Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pic of my possible grad dress..

Having been to a grad celebration in BC, I can say that the dress would be totally appropriate for grad Up here, we don't have "prom". We have "grad" which is the same thing as prom, and our actual graduation ceremony is called commencement. So, I think it's fine for your grad I would like to see the other one you are thinking of, though!

here is a link to the possible other dress I will wear...
    http://www.calitoprom.com/poufy/1986.html

I would get it in black though
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I like the second one, for prom.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I like the second choice

You would look really good in the red, with your coloring, WOW. But the black would be nice, too. The white dress - no disrespect - well, I don't care for the sheer skirt only because I don't like the way it's attached - it looks like an after thought. Maybe if you had a pic of the whole dress, it has have more continuity in the design. That's just my taste, tho - I'd like the sheer skirt if it was added a little higher, and kind of layered down, like three or four layers, short on top, then a little longer, etc.
    It's just my sense of design. The fit is very good on you, though. NOT too tight, the slight folding indicate it moves a little on you, which is good.
    Guess who used to design and make one-of-a-kinds?
    Been a while since I created, but the design sense is still intact.
    I'd go for the red - sorry - black.
    Hope you have a great time!!!!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

If it was my choice I'd go for the second one. Depends on your style of dress - you want something that suits your personality and also, MOST important, something that you are comfortable in.

On final thought - If you are spending loads of money, NEVER underestimate the power of the "LITTLE BLACK DRESS" - a classic shift-style black short sleeve or sleeveless dress. I was a bridesmaid about 10 years ago, and the bride made her bridesmaids wear a classic-cut "Jackie O" style black knee-length dress. The photos were stunning, and (until I put on weight 3 years ago) I ALWAYS had the perfect semi-formal/formal dress in my wardrobe!

I mention this because with the back dress, I got 7 years wear out of it wheras my Matric Farewell dress (like graduation) was SILVER and PURPLE and ruched all over (Hey guys, it WAS the '80s) - It cost me a fortune and I NEVER wore it again.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I don't like the second one. It's too poofy.

I think itīs very nice dress and it looks very cute on you, but I think itīs not for school graduation patry

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Yeahhhhh

Second one is good

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I like them both and think you look lovely in the first one. The second is beautiful as well and I'm sure you'd be amazing in it.
    But, possibly the fact that the first one is sort of an heirloom type dress will make it more *special* and appropriate for graduation?? I'm sure your God Mother would feel wonderful that you wanted to wear her dress.
    Only you know what type of dress is normal for your high school dance- all high schools are different. Choose what you like and what makes you feel special. You'll remember this day always.

I think I am going to go with the second one the red dress. I will get it is black though. maybe I'll even wear it again, which is unlikely. lol. I might just rent it for a night, but I cant spill anything on it ugh, And I want o party after the dance. hummm... still dibating lol

Ooohh...I like this !

I'm very anti-poof. If I was going to prom, I'd pick something that would set me apart and all the girls go poofy.

Ooohh...I like this !

I'm very anti-poof. If I was going to prom, I'd pick something that would set me apart and all the girls go poofy.
    Wow! That's a gorgeous dress.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I love the red one Jynelle! But in black it would be even better! You have a good fashion sense.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by Soledad
    Ooohh...I like this !

GULP!!! no offence but, umm.. no lol. I will not wear a sleek smoth dresss like that, it would be way to, well, not me. lol