Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gidget died Tuesday

Gidget died Tuesday

Tuesday morning was a day I will never forget. Dear, sweet Gidget died that morning (before we had a chance to get her to the vet) in my arms. I keep seeing her little face - so innocent. I only had Gidget for nine days: nine truly wonderful days that I will never forget. The Humane Society (where we got her from) said that two other kittens in her litter had died too. Sooo sad. They said that the cause was 'pan leukemia'. Anyone know anything about this?

Oh Gidget, I miss you. Since I only had Gidget for nine days, I didn't get very many pictures. If any of them are half decent, expect to see Gidget being COTD sometime in the future.

God, I'm starting to cry. I know that she is at the Rainbow Bridge now. Rose is looking after her. I can see them, sitting beside each other up there. Gidget....

I miss her so much. I had an emotional breakdown at school today, during grammar class. People thought I was crazy, crying like that. But thats okay, because I love Gidget.

And I miss her, and Rose and CiCi, so much.

Have fun at the Bridge you guys. I love you. Someday, we will be re-united. Someday... Thank you babies, for all the times you blessed my life. Whether is was 6 years, two and a half years or nine days.

im so sorry for your loss..

R.I.P Gidget..

((HUGS))

Amber

RIP Gidget.

So very sorry...

Rest In Peace, Dear Gidget.

/s/ Phred

Oh, I"m so, so sorry, WishKItten How your heart must be breaking. Your beautiful Gidget is gone, but how very blessed she was to have you for those 9 very special days. Romp and run and play happy and whole again, precious Gidget. I"m sure Rose and CiCi and all of our RB babies are making you welcome. {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure that she was welcomed with open arms by all the Rainbow Bridge babies.

{{{hugs}}} to you WishKitten.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I'm so sorry for your loss. Gidget knew you loved her during her short life. Have fun at the RB Gidget.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

There doesn't seem to be a connection between how long you have been owned by a cat and how much it hurts when you lose them

It is scary how quickly these creatures take hold of our hearts.

Rest In Peace sweet Gidget, enjoy your new life on the bridge.
    Last edited by PayItForward; 11-01-2003 at 05:02 AM.

RIP Gidget

She passed, knowing that she was loved, which I am sure meant alot to her and will carry that with her to RB where she will have lots of fur babbies to welcome her.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Well said, CatDad.

I'm so sorry for your loss, WishKittens. {{{Gidget}}} Frolic well at the Rainbow Bridge, sweetheart.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

WishKittens,

Panleukopenia is the medical term for Distemper. It's fatal to kittens, unfortunately AND it can stay airborn for a year if the room the kitten was in was not disinfected properly.

I have lost kittens to distemper in the past. It's awful. There is no cure once they get it. I had a kitten die in my arms and another that died on the way to the vet. You need to quarantine the room where Gidget was in off to any other kittens. Scrub down everything with Clorox (not the cheap stuff, but Clorox) Bleach. You can use 2 parts water, 1 part Clorox and put it in a spray bottle. Do not take in any other kittens for at least 6 months.

I am so sorry to hear about Gidget. My heart goes out to you and precious Gidget.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

WishKittens, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Gidget knew that she was loved and you'll meet again some day. Remember that she'll always live in your heart. RIP sweet baby Gidget.

I too am so sorry about your loss.

From Decker with Love

I am so sorry for your loss of baby Gidget. She was fortunate to know your love and she will live forever in your heart.
    Steffi and Lovable

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Rest in Peace sweet Gidget.