Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats and Water

Cats and Water

Costello likes to watch the "victim" in the water at a safe distance. But the other day he slipped and fell down in the bathtub. He was very fast up again! After a little rubbing with the towel he was back to normal. He’s a bit more careful now!

awwwwwwww! Leila does the same thing but she watches from inside the sink

Filou here sits in the bathtub and asks me to open the faucet so that he can drink and play with the water.

He also fell in the tub when he was trying to walk over dad's islands (shoulders and knees ).

Such a CUTE picture!! Isn't it amazing how they are so fascinated by something that they really dislike!!
    Sammy fell in the tub with me once too but he got out quickly with no problems other than being wet. I, on the other hand, ended up bleeding because he used my body as a push off to get out of the tub!! That will teach me to laugh at him!

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    I, on the other hand, ended up bleeding because he used my body as a push off to get out of the tub!! That will teach me to laugh at him!
    Tubby did that years ago when he was a lot younger - and a lot more spry. If we had a regular tub I don't think I'd let him up there anymore...if he still wanted to come up, but we've got a "hot tub" or jacuzzi tub as some call it. It is surrounded in tile so it has a wider edge on it. So Tubby hasn't fallen in lately, but he did catch his tail on fire when he let it hang over the burning candle! Thank goodness it went out real quick otherwise I would have dumped him in the tub myself just to put his tail out!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Juni likes to watch us too. Not so long ago, Pichu started coming to the bathroom with us.

Juni's father (Vasea) fell in the water once, and flew out immediately

Abner will stand on his tip-toes to look into the tub while it is draining to see what is making that noise. Smokey will sit just like Costello until I get out. Mystic likes to hide from her brothers in the bathtub and Tigger goes in the tub for a drink from the faucet and then she gets really silly and begins to chase her tail in the empty tub.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Is my aby the only aby who hates water?!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Peaches likes to be bathed. Her fur is so soft after a bath. Most cats who tolerate or like water don't like to get their faces wet.
    Last edited by Randy_K; 11-13-2003 at 08:46 AM.
    Randy

Bob will play with the water comming out of the faucet and drink from it, but only every once in a while.

We don't take alot of baths, so I am not really sure what my two would do. He does spend alot of time in the tub but it is dry.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Costello is so cute! Sunny likes to do that , he trys to play with the bubbles in the water . I bought a rubber duckie for him , he will not get in the water but he sure likes the bubbles and his duckie ! He has not fell in the water yet , but I think he would be pretty unhappy if he did !

Our RB Ernie used to perch on the tub when Sirrahsim still lived at home - whenever she would bathe - and would dip in his paws! Neither me nor hubby bathe in the tub (we DO shower!!,) but the kittens love to play with running tap water and insist on having their water FRESH as you can see here:

Opie loves the water. I give him baths all the time. He just sits in the water and lets me soap him down. He doesn't like being dried off once the bath is done, though. Kc, on the other hand, HATES the bath. She freaks out if you try to take her into the bathroom so she never gets baths.
    ~Chelsea~

Costello is such a Cute Cat. But now you will have to adopt a bossy Cat , named Abbott.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Great photo!

My boys get dangerously close to the bath water and try to bat it with their paws. They like to step into the shower stall after I'm finished and drink from the basin. Rocky is a sink drinker.