Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Calico or Tortoise shell

Tortie-Tude

This was my beloved Chinni. I am sure she has earned her wings some how, but boy did she have a tude. But she was and is my Angel. She was a kitten rejected by her mother and I took over the job and fell in love, she lived to be only 18 months, that was longer than expected but not long enough,(for me). I know she will be one of the first to greet me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aww, she was very pretty! She reminds me somewhat of Sara.
    I've been BOO'd!

Grover is very loving at times, which is most of the time. She lays down with me and licks me and purrs to me, then goes to sleep on me. She is my sweet little baby that seems to be there when I want to hold her, of course she has her times when she wants to play. LOL, like if something don't go her way, she will just sit at my desk and tear paper up with her teeth. She is hilarious to watch, she is so active. I think she takes her tortitude out on my chihuahuas, she loves to tackel them and make them yell. I guess she is about 8 months old now. I don't know her birthdate, never got to see what her mother and daddy even looked like. She was found in a trashcan at the school, so I just know she had just got her eyes open, and I have been her mommy ever since. I have loved every minute of it.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Grover

What a sad beginning, but she now has a wonderful life ahead of her, she was very lucky to get you. But I really feel that you are the lucky one. Yes, Chinni use to play hole punch when I was at the computer and the printer was printing papers, of if she saw one of my papers laying around, heck any paper was fair game. At night she would cuddle or sleep on top of me and growled if another cat came up to lay with me. Since she is gone I have had many sleepless nights because she is not there to protect and comfort me. But I do have other cats that try to fill the void and now are doing a pretty good job of it.

Here is Chinni the hole punch!

Stella

Hi Stella,
    Chinni was very cute, she was the hole punch huh, Grover is the shredder, she gets rid of evidence. lol.
    Please tell me what happened to your Chinni. You have to miss her terribly. I had a cat to pass away last year of old age. Grover seems to have took on her personality, the licking and laying on me and purring. I missed Pyewackett(the older cat) but I don't miss her as much now that I have Grover.

By the way Stella, Chinni and Grover would have worked well together in an office, your Chinni could punch the holes, and Grover could shredd the paper. Great Team, huh?

The Chinni

I breed Maine Coons and Chinni was the only kitten I have ever had that was rejected by her Mom, I guess she was not suppose to be. I should know Mom's know Best! But my heart would not let her fade away. So I put her with another Mom, Ele`, and bottle fed her. She would come running when I came to feed her, climbing up in my lap drinking the bottle and then falling asleep. I had to put wet kitten food in her mouth and finally she realized it was good to eat. Ele' taught her well, but I guess I was the mom.
    She had a tail that wagged like a dog, it was never up. So she had no balance. There were other medical things wrong with her but she was a fighter. Finally more and more became wrong and she became worse with her problems and with in 2 days her mouth and thoart and tongue became swollen and very infected. I could have sent her to a vet college to see if they could help her. But my friend, and mentor a breeder, ask me one question.
    That stopped me from thinking about myself. Is she happy?? The only answer was no, she hurt, she couldn't swallow, the only time I saw her eyes shine was when she was next to me. So I had her put to sleep. I really can't tell more than that because I still need her. I am selfish that way I want to hear her purr, for her to sleep on me and protect me and comfort me.
    I agree they would have made a pair!! And what a pair.
    Stella
    Kitten Chinni the Angel

Oh Stella, she was so beautiful, your story has brought tears to my eyes, I am so sorry that she had to leave you. I am very selfish too, I just want my little baby. That baby picture sure does look a lot like Grover did when she was so babyish. I know you have to miss her. It is so hard to lose a companion like that. How long did she get to stay with you?
    I got Grover in April, my daughter found her in a trash can at school, the boys in the mechanics shop had used her as a football, and actually had her sailing through the air like a football, one of the boys thought she was dead and threw her in the trash, I guess Grovers mom left her behind too, because the boys had found her in an old car parked at the shop. I too bottle fed her, and went through trying to get her to learn to eat, thought I was never going to teach her that, she thought she was supposed to suck the food out of the bowl. I worry still about everything she does. She lays next to me and breaths in my ear. I wish you still had your beautiful Chinni, she sounds like she would make a great thread on here. I would love hearing all about her, she makes me think of Grover so much. I wish you much happiness. I really do feel so sad for you and Chinni, sounds like she had a good mommy in you. I am the only mommy Grover has ever known, and sounds like Chinni knew you to be her only mom too. What a team they would have been together!!

Willie

Stella, sorry I didn't see where you said you only had her for 18 months, sorry I overlooked that. I keep going back and looking at that baby picture.

Willie

Calico torties

Thank you very much for your kink words. It has been over 2 months since Chinni past away. I still weep for her. Some people can't understand how some one can get attached to a cat, because they think they are loners, aloof, dumb animals. But the more I learn about them the more I know that they are smarter than most of those people. They know when to give, and love and cuddle ect. When most people don't. They know when to stay out of the way, most people don't. They know when you need a kind word or a purr. Most people won't take the time. Well you get the idea. I have always found something nice to say, even if I don't like the person. Like my Mom always said. If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything. So, I have no idea where this is going, I just lost my train of thought. One thing I have found out that most people who rescue don't like breeders. But I do feed the kitties who are left outside and have no shelter, fresh water, or food left for them. They live under my front porch it is safe, dry, out of the elements, and I put old towels, clothing, anything I can find for them to lay on under there. Which is more than their owners do for them. And if one day they don't show up when called the owners show no grief, nor shed one tear for the kitties. Me I morn every cat I have taken care of because some one has to. Well enough of that. It warmed my heart what I read and I do thank you.
    And I agree they would have been a great pair. I would have loved to watch them at work doing their thing. LOL

Stella

The picture is of Cathan who will be coming to the States to live with me in about a month or so. She is a blue patch no white.

Cathan, is that how you spelled that, is so cute, just look at those beautiful blue eyes, I love her, oh I would take her in a heartbeat. My husband don't like for me to have cats, but I believe I could keep one hid for a while like that. LOL.
    I know what you mean Chinni has only been gone for 2 months, and it is still fresh in your mind and heart, very fresh. I hate it when people just can't take it seriously when you lose a pet that was so dear to you. I had a friend that couldn't have children and her dogs became her children. When that dog died, she cried for such a long time, and I cried with her. Anyway my point is that some of her other friends said I don't know why she is crying over a dog, it was "just" a dog. I told her, don't you understand that was like losing her child, she loved it so much. She wanted another after awhile or anyway her husband wanted her to have another to try and help fill the void she had in her life, so he told me to go out and find her another German Shepard, and money was no object, so I found a very reputeable breeder and got her that dog, to this day he defends her and she feels safe, but she still misses the one she lost. That is love. Her husband passed away about 2 years ago, and now it is just her and her dog.
    Well here I have gone and strayed from the topic too. I think we would be a good pair too. LOL. But yes I feel your pain of losing your precious Chinni, I saved her picture to my desktop so I can just look at her, both pictures. I hope Cathan can help fill the void left in your heart, she looks like she is just sweet enough to start on it anyway.

I think we would make a great pair!! Thanks you made my day.
    I was and still am smiling over your post. Many many thanks.
    Stella

Tortoiseshell have three color, cream, red and black and calico have white, red and black. With a calico, they could have patches on their body or they could mix of red, white and black together. Here are pictures of my Tortoiseshell:

Your little tortie is so cute, I love the picture with the sweater on, and sitting in the basket. Grover Used to like to sit in the basket, but she outgrew her basket, just got to big for hers. What is your tortoise shell's name? Is it male or female? Here are a couple of pictures of mine, she doesn't have the long tail though.

I love your tortoiseshell kitty, very cute. Nice picture. Her name is Sabrina and of course she is a female. How old is your Tortie? Is she a devil and saucy like my Sabrina? Can I have your opinion, to me my tortie has abit of Siamese in her. For one she is very nervous, has big ears and very small for her age. She is alittle over 2years old. Can you tell me what you think? Thanks!!