Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Winter" arrives at Camp Vermont

"Winter" arrives at Camp Vermont

I am afraid this photo is her only one for the night. Maybe tomorrow she will feel more secure, and come out!

Juni and Miley did the puffy tail thing when sniffing Winter's carrier. I have not allowed them to go near her and will wait for that until tomorrow.

The drive (including one sleepy, rest stop) took 9 hours round trip.

Winter is much larger than I had imagined. She needs a good brushing as they have been leaving her alone, to recouperate from her spaying.

She is so so so soft and fluffy. She doesn't weigh much, just puffy girl.

Ooooh!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Glad you made it home safe. Have a fun weekend getting acquainted!!

Awwwwwwwwww, that looks like a sleepy little fuzzball of a bunny.
    I am so happy that you got her home safe and tucked into bed for the night.
    I can't wait to see more photos tomorrow and to hear what Miley and Juni think of her!
    Congratulations on the new bunny Sas!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

You got a bunny?!?! How cute! Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics!

Welcome, Winter (the only winter I would ever like)

I think I need more pictures of that hutch, to me it looks like she is in a washing machine......hee hee....sorry.....***shrugs***

All is quiet

It was a quiet night. Winter (aka Winny) has eaten greens, pellets, hay - has consumed water and done the thing that rabbits do best...pooped! So, based on the simple events I would say that she is fine. I held her for about 1/2 hr. just moments ago. She didn't purr! What?

I have a baby gate up at the door, to keep the cats out of Winter's room.
    R I G H T ! I bet there is a cat in her room right now!

From what I understand from her foster mom, Winter was no slouch when it came to "owning" the cats in her foster home. My two are not aggressive, so I am sure Winter will scare the daylights out of the cats if they try anything.

I will take some photos once I re-rig the pen for Winter....so she can hop in and out of her cage.

By the way Jen, how did you guess, it is a washing machine! I thought I could save a few bucks and use my washer as Winter's cage...then just remove her when it is time to "do a load"...

Actually Jen, I spent a small fortune on that cage/hutch. It is on wheels, thus making it easy to wheel into the shower. The washing machine thingie is actually an "attached to the outside", nesting box. It locks on to a door (optional)....it has a tray under it to clean it from the outside....really neat. There is no wood on the hutch, just metal. I think Winter likes it as she hopped (hey, you might think she was a bunny) right back in to it........from her make shift corral.

Pictures to follow!

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO soft!

OMG , You have a bunny !!! Lucky Girl. Photos, Photos, photos

Welcome Winter, you have landed on your cute bunny feet with your new home. Waiting for a photo of you in your new home

Awww! And congrats! Bunnies really are the one of the greatest animals (shh don't tell the dogs)

We definitly need more pictures

Ashey
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh,oh, can't wait to see more pics and stories of Winter!

Juni and Millie got puffy tails?!? LOL, scary kitties. ..I'm sure they will be friends in no time.

And yes, sure they poop like like crazy, the good thing is you can use it to feed the plants right away.

Love the "washing machine" you got for her!

Welcome home Winny!

Winter - I love the season, and now the bunny, too! Welcome to Pet Talk, Winter dear bunny. Tell momma to buy you some nice parsley to celebrate your homecoming!

Aww, what a cutie! Looks a lot like Cookiebakers bun bun! Can't wait to see more pics!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Not great photo ops today :(

I have since redone the living arrangement for Winter....$$$$$

Aww I love Winters fluffy ears.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Not great photos? Their fantastic! What a very overly cute little bunny. Sooo swweet. Looks so fluffy. She is an angora right? I love their ears!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh SAS I have been out all day and just saw these. What a doll baby she is! I think her ears look like they are being held up with pipe cleaners!! Are you sure she is real??!!!!

I love these pictures. I guess that is Juni on the top of the cage??? Oh I wish I could be there and witness the "intro," but we will just have to depend on you. More pics and "bunny tales" please!