View Poll Results: What would you do if you found....

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would turn all the money into the police.

22 73.33%
  • I would keep a finders fee and return part of the money back to the police.

1 3.33%
  • I would keep the money.

4 13.33%
  • I would give part of the money to charity and keep the rest.

3 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

I'd turn it into the police.... but if I heard on the news about how some miraculous donation came to the police station and they all gave themselves raises... I'd be a tad miffed.

But seriously, if the money was stolen, I wouldn't want to be the one holding the bag, in a matter of speaking.

On the other hand.... has anyone ever found money on the ground and kept it? (larger than loose change)

I have. I was walking Kia once and there was a $20 on the ground. There was no-one in sight and all the local buisnesses were closed, so I kept it. I ended up taking Kia to the Pet Store and buying her and the kitties some nice treats and toys.

I did feel guilty, but felt better that I spent the money on the kids and not me.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

If there was a large sum of money most likely it was from drug deal and the people don't deserve to have it back if they are doing something illegal to get it! I would keep some and return the rest. The part I keep would be to pay off bills, buy a house and start my giant rescue for homeless people and their pets/exotic animals. My opinion is, taking a few thousand isn't going to put too big a hole in their pocket, and what the heck are they doing carrying around that much money in the first place. It was their stupidity that caused them to lose it, so their loss.

NOW...........if it were smaller I would deffenately give it back. But a million dollars, that's just too much money that doesn't seem right to go back to them............unless they could prove it was theirs. I am sure the owner (if it weren't drug related) would be on the news saying they lost it and the city would know, then I would know I was giving it back to someone who it rightfully belongs to. In my opinion a drug dealer can kiss my a$$. If no one said anything that well it's mine. I know if it were me and I lost that much money I would damn well let the whole town know! I just wouldn't feel comfortable given it to someone who did wrong to get it. JMO.

When it comes to petty little things like a dollar bill I keep it. I am not going to go to every store in the city to see who lost a one dollar bill...........seems a little silly to me. If I lost a dollar I would want the person to keep it. Even if I lost ten bucks, just keep it. Anything 20 dollars or more, but not too drastic I would try to find who it belonged to, like checking the nearest stores or putting an ad in the paper.

So in other words, yes I would give it back if I knew for sure it wasn't going to someone who sold drugs or did something illegal to get it, and then hope they gave me some money! But if it were drug money I would keep some and give the rest away to the cops or whatever.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 11-04-2003 at 02:08 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Just as some other people on here, I would turn the money into the police, yet secretly hope that in doing so I'd get a reward. I just couldn't keep somebody else's money knowing that if it as mine, I'd be praying somebody would be nice enough to return it! So, I think I'd do the right thing!

I would turn it in--I do believe in karma.

Once I found a 50 dollar bill in the parking lot of where my husband lived. I saw it on the ground, stopped the car (yes, I was broke at the time), and picked it up. There was no one outside anywhere, and after I sat there for a good 10 minutes, no one came around, so I kept it. There was absolutely no way I could find out whose it was--it was an apartment complex of college kids--I'm sure the first door I knocked on would have claimed it!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Well the thing is, don't you think if you lost a million dollars you would alert the newspaper or news or something? How do I know how the person got the money? But I guess the cops would do best with it, and not use it for drug money and they drug users wouldn't get it back anyways............hrmm, so I guess I would give it to the cops afterall. Hopefully no one would claim it though.

I don't think "Doing the right thing" would be to give it back to drug users though.......
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I honestly do not know. If I found a bag of money(1 millinon $ ) on the street, I don't know what I'd do. I know its impossible to find a million dollars, but I don't know. I'd be scared to keep it too, because we don't know why its there. I'd probably tell the police, and if no one claims it I'd keep it and of course, I'd give some to charity.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -