Thread: Unexpected vet visit

Sue,

How's Killian doing today? Hope the Vet was able to give
    him something for this latest flareup. I would love to hear that
    he's feeling & looking some better by now. Hugs to you sweet
    Killian. ( Shiloh too )
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes! Killian seems to be feeling pretty good. I haven't found any more lesions or spots. The ones on his rear are scabbing over. However, the one on his snout isn't clearing at all. By the end of the week, if there is no change, I'll have to call the vet.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Just wanting to check up on Killian.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Thanks so much for asking, Rachel. Killian is almost through with his second week of meds and the "thing" on his snout is still solidly planted there. The large area on his leg is clearing up nicely, though. I don't think more of this med is going to help. I guess we'll just have to leave it as it is and watch so it doesn't grow any bigger. He can't take any other med that would be ok with his liver and his autoimmune disease.

He is acting just fine!! In fact, he is officially a NAWTEE DOG!!!!!!! I can't believe my angel, Killian, is a NAWTEE DOG! He has never (well, almost never) done anything bad!!!! LOL On Saturday evening, after eating all his dinner, he proceeded to hide in the dining room, remove a one pound bad of unopened "Cherry Bites" from the table and devour the entire bag!!!!! When I caught him, he was finishing up the last piece! He ate 1500 calories of candy!!!! 11 servings!!!! Of course, I was worried about any ill effects with his liver, so I slept with him in the family room thinking he would have to go out all night, but no...he was ok! He was fine (thank goodness, I was worried)!!! He didn't even have a "sugar high". In the almost 8 yrs. of his life with us, we never had to worry about food laying within his reach. Now that he is on Prednisone, he lives for food....what a difference from when I used to cry because he wouldn't eat for days!!! However, the pred, which is for his autoimmune disease, will take it's toll on him in the end with his liver. We hoping it is a long way down the road......
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

WELCOME, Killi ~

To the NAWTEE DAWG KLUB!!

A Hole POUND of "Cherry Bytes", huh?

Next tyme; save a few - meebee hide sum unner da kowch...

We kinda *go* fur Koff Dropz -
    Dad offin leaves wun or two onna BigBed bookcase shelf...
    Phunnie, we sorta like da "Cherry" flavur wuns, too!

Real pain-inna-butt gettin da wrappur papurs off, tho -
    "Cherry Bytes" all wrapped up, or jest inna baggie?

Happie Snakkin, Killi!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Ah Ha!!! It was just too good to be true, Sue! At last! Our Special Sweetie has been initiated into the Nawtee Dawg Club! In fact, about 10 minutes ago, I looked down at the quietest little girl and saw sparkly stuff on the rug....somehow, somewhere, she "found" 2 artificial pinecones attached to sticks and tore them ..silently..to shreds! I didn't even know we had them anywhere in the house! I'm still looking around and scratching my head! Oh well, I guess she'll be giving off shiney poops so I won't need a flashlight at night! Still thinking about Killi, saying endless prayers and sending him endless smoochies!

I've been Boooo'd!

Hehehe, Killi is in such good company!!!!!

Today his poo is BRIGHT RED !! Took a while for it to works it's way through that old sluggish liver!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Cinners and Smokes, they weren't individually wrapped. He got the whole prize as soon as he broke through that plastic bag!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Originally posted by Sudilar
    ... Today his poo is BRIGHT RED !!
    WW! *RED* Pooh...

How totally , Killi !!

Dad wuld *faint* iffin he saw dat!

... they weren't individually wrapped.
    He got the whole prize as soon as he broke through that plastic bag!
    Dat soundz a LOT eazier than havin ta *un-wrap* each wun...
    Wish Da bot da Koff Dropz dat way...
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Hey, Killian, good job in the NAWTEE DAWG department. You are officially a member of the KLUB. Apparently one of those toofises you got left must be sweet toofis. And I bet you had some pretty red lippers to go with it!
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Seems to me that if they want to eat candy, the least they could do is choose breath mints!!!!

Welcome to the NAWTEE DAWG Club, Killian!!!!! Red Poop???

I just read your post to Bella and she said "Way to go Killi!!!!" She is so happy that he has joined her in the Nawtee Dog Club and is now aware of the fun things that can be found on the top of a table. hehe! She said to tell Killi that toilet paper off the roll is delightful to munch on and you just can't beat a tissue fresh out of the trash can! Seriously, I am glad all was processed well by Killi and there are no after effects!

The CANDYMAN has discovered a whole new world!!!! LOL I think the Nawtee Dog Klub has gone to his head (errr...his stomach)!! He read all your posts and decided that he loves being in the company of such wonderful Nawtee Dogs!!!!! Now I find him lifting his head (which reaches over the tables) and sniffing to see what is left on it for him to steal!!!! He has "snatch and run" down to a science!! LOL

Logan, his breath smelled quite good after the cherry candy, in fact, the poo had a cherry scent, too (NO!!! Just kidding! LOL) Today there was only little tiny streaks of red.....so I think we are finally done with the cherry bites. LOL

Killi says thanks for the tp tip, Bella...he's gonna check it out. Hahaha

Yes, Rachel, out of the eight teeth (or so, I lost count) they pulled, I think they left in the sweet tooth! LOL

Now, now Cinners and Smokeski....your Dad wouldn't faint at RED Poo, would he???? He's a MAN, he's tough!! Right? Hmmm, cherry cough drops sound good........

Klo, Killi says wow, he's impressed with sparkly poo!!! That outdoes plain old bright red!!

Thank you, Everyone!! I can laugh at this now, but you should have seen the panic I was in when it happened!!!! Thanks for the prayers!!! Hugs to all!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Red Poo!!! Killi a Nawtee Dawg!?!? Say it isn't so!!!

You're still adorable Killian and I'm glad you're feeling better.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Red pooh is classy! Cody once gobbled down a piece of saran wrap from the trashcan (he knew that the top swong in and out and we could always hear his big ole head in there..how I miss that!) and the "end" results were...well..let's just say, what we don't do for our dogs (cringe)..and another time he gulped one of my knee highs and guess what was inside it the next day!??? Yum yum! At least Killi has good taste! ps...NO sparklies today..wonder where they went???

I've been Boooo'd!