Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appalled!

Appalled!

Yesterday, after being rung up by the vet to say that Bastet's shots were overdue and got the lecture on how important it is to get it done every year (yes I know I forgot naughty me). I made an appointment for 4pm that afternoon (Wednesday) since I finish work early.

I raced home, bundled Bastet into her carrier - where she promptly hissed and spat at me and did - what I term - the crocodile roll - to see if she could kick off the top of the carrier - she has broken 3 carriers that way. This one is from one of the airlines so she has no hope.

She yowled all the way to the vet in protest of her status. We got to the vet's 10 minutes late because she made it extremely difficult for me to get her out of the taxi and into the office - she tips the carrier over in the car by ramming herself againt one side.

We finally get into the vet's and we go straight in. When I let her out of the carrier, she swipes at the vet nurse who gets scratches all down her arm, then she does a flying attack leap at the vet who gets a nail embedded in his leg - so here i am concerned that Bastet is bleeding from her paw and the vet who is bleeding from Bastet's embedded nail.

By this stage I feel so bad. Because she also took a swipe at me so i have this nasty claw mark down my arm. The vet just smiled and said to me *Its the weather - don't worry I have seen worse* there was a big dust storm here yesterday. So they burrito roll her and give her the shots - check her out thouroughly - tell me what a good mum I am and bundle her back in the carrier where Bastet promptly falls asleep from all the exertion.

We get home and I let her out and she goes and hides. I feel so ashamed that she acted so naughty. Thanks for letting me vent.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    What a good cat meowmie you are!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

i think its safe to say that your baby doesn't like going to see the 'friendly neighborhood vet'.
    There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti

LOL...sorry, but what a scene you just described!!! Even my worst cat has never made such a scene. LOL. It is embarrassing though, isn't it. But as long as she is healthy that is what matters.
    (I was afraid by the title, that you were appalled by something the vet or tech's did)

........ more like EMBARRASSED!!!!!!

Naughty kitty .......... after all your mummy has done for you ....!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Welcome to the club of Purrents of Poor Patients! Edwina is my bad one, but I do think Bastet may have outdone her!

As they say....been there, done that!

Aww poor Bastet, If only you knew sweetie that it is for your own good that you have to visit the white coats once a year.
    Don't hate your mommy for doing this. It's only cause she loves you soooooooo much. Hope you have forgiven her and you are all over your nasty experience at the vets.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

WOW - I've never experienced anything quite like that!

These are not the droids you were looking for

I consider myself lucky too because Max and Specks are fine at the vets. They don't like it, mind you, but I think they figure if they hide their heads in Mommy's arm, it will all go away. Sorry to hear about the injuries.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh poor you, some kitties just donot like going to the white coats do they? funny thing my Old Ash is very bad -tempered, but you could not see a sweeter cat at the vets, he is putty in their hands, never ceases to amaze me.

Hope all the wounds are healing nicely, better luck next time.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

WOW! We have a tiny spitfire named Stubby that has created havoc in the vets office. I was very fortunate to have had to work that day so my husband had to endure the ordeal! He got her out of the carrier and she proceeded to twist and roll into a tiny ball of fur, teeth, and claws! After she ripped his shirt and shredded his arms she got away from him. She bolted all through the vets office! It took FIVE techs to catch and control our 6 lb maniac!! I can laugh because I just got to hear the story! It wouldn't have been so funny had I been there!!
    You have to admire her spunk and I think I would send flowers to the vet!!
    Just kidding, but it does sound like he is really patient and kind. Hopefully you won't have to go back for another year!!!

Felicia doesn't like going to the vet. Beau is my good one (maybe because he has been handled by more people).
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Those Darn Cats

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at Bastet's behavior.
    It reminds me so much of Kuhio's. The first vet we took her to told us to NOT COME BACK!
    So we took her to another vet where she behaved even worse -- but they were more understanding.
    Kitties - you've got to love them!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

What a nice vet! Send 'em a box of band-aids and some flowers! Oh, Bastet, Miss Hoppy agrees about vets, don't you worry! At least this last time, they didn't say Miss Hoppy bit anyone ...

People never would suspect what wild animals our sweet pets become when faced with that most awful of monsters ... the vet!

Abby is my bad one. She has never atttacked anyone, but getting her into the carrier and the drive to the vets takes such a toll on me. She is loud, and lets everyone around her know how unhappy she is. I dread having to take her in so much, but after hearing your story, I guess it could be worse!