Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How cold is it?

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Lol... 72 isn't even cold.
    lol no kidding, I would have the AC on in that weather too! see? like I said BC folks are crazy. when it rains its hot outside, here when it rains, get inside with the heat on before you freeze you butt off! for heavens sakes I find +1*C to be nice and warm not AC wearther but warm none the less!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Re: Re: Re: How cold is it?

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    LOL, well don't you live in Alberta? I hear that there are some odd weather patterns there and that -40 C is normal. Over here I'm sheltered by mountians hehe. I've actually been trying to find the record of the coldest day here in Kelowna. My mom says the coldest she can remember is -30.
    Yep we have some pretty odd weather patterns. -40 is not normal for here. Well we can get to -30 in the winter, usually in January so with the windchill we might hit -40, but it's not all that normal. Then again we can also be +10-15 in the middle of winter as well. Gotta love chinooks!!!!

Originally posted by cali
    lol I am with sheltees you BC people wouldent know cold if it jump up and bit you lol, I am in Saskatawan and it is very very very cold, on saterday to keep warm I was where 2 shirts, a fleece jacket and a winter jacket all over top of one another, had my hoods up and mitts on, I was still cold. its around -30*C with the wind chill right now. but thats not bad for Sask winters(-40*C WITHOUT the windchill!)

WOW!!! I am cold just reading this!!!

Originally posted by Christiansmommy
    WOW!!! I am cold just reading this!!!
    Me too! I can't imagine!

BTW, BC people are wierd.........weather-wise. My cousin came to visit us from there in July last year. It was a nice warm day in the 80s.........nice for a July day..........and he thought we live in the hottest place on the planet! I mean.........it was only in the 80s! I don't think that's extremely hot for a day in July. We have 90s, and even 100s sometimes in the summer.

Originally posted by popcornbird

BTW, BC people are wierd.........weather-wise. My cousin came to visit us from there in July last year. It was a nice warm day in the 80s.........nice for a July day..........and he thought we live in the hottest place on the planet! I mean.........it was only in the 80s! I don't think that's extremely hot for a day in July. We have 90s, and even 100s sometimes in the summer.
    LOL, that was probably a different part of BC. I live in the hottest region of BC, where it can get up to 45 C, although 35 C is more common. I don't have my thermometre with me right now as I'm at school, so I'm not sure how much those are in farenheit (Our record is 46 C, I believe that is 122 F??). It's probably why I think 72 F is cold...because it IS cold! Lol. I'm used to hot weather.
    I've been BOO'd!

It's 12 c here. Goes down to about 7.5 in the night.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    LOL, that was probably a different part of BC. I live in the hottest region of BC, where it can get up to 45 C, although 35 C is more common. I don't have my thermometre with me right now as I'm at school, so I'm not sure how much those are in farenheit (Our record is 46 C, I believe that is 122 F??). It's probably why I think 72 F is cold...because it IS cold! Lol. I'm used to hot weather.
    I never knew there was a hot place in BC.............until I *met* you!

He lived in Surrey at the time though...........but now he's in Vancouver. Its always cool there.......at least all the times I went!

What do you mean BC people are weird??? Jordan does live in one of the hot spots of BC. The other hot spot is Osoyoos. Here on the coast, we do have duck feet because we get alot of rain. Today it's been raining all day but the temp is fairly warm (10 degrees cel) so it's quite humid as well.

PCB: Anything over 70 is too hot for me. Coastal people are not used to 80 degrees just like we are not used to the snow. Truly, I would not last a day in Palm Springs. And yes, I can see how 70 would be cool for you.
    Last edited by slick; 11-10-2003 at 05:20 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    What do you mean BC people are weird??? Jordan does live in one of the hot spots of BC. The other hot spot is Osoyoos.

Hehe, we beat Osoyoos's heat record!
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    It's not cold at all. We still have the AC on, but -- We're supposed to be getting a cold front in!! YAAAYYYY!!

Last time I checked, it was 72. Woohoo!! Bring the coldness!
    lmao! i know really, It needs to be cold here im sooo over the heat!! yay coldness!

Originally posted by popcornbird
    You use the AC at 70 degrees?!?!?! OMG! We *set* the AC to 70 degrees! That's such a comfortable temperature! Not hot and not cold! Of course we have no humidity here so I guess it probably feels different..........but 70 and AC? No, we use AC when its in the 90s or 100s. Maybe in the 80s if the sun shines too brightly through the windows making it hot..........but 70s? I'd have the windows open for a nice breeze in that weather!

*Me thinks Floridans are crazy*
    Hmmmm..... No humidity and temps sometimes in the 100's. Do you think Pops might live in Arizona?

Well, right now it's about -21C and dropping. Daytime highs are no more than -10C. -40C is normal for here in December and January. I find the darkness worse than the cold.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

It's about 62 here right now.....but it was in the high 70s earlier today. It's supposed to be around 84 tomorrow and for the next few days. Moose will be excited.....he'll get to go swimming, hehe.