Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite, odd toy?

Favorite, odd toy?

Anyone's cat have a strange and unusual toy? Opie loves playing with hair bands and today I found him playing with a clip in braid for your hair. Something about hair things that he loves. Anyone else's cats play with weird toys/objects?
    ~Chelsea~

Hair rubberbands and straws. Whenever we clean behind the dresser, under the beds, or under the couches, we find hundreds of them.

Not that odd maybe, but paper boxes is one of the favorite toys around here:

//Alice

My guy loves packing paper - that newsprint-quality paper. He tears it up; slides around on with his front paws on the paper and hind legs pushing on the carpet. He dives under the paper or throws a toy under the paper so he has an excuse to attack. Hours of fun for him and entertaining for me.

Randy

Favorite ,odd toy

Sunny likes paper grocery bags . All you have to do is lay one on its side and directly there is a cat in the bag .LOL

Oh yes, papers are the best!

Alice

...and grocery bags.

Cubby loves straws, and paint brushes. Of course the paint brushes he takes are the brand new ones. The straws he has been known to take them out of what ever you are drinking so he can play. If I clean out from under the couch I would find about a half dozen straws. He will beat them up to the point that you can't tell if it's a straw or what. It's funny to watch him. He will throw it up in the air and carry on for hours on end with it.

PAPER!

Plastic Bags, anything really that goes *scrunchie*
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Boomer absolutely loves the little plastic "containers" (for the toy) inside Kinder Eggs . He proudly carries them around in his mouth like trophees and can play with them for hours.

My 3 girls prefer the cat ticklers and kitty light and show no interest in odd toys...unless plastic bags of all kinds count.

Favorite, odd toy

ABEY CAT Alice , that is so cute sitting in that bag! I love it when Sunny does that ! Thanks for showing that picture ..... sweet !

...and what can be more fun than an old rug?!

Briggs will ALWAYS steal a green bean when I'm getting them ready for cooking. She often "helps" me cook but seems to have a special affinity for green beans. She doesn't eat them -- just pinches one and prances off with it in her mouth. Toooo adorable.

She also loves ICE! When ever I open the freezer and rattle the ice, she comes running. The game here is ice hockey. I tell her to get into position and she hunkers down and waits for me to slide an ice cube over to her. She'll bat at it and even sometimes hit it back to me. Most times she bats it and then shakes her paw as if to say "OOOOh, that one was COLD!" Occasionally she makes a goal by hitting it under the fridge or into the next room. SCORE!!
    Last edited by iloverat; 11-04-2003 at 01:40 PM.

Ally likes to play with Cherries - which is great if she keeps them in the kitchen, but less endearing when she smudges cherry juice into my cream coloured carpet!

Her lastest toy............. you know those "bobbly" chains that attach the plug to the sink? I bought some new ones to replace some broken ones, and she got hold of one - I thing she likes it because she can bat it across the tiled floor really quickly!
    Last edited by Ally Cat's Mommy; 11-04-2003 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.