Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The pitbull I caught this morning...warning disturbing

The pitbull I caught this morning...warning disturbing

Remember when I found that beautiful Husky, Tasha? I said that I thought that someone that fought pits owned her. Then I met the guy, he was all sweet and loving towards Tasha. So, I felt bad for being judgmental. I thought I must have been totally wrong.

Well, 4am I hear dogs barking like crazy. I go out front to see what is going on, and Tasha and her pitbull brother have some cats treed.

He's obviously been fought. He is very skittish, I am just asking to get attacked. It took me forever to get him in the house. I finally got him into the crate.

I already got Tasha to the husky rescue that I got Roxy from. The woman that runs it said she'll have no problem adopting her out. She's going to send her a few hours away to an affiliate rescue. I would SO keep Tasha, if I didn't live right by that guy.

Aly was right, I called three rescues and they all said by my description that the pit wasn't adoptable. I called my vet, talked to him for a while. He said the same thing...put him down. But he said a) he can't knowingly put a dog down that he knows isn't mine. b) he would have to turn me in if I came in saying the dog was mine and it appeared to be abused. The vet suggested I call the shelter and say I found it. He said with the dog's condition, it'd be put down right away. So, not knowing what to do, and feeling the pressure of time. (Didn't want this guy to discover his dog in my backyard, can't keep him around to long since he is animal aggressive.) I called the animal shelter...they came out. I wasn't home because I was taking Tasha to the rescue. Well, Mike talked to the officer. The officer said "aww, that's common of pitbulls...send him back to the owner, he'll have a better life then at the pound." He wouldn't take him!!!

So, I then called my brother and asked him to keep the dog for a few days until I figured out what to do. I put my truck in the garage, closed the door, and put the dog in the back in the crate. As I was driving to away, the dog's owner flagged me down. I stopped. He asked me where Tasha was. I told him that I'd caught them both and put them in the backyard, but when I came home, Tasha was gone. I told him Tasha must have slipped under the fence since she was so small. I asked him what was wrong with the dog and he said it was from ramming the fence. This dogs entire body especially the neck is covered in bite marks. The scabs are constantly falling off and bleeding again. He has scars all over. He slapped the dog really hard on the butt and started roughing him up. He was instantly yelling at the dog as I was walking away. The dog's name was Whetto. (For you that don't know, that's an offensive spanish slang term for white boy.)

I am so sick over it. But this guy is felon, it isn't like I can stand up to him. What confidence do I have in animal control when they physically saw the dog and didn't take him? I want to write the paper about it, but they won't take anonymous editorials. I cannot believe this.

Thank God I at least got Tasha out of that home. I know he has several pit bulls. Here are a few pictures. Sorry that they are disturbing. To be honest, my camera is blurry. They wounds are actually much worse then they appear, and like I said, they are everywhere.

Tasha sitting on Jaden:

Whetto:

If he has a lot of pits, I'd call the authorities and let them know that there's pit fighting going on. You can almost always remain anonymous.

Tonya,

Dog fighting is a crime in CA.
    Is their a SPCA for your area?
    Is their some way you can call with-out giving
    your idenity and report this guy so he can be investigated?
    What a sad situation.

Thank goodness you saved Tasha.
    Last edited by KYS; 10-30-2003 at 07:42 AM.

----<---<--<{(@

Such beautiful animals....nothing deserves that teatment. If I ever find who was abusive to my pup before i got her...how can people do that? The look in that pit bulls eyes breaks my heart.

Poor dog. That looks like bite marks to me. If the guy
    from animal control chose not to deal with it, I'd call them
    again & talk to someone else. Most AC depts. let individual
    officers make their own judgement calls most of the time.
    It's possible he's afraid of the dog or the owner himself. I'd
    call again & try to be there to talk to them when they come
    out. Maybe they'll send another officer this time. What a shame.
    I am glad you got Tasha out of there.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's possible he's afraid of the dog or the owner himself.
    I think he's afraid of the owner. I've found out that the neighbors have reported this guy a few times. I am reporting it again, and I WILL escalate it. If all else fails, I am sure his dogs will get lose again. Next time, I'll make sure they don't make it back.

Atta girl! Instead of animal control, call the SPCA or the Humane Society.

Dog fighting is a crime in CA.
    The officer said that all pits fight, it's their nature...that those scars and wounds don't necessarily mean that he's been fought. So, bring him back to the owner...the shelter is overcrowded.

I am so mad at myself for letting him go back to his owner. I shouldn't say, but let's put it this way. After wrestling Whetto into the crate, my clothing was covered in blood from all of his wounds opening up.

Originally posted by Tonya
    I am so mad at myself for letting him go back to his owner. I shouldn't say, but let's put it this way. After wrestling Whetto into the crate, my clothing was covered in blood from all of his wounds opening up.
    But Tonya, what else could you have done? Told the guy no? I don't think so.

Don't be mad at yourself. Another opportunity will present itself. Just BE CAREFUL! This guy sounds like a real piece of crap.

tonya, animal control reports to some one. who supervises a.c. in calif? county commissioners? i'd call the supervising department and report the inaction to a supervisor. take notes of the conversation, then i'd take this past them to the county district attorney, take notes of that conversation. let them know that this type of criminal activity is being ignored, and that the citizens, who elect the district attorney and county commisioners, are watching. hope this helps
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Sorry, I don't have any extra advice, but I am glad that you got Tasha out of that situation and she'll be able to find a good home.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Tonya,

Go to the television stations. They LOVE this kinda stuff where the city's officials aren't doing their jobs. Once you get the media involved see how quickly action is taken.

BELIEVE me, it'll work. I worked for a newspaper so I know how that system works! Call the newspapers and the media. You'll get action FAST!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry that AC wouldn't do anything.

You tried, and that's the best you could do.
    Like Donna said, get the story out there if you can--media loves stuff like this!!

Good luck!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Tonya,

AC lied. It is NOT a pitbull's nature to fight. It is how they are raised. That's why pitbulls have gotten such bad raps over the years.

I know a couple of people who have them and they are very loving, affectionate dogs because of the way they were raised.

So sorry, I don't buy that for one minute!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!