Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good news about max's operation (knee operation)

good news about max's operation (knee operation)

Max had his knee operation today, he is fine and i can pick him up tonight. Doing well, i guess being young (only one year old) will help him heal faster. now the work begins on keeping him quiet for the 6 weeks he has to recuperate. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. max's grammy

That's very good news!
    It will be hard to keep a young pup quiet, but you'll see how quickly he'll recover. Best wishes and a hug to Max.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Keep us update on his progress, OK?

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

I'm so happy to hear the surger was a success! I know how concerned you were about keeping him quiet post op. Hopefully the little guy will do his best to cooperate Positive thoughts coming your way Max for a complete and swift recovery!! Please keep us updated!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Glad the surgery went well. Now sit quietly for six weeks!! Good luck!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

he is at home recuperating with grammy and grammpy. the hardest thing is keeping him off the couch. i put lots of blankets on the floor and that is good. i also got a nice crate for him to stay in while i am at work. thank goodness it is friday and i have all weekend to stay with him, he is doing well, still groggy, can't understand why his leg is wrapped from his toes to his thigh, but adjusting well, better than i had hoped. he gets rewrapped on mon, hope for the best. thanks for all the good thoughts.

Poor baby! I hope he will do ok. Maybe he'll get used to the routine and the rest won't be so bad. Best of luck!!!

Glad to hear the surgery went well--I hope he adjusts to being wrapped, and you can keep him quiet during his healing time!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Hi and sorry for late response (compooter problems..) When Cody had ACL surgery (on both knees, 6 months apart) he stayed still and quiet for the first few days. We gated our family room and he accepted it, providing we didn't stay away too long. We even took him outside to sit on blankets (we held his leash) and he was very, very surprisingly well behaved. Do you have to cover the leg when you take him out? I used a long plastic bag (the kind newspapers come in) and put a rubber band on it. The bandaging is pretty thick so it does no harm. It's amazing how they tend to understand what's going on. I also sat and played with him on the floor..,rolled the ball instead of throwing it. Yeah, it's very hard to keep them down, but using the crate is super. Good luck! He'll be just fine!

I've been Boooo'd!

So glad to hear that his surgery went well.
    Sending many get well wishes for a quick recovery.

----<---<--<{(@

Thanks for all the kind words. I took max to the vet yesterday to be rewrapped, and she said it looked great. hopefully the staples come out on sat or mon. he is doing well, hard to keep him still, he doesn't seem to mind the crate too much, i took him home to his mom and dad last night, of course he was so happy to see them, and it was nice to get a break from the nursing duties!!! but i sure miss his little smiling face. luckily, he doesn't chew on the wrapping at all (yet) he still has 6 days of pain pills left, and about 6 days of antibiotics. thanks for the idea about the plastic bag, they didn't say anything about the wrapping except keep it dry. i wish i could insert a picture and let you see how cute he is, but haven't had time to figure it out!! love to all.
    Max's grammy.

How's Max doing????

I've been Boooo'd!

Max is doing fine, he is home with his mom and dad, I talked to Amanda (mom) last night, he tries to trick them so he can be off the leash in the back yard, he has done this twice, gone back outside without a leash and does his crazy loops around the back yard. He is starting to put some weight on the leg, so i guess the kneecap is in place. He gets rewrapped every week, and i always ask, they say it looks fine but without putting stress on it they really can't tell. so i guess we wait until it is healed to see if it is ok. before the surgery, he wouldn't put any weight on the leg at all, so with him using it now, seems like a good sign. he will be here on fri night, he gets rewrapped on sat and we are taking him for his holiday pictures on sat also. can't wait to see his little face. thanks for the kind thoughts about him. it has been 3 weeks since the surgery and we still have probably three more weeks to go. can't wait until this is over and we can take him to the beach and puppy park again. thanks for asking about him. max's grammy (karen)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a great update, Karen! And how cute is that little sweetheart!! That's a big wrap for such a little guy!! Sending you lots of prayers and well wishes for a successful and complete recovery; you're almost there Max! (I'll bet he's dying to get back to the beach and doggie park) Can't wait to see his holiday pictures too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, what a cutie Max is!!!! Glad to hear he is doing well!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)