Thread: Funny Story

Funny Story

The thread "favorite odd toy" made me think of a story.

A few years ago, I put my wedding ring on the kitchen counter and went to bed. The next morning, they were gone. We frantically searched everywhere. We damaged our stove removing it, thinking it may have fell down the crack. We searched high and low.

This was especially devastating because my wedding ring had belonged to my mother. My biological father passed away when I was 1 year old and it was my mother's wedding ring from that marriage.

Well, about a year later, I found it just sitting in the middle of my living room floor. The cats had brought it back out from where ever they'd had it the past year. Phew!

When small things disappear I have to check my cat's toy box to see if he put it there. Yes, he has a toy box... I put the toys there and he picks out what he wants to play with. My mom's Russian Blue "Pookie" does the same thing.
    Randy

My dog Snoopy, the schnauzer-poodle, used to always put her toys back in the toybox after playing with them. One day I noticed one of my Barbie dolls in there that she had claimed. Snoopy is dead now, but I still have one special Barbie with chewed arms to make me think of that.

It is wonderful that you got it back! The little critters are notorious for such things! We break our backs digging toys out from under furniture and any other odd place while they sit and watch. They act like they can't wait to get their toy back but in reality they are laughing their furry little backsides off at us!!! I just bet that they can get any of their toys if they want to! All that stretching legs under things and looking pitiful is just a ploy! I know it is!!! But, alas, I will keep following their commands!

I'm still waiting for the return of a diamond ear ring! I had given up but since your ring was returned about a year later then I will hang on to some hope!!!

They probably took the ring to the pawn shop so they could get some cat treats..

Now check your purse...there probably is money missing...

you know, to get the ring back.

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Funny story

Thats a funny thought , Richard LOL !

I'll bet you were absolutely thrilled when you saw the ring after a while year! I'm so glad you got it back!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

lol. Richard, you are so funny.

This isn't quite as big of a thing as a wedding ring, but something similar happened to me 2 summers ago. I am a school teacher, and I was resigning from my position effective at the end of the year (We were moving.). I had my classroom cleaned, and had collected everything I needed to turn in to the office for the end of the year, with the exception of my I.D. badge. It wasn't in my purse or my desk or my car, so I knew it must be at my house. I called my husband, and he looked everywhere in the house with no luck. The people in the school office told me not to worry about it since I was moving anyway. When I got home, I looked everywhere in the house--no I.D. Two days later, the badge was lying on the floor in the den. To this day, I have no idea where the cats had it hidden.

Originally posted by Randy_K
    When small things disappear I have to check my cat's toy box to see if he put it there. Yes, he has a toy box... I put the toys there and he picks out what he wants to play with. My mom's Russian Blue "Pookie" does the same thing.

Tonya, I am so glad you got your ring back!

Ally has a Toy Box too, which Connor has recently discovered:

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Funny story

Aren't cats fun ? I still think they are magic ! Magic we need every day ! Sometimes they make us crazy , with hiding our things ! They just do that to keep us from getting board . LOL