Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That %$#&*@ shelter did it AGAIN!!!!

That %$#&*@ shelter did it AGAIN!!!!

I went to the shelter to visit with Baby Sara, Sydney's two REAL babies, Robyn and Clinton and get some food for Sydney. As I was walking in, a woman and her little girl were there to look at kittens. They wanted possible littermates so they wouldn't be lonely. I was elated that Roby and Clinton might have a furrrrever home together!!

I went to where they were in the kitty room and saw a sign on their cage that said "Do not use cage till 11/31"

When I asked Courtney where they were, she gave me this disgusted look and said "Ask Elaine".

It seems that Elaine, the director of the shelter found a "suspicious" skin lesion on one of the kittens. Rather than do the sensible thing of isolating them, taking a skin culture and waiting for the results, she put BOTH kittens down!! The woman who wanted to adopt them was taken aback by the whole thing. I told her I had a wonderful little girl at my house that would be the perfect pet for her. She's bringing her husband into the shelter with her.

I was furious!!! I went into her office and ripped her up one side and down the other. I told her she disgusted me the way she plays God so easily with the needle. I told her that they were Sydney's REAL babies and I would've gladly taken them both, put them in my spare room and treated them till the the lesion was gone. I also told her that she had one hell of a nerve keeping a food/dog aggressive dog with a "mysterious" skin condition for WEEKS, knowing that he's probably not adoptable (dogs with "issues" are very hard to place) and killing these TWO precious furbabies on a the pretense that ONE of them had ringworm without confirming it first.

She said she had no idea (bullcrap!!) they were Sydney's real babies. Her "reasoning" for euthanizing BOTH kittens was that ringworm is highly contagious to both humans and other animals. She said that if I had put a note in their file, she would've called me. She said the SAME thing about Carrie.

I've called Cathy, my friend who runs the nursery. I told her that if ANYTHING came up with Baby Sara, to call me IMMEDIATELY and I would come get her.

Now you know WHY I won't bring Sydney to the shelter.

When I first started there, they told me that the only time they put an animal down is IF the is is a danger to himself or others, or is seriously ill and will probably not recover. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the dog fits the criteria. My furbabies certainly did not.

RIP Robyn & Clinton, my precious little angels. Please forgive me for bringing you to a bad place rather than finding you homes myself. And know that your mama will always have a furrrever home with me.
    Last edited by moosmom; 11-07-2003 at 08:09 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm so sorry you had to go through this yet again.

I'm wondering, does Elaine have a boss or someone she reports too? Keeping the food aggressive dog who most likely can't be placed while euthanizing two kittens who are highly adoptable sounds very suspicious, like she's playing favorites.

RIP Robyn and Clinton.....

Oh, how terrible. RIP babies.
    I've been BOO'd!

Oh Donna. I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a huge hug right now...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by Maresche
    ....I'm wondering, does Elaine have a boss or someone she reports too? Keeping the food aggressive dog who most likely can't be placed while euthanizing two kittens who are highly adoptable sounds very suspicious, like she's playing favorites......
    Ditto... Report the b***h, get her replaced. She has no compassion and her actions are illogical and cruel.

Get us her bosses details so we can complain about her actions.

What about contacting the local paper, slip a couple of nice furbabies photos and an unoffical interview their way. So everyone knows what she has done.

Lets see if she changes her ways (or job) after exposure in the press.

I am SO sorry for you and the sweet furbabies who are suffering from this idiots actions.

RIP furbabies enjoy your new life on the bridge.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

SPEECHLESS!

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I was not aware that ringworm was an incurable illness.

OMG! What is their problem? This makes me sad and sick.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

That is sick. That woman should not be playing favourites with animals. It seems to me like she prefers dogs over cats and that cats are a *dime a dozen* mentality which really gets me angry.

I would report her. Hell I would ring up the ASPCA or whoever the body is that manages the shelters and tell them of the abuse of animal rights. She could have treated those kittens. While ringworm is highly infectious - with proper hygene regulations in place it is also highly treatable.

Maybe even start a protest group and sit outside of the shelter on their busiest day and state that she kills cats with treatable illnesses but keeps dogs that clearly should be put down. Sorry it just makes me so angry.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Some people really are too stupid to be allowed to continue breathing. Please ask her if she could stop.

I was not hear for the first thing this woman did, but I am so sorry that you had to go through it a second time.

From PayIt forward
    Get us her bosses details so we can complain about her actions.
    I agree, if you want to give us info, I would be happy to rip someone a new one.

I would really like to put alot of other words into this post, but this is a family board.

RIP Robyn & Clinton, have a safe journey to RB and I know that you will have plenty of friends there. Sending prayers and comfort to you.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

This is terrible, and so sad. Poor babies.
    Steffi and Lovable

Donna, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this again. I'd also report her and hopefully they'll fire her.

RIP sweet Robyn and Clinton. I'm so sorry that you had to go to RB so soon.

OMG, I can't believe this! I'm about to cry. My little Jazz had ringworm and I still adopted her and nursed her through it plus a URI. I can't imagine this world without her, especially if she was put down over something as simple as ringworm. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Please, please do something about this woman if you can. Report her to someone. She is out of control and totally untrained if this is how she treats animals with ringworm.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by jazzcat
    She is out of control and totally untrained if this is how she treats animals with ringworm.
    It wasn't even confirmed as ringworm, it was one
    "suspicious" skin lesion on one of the kittens"

This makes me sooooooooo mad and just sick to my stomach!!! If this wasn't family oriented I could use some words that nobody has probably ever heard!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with CatDad on this. She is a waste of oxygen and why the $#*& is she in that job anyway?????
    The next time you see her and she has a zit let her know how sorry you are to have to put her down, but we sure wouldn't want anybody else to catch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry that it happened to you. It is like there is no end to stupidity. I know all the things I would be feeling and guilt would be a big one. Don't do that to yourself. You can't predict stupidity...it's just comes out of nowhere! {{hugs}}