Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's a fungus among us........

Oh, Lilly, I'm glad this isn't that serious and you're going to be just fine. I'll join Sue is sending some hair. I have a long haired cat the same color as your golden who always has hair laying around.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Tucker is offering up some white with tan. Maybe Mom can dye it for you!

The mental picture of Lilly with a donated butt rug is pretty funny.

Lilly says "thanks" to everyone for the offer of a "butt wig"....but her Mom can tell you there is plenty of hair right here if we need it! Between what she has lost, plus Honey's shedding, and two cats...she could look like Joseph in his coat of many colors!! Can you tell I am teaching the six grade Sunday School class tomorrow??? I've been reading about Joseph tonight!!!

Oh poor Lilly girl! I hope she gets well soon! Big kisses for her!

So, this mushroom goes into a bar, and all the beautiful women crowd around him. They buy him drinks and laugh at his jokes and whisper in his ear. The men at the bar can't figure out why this mushroom is getting all the attention. So one fella says to the bartender "What is the deal with him?" The bartender replys, "Oh, you mean Gus? He always gets the girls because he's a real fungi!"

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

I hope Lilly is her sleek self very soon!

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

My friend Paula has a golden retriever, Molly, who had some trouble like this about a year ago. It was so bad, her tail was bald, her butt was bald. She itched so bad and was so miserable Paula considered putting her to sleep.And Paula is just as crazy about Molly as the rest of us are about our doggies! So this was a major thing. She was just miserable. And so was her mom. She took her to several vets. On several meds. They finally realized she was having an allergic reaction to Kibbles and Bits!!!!
    So she took her off that and put her on I think Purina Pro Plan or something. She is doing wonderful.
    Everything grew back.
    I refuse to use Kibbles and Bits at all.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Good news and then even better news!!!
    Lilly went back for a recheck on the nasty fungus today. He thought she looked much better, but said let's do another course of medication, just to be sure. Lilly said "yes" because that means she can get two extra treats a day when she takes the pill!

And the Best news is that Lilly weighed in at 87 pounds today!!! YIPPEE!!! The diet is working, finally, after all this time. She has lost 9 pounds and looks wonderful!!! Thank you, Iams Weight Control!!! Just 7 pounds to go!!

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

Gosh, Lilly ~ Winterz comin! This izint the season to be wiffout yer fur coat! Have ya asked yer Mom ta nit up a pair of britchez to ware? Mebbee Sandie Klawz will bring ya a pair .

Oh; will you ask yer Mom to paleeeeze stop talkin bout that *D-I-E-T* stuff? Dad is starting to furgetz that we're supposed to be on wun, too. He sumtimez akchully fills up our krunchie kupz afore he pours it inna gobbel-up bowelz. That lil bit extra sure helpz give us that full tummie feelin .

Sure hope ya start feelin better, Lilly. And try ta find sum pantz so ya duzint freeze yer lil tusshie .
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Great news, Lilly!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Congrats on both counts Lilly! You are doing just great! I wish IAMS made a weight control product for humans! Either that or your mom could come up here and dish out my portions at meal times!

Pam,
    The problem with Lilly's mom is that she doesn't practice what she preaches!!

Hurray, Lilly! That is great news! Logan you must be so happy

Good for you Lilly! What a gorgeous girl you are going to be when your coat grows back and your weight goes down a little bit more. A top fashion model.
    But, you are a beautiful, sweet Golden no matter what. Many kisses and rubs behind the years, I bet you like that

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Man, I'm way behind on my posts and reading, but am up and running on a faster computer and will make up for lost time. I'm so glad Lilly is doing well and losing weight (sigh), I wish I could do so so easily, but then I don't have anyone but me dishing out the food, either!

That "fungi" joke was just precious! I'll have to remember to tell it at work.

So, is the coat growing back fast enough so she isn't going to freeze her a** this winter? I hope so, but you could always get her a long mink coat to wear (yeah, right, right after Mom gets one) LOL. Tell your vet we all appreciate his prompt diagnosis and treatment. Yea for Lily.
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

Just checking in to see how Lilly is
    doing. Is that Beautiful furry coat growing
    back O K ? Congrats to Lilly for being so
    good & "slimmin down". Bet you will have to
    post another picture of the Glamor Girl when
    she's all better. We might not recoginize her.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt