Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I feel evil

I hope you will listen to the great advice all the others have given you, its obvious you lost your temper and that is the worrying thing, you have to try and learn to control it, because next time it might be your child who has its face slapped, now I am not minimising the fact you hit your pet, by no means, I am just saying this could be the stepping stone to becoming more violent as your life goes on.

So take the good advice, take some anger management courses maybe, and remember your darling dog will forgive you, as she will love you unconditonally.

You did the right thing coming here, naturally as pet lovers, we were upset to hear you did this to Hallie, and no doubt you have the worst guilt ever, just move on from here, learn from your mistakes, and say to yourself YOU WILL NEVER EVER DO OR SAY THAT AGAIN.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Having lived with a violent man, I can tell you that Duke has never forgotten how he was treated. It's been almost 10 years. If you feel you have trouble controling your anger, there are courses out there you can take to learn how to manage it. Please don't ever hit anything or anyone again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Sometimes our emotions are hard to control, and we don't learn our lessons until it's too late!

When I married my husband, he had custody of his 4 daughters. 3 of them are grown and out of the house now. The 16-year old is still here. Twice, I slapped one of them. Often, I was emotionally abusive.

Then - I watched this commercial. It's so funny how a commercial changed my entire life. It was about how violence breeds violence and abusing somebody once can have ripple effects for years and years. It applied more to humans - about how children who are abused grow up to abuse their own children.

After that, whenever I'd even think of hitting somebody I'd get really weak. I couldn't ever do it again after that. I kept thinking "what I do could cause infinite harm!"

But - my change came late. It affected my relationship with that stepdaughter permanently. She might forgive, but she'll never forget.

I don't know if you have an anger problem or if this was just a one-time deal. But if you do have a problem with anger you need to tell yourself "I will break the cycle! I will not continue this!" You need to think about all the harm that abuse can do. Your dog might become fearful of people and bite somebody. That could cause the person bitten to dislike dogs and abuse them - then the dogs the person abuses could bite and the cycle would continue!

I hope it was just a one time deal. You're not a bad person - remember that. But the things you do can have lasting effects on people and animals you might never even meet.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Sorry again guys

Hi guys. I just got back from taking Hallie to " The Soda Fountain" to get some icecream. It was funny. Hallie got ice cream all over her nose and was desperately trying to stretch her tongue out far enough to reach it. I took her to the park after that and we talked the whole time. When I got home and set down to the computer, she came and jumped up on my lap, licking me constantly on the face with vannilla icecream breath. She forgave me. She is 4 years old and that is the first time that I have ever hit a dog. PERIOD!!! The reason why I did is that she bit a person that came to our house to get some ducks. I guess I was just scared that the person was going to be upset and have Hallie taken from us, so I did the first thing that came to mind. But, I knew that mine and Hallie's friendship would never end, for she is my best and only BEST friend. The other dogs are my friend, but me and Hallie are always together. She goes everywhere with me. Like the people in town say:

Their frienship will continue, from life til death, at the end... They shall meet again.

Someone once said that ands it spread. I like it. It tells the truth too.

Anyhow, I am not going to leave Pet Talk. I like it too much. And I like the people here. They are just so understanding.
    I read all of the replies, I am dissapointed that so mant have lost trust in me, but I am thankful that so many understand. For you that understood. Thank you for the understanding and giving me advice. I am just so happy that at least SOME people understood the bad doing of my behavior. Because I even know that EVERYONE does bad doing and gets mad at their pets sometimes. I unlike some others, come forth and admit my wrong doing to others that understand. Thank you for understanding.

The first thing you think of when your dog bites someone is to hit it?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

believe me I am in no way mad, everyone makes mistakes I have made that mistake as well what I was younger, and I just about got run off a board for it, only one person got me to come back because she was understanding and knew that everyone makes mistakes.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Not exactly

That's not what I meant. What I meant was, that man was freaking out and was about to pick up the phone, and he was yelling and somehow managed to say " That dog has no obediance, I bet that, that dog has never had.etc Anyhow, my dad was running outside, and the way he was raised our dogs get punnished. It is not hitting. But when one of his dogs bit someone, he would hit it one the butt a couple of times and then tie it up outside. But, our dogs have never bit anyone. So, I guess what I was saying was that I was scared. I was scared because my dad has only owned large dogs and he might have hurt Hallie. Usually when our dogs do bad I pick them up and run for my room before my dad can see what they did so that I can just put them in time out. So I guess I just figured that if I hit her and took her to my room, my dad wouldn't touch her. I wouldn't have let him anyways. That is just not what I meant. I didn't have time to stop and go " Hmmmm, I wonder what I should do?" If I would have had that much time, this would not have happened.

Re: Sorry again guys

Originally posted by petlover
    The reason why I did is that she bit a person that came to our house to get some ducks. I guess I was just scared that the person was going to be upset and have Hallie taken from us, so I did the first thing that came to mind.
    Acctually, from going through agressive classes with Chewy (RB)
    is the WORST thing you can do is hit the dog for biteing someone. If YOU can do the behvior, why can't the dog?? (I never hit him, never ever, but it's just something we went over) Next time, take her by the coller, and say NO in a loud shapr disapointed voice. It works well. Also, if you know that she is agrerssive with this person, remove her form the house or if you see ANY hesitation from her, or fear, remove her from the situation imediatly.

Good luck to the both of you.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Re: Not exactly

Originally posted by petlover
    But when one of his dogs bit someone, he would hit it one the butt a couple of times and then tie it up outside. But, our dogs have never bit anyone.
    Tell your dad to NEVER EVER EVER do this! It only causes the agression to get worse!!! Your dad needs to take some type of classes, where he learns about agression behavior in dogs before he goes and treats it. He is only going to make the dog worse

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I agree

I can understand what both of you are saying. I have watched and learned that hitting is not a good punnishment, I am so stupid! ( Bangs head on desk) I really don't know why I did that. ( Bangs head on desk again) Also, I talked to my dad about it once before. He agreed to stop. I talked to him again tonight. He said that he was not going to hit her. He was just going to see what was going on! ( Bangs head on desk once more) Anyhow, I hope that everything goes great with everyone's dogs and pets. And from my PERSONAL experience. PLEASE never hit your dog. Whatever the reason, just please don't.

o wow I cant believe you hit your dog in the face *tear*
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Oh, the drama...

You all are saying you have NEVER smacked your dog, not even on the butt or tapped them on the nose? I have never slapped an animal in the face, but I have "tapped" Morgan on the nose. This doesn't hurt, it's just tapping but it gets her attention. When Ewok attacks me the only way to get him off is to smack him on the butt, or somehow try to scruff him at the neck and remove him from my leg. Yes he attacks for no reason. Just recently I was walking to the kitchen when he jumped up and left a puncture wound on my finger. He's come a long way but I need to defend myself from my cat and I will. As much as I love him he has problems in which we are dealing with the best to our ability. I don't think beating a dog, slapping in the face etc are exceptable. There are other ways to train a dog and positive reinforcement goes a long way and works wonders.

With my rats that are times I need to flick them on the nose. Having a lot of buck's I sometimes have males trying too hard to become the dominant male. Sometimes this results in very bloody fights in which case the only way I can stop it is to flick the one doing the attacking on the nose and somehow get him to stop long enough for me to place my hands between them. You cannot just stick your hands in there and reach in and take them out, or you will be hurting. They will bite when trying to seperate and they bite HARD!

And to bring up how people discipline their children is a different subject. I don't think spanking a child on the butt is going to cause severe mental distress........
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    You all are saying you have NEVER smacked your dog, not even on the butt or tapped them on the nose? I have never slapped an animal in the face, but I have "tapped" Morgan on the nose. This doesn't hurt, it's just tapping but it gets her attention. When Ewok attacks me the only way to get him off is to smack him on the butt, or somehow try to scruff him at the neck and remove him from my leg. Yes he attacks for no reason. Just recently I was walking to the kitchen when he jumped up and left a puncture wound on my finger. He's come a long way but I need to defend myself from my cat and I will. As much as I love him he has problems in which we are dealing with the best to our ability. I don't think beating a dog, slapping in the face etc are exceptable. There are other ways to train a dog and positive reinforcement goes a long way and works wonders.

With my rats that are times I need to flick them on the nose. Having a lot of buck's I sometimes have males trying too hard to become the dominant male. Sometimes this results in very bloody fights in which case the only way I can stop it is to flick the one doing the attacking on the nose and somehow get him to stop long enough for me to place my hands between them. You cannot just stick your hands in there and reach in and take them out, or you will be hurting. They will bite when trying to seperate and they bite HARD!

And to bring up how people discipline their children is a different subject. I don't think spanking a child on the butt is going to cause severe mental distress........
    I have been spanked and i dont think it is bad, I dont think smaking a dog on the but is bad, BUt I am totally against hitting a dog or any animal is the face, it makes them affraid of you.. that is what gets to me..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I have been spanked and i dont think it is bad, I dont think smaking a dog on the but is bad, BUt I am totally against hitting a dog or any animal is the face, it makes them affraid of you.. that is what gets to me..

Not necessarily...