Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firesky San Diego ,ca.

How SCARY!! As I posted in Julie's thread, I would be scared to death. Please stay safe!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I've had all of you in my thoughts today & glad it hasn't affected any of your homes. I can't imagine what it would be like for the sun to be covered by the smoke

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

PCB, I heard on the news that beautiful palm trees were actually responsible for some of the fires spreading. When they ignite, there are huge sparks that blow off of them and ignite a home or other property.

The evening news said that cooler weather is on its way and even RAIN by the weekend.........this is only Monday.

Can you imagine being so sick of mind that you would intentionally set a fire so you could go home and watch it on television?

Some of them were started out of stupidity - the guy in the forest hunting - got lost and started a fire so his buddy could see it.

Of course, you know that I hope all of our pet talk friends are safe as well as their pets and homes.

*But I like beautiful palm trees*

San Diego is FULL of them.

You mean.......PEOPLE started these fires? Gosh people can be so evil!

I know Noahs mommy is in Southern CA, but have no idea what city she's in. Does anyone know how she's doing?

This is so terrible. I can't even imagine the destruction and the sadness and the terrible smell. The smoke must get into your lungs! I hope none of you have asthma. Are you able to keep the insides of your homes relatively smoke-free?

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

My heart goes out to all as we suffered this summer with our fires in the park and all around us 7 mile diamter. Please cover your faces and be careful about breathing in the ash and smoke. we had toxic air lots of people have respatory poblems. Your in our prayers.

Noah's Mommy lives south and west of where one of the fires is raging.

Her area is probably alright, but I bet she is getting a lot of ash and smoke. And I would think the shelter she works at is overloaded.

RAMANTH

Thanks fo0r your wonderful post. Good to iknow your relitives are safe. THose photos are awesome. THhanks for sharing.
    Sandy Frost

San Diego

I live in Point Loma and I'm safe.
    Kohala is close to where I live and she is alright. I don't know about jackies' dasiy35. I hope she is alright.
    Sandy Frost

jackiesdaisy35

jackisdaisy35 is alright. In just got an e-mail from her. She is near the southern fire but she is safe. PHEW!
    Sandy Frost

This is so dreadful

My heart goes out to all those people affected.

Hope all our Pet Talk family are safe and sound.

PCB - last I heard from NoahsMommy she was OK.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Thanks for the update Sandy! Good to know our PT'ers are safe.

And I hope everyone continues to stay safe and that they don't have to evacuate their homes.

The devestation is so horrible...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It seems the whole of San Diego has been burning. Just a tragic thing to happen. Over 260,000 acres have burned, over I believe 300 homes and possibly 11 to 13 people have died. Many of them in their car trying to outrun the fire. Two elderly people jumped in their swimming pool to save their lives. They are finding charred pets in the burned out homes, and they are trying to find any animal that is loose and scared. There are many, many evacuation areas for people to go to.
    We live about two or three miles from the bay and lots of green around us, the closest fire to us is the Otay Lakes fire which is about 15 miles from us, but no worry here.
    Our daughter Lorie is in New York with her husband visiting his parents and her neighbor called us to say they were being evacuated, so our family went to her house met Jeff's swat team friend and they broke into the house and saved as many valuables and brought all of their vehicles to our house. They finally let everyone back into San Carlos and they are due home today so it turned out o.k.
    Our older daughter has her stepdaughter, grandaughter and husband as they were also evacuated from Kearney mesa.
    The ash is horrible, you can see it falling like snow.

The problem is that our resources were stretched so thin, most of our San Diego area fire people were up in L.A. fighting the fire there when this fire broke out and the fire people up there would not release them to come down to fight this fire in their own territory and of course we had no helocopters, no water bombers and not many firemen, they were all up in L.A. The fire then just
    spread wildly from the East almost to the ocean.
    Many firemen and police lost their homes too

Our dogs are fine, we kept them inside and only brought them out to do their duty, things are looking much better now, we can actually see the sun, yesterday the day was like night.
    Jackie, Perry and Daisy

I talked to Kelly, Noah's Mommy last night and they are fine as well as her Mom and Grandmother who were closer to the fires.

I turned on the television this morning and immediately saw pictures of huge flames. What is so sad is that I had to wait a minute to learn WHICH fire they were talking about - there are so many going on at once.

Sandy, thanks for letting us know that you and Jackie are fine, I thought about you both and hoped that you were safe.

Hi, everyone. It's Tuesday morning and the fires are definately not over yet--there are at least two main ones still burning in east San Deigo county. The amount of smoke in the air is incredible; at my house you can barely see down the block from the smoke and there is a thin layer of ash covering everything. The smoke smell does come in the house, but it's not as bad as outside. They are telling people to stay indoors for health reasons.

I was out of town when this started, and heard on the news about the fires. It was hard to get information about which specifc areas were threatened, so it was very scary. Oreo was staying at a kennel, which is near the coast so she was safe. Kona was at my home, with planned visits from my family. I got a call from my sister that she had to evacuate Kona from my house late Sunday night. Our neighborhood was told to evacuate, but we have returned and there wasn't any damage. I drove home Monday morning as fast as I could, but you could imagine how long those 5 hours seemed!

I stayed home from work today in case K & O need to leave again. This is really stressful!

ramanth--I grew up in Jamul and my parents still live there. I know that last night some parts of Jamul were evacuated so the fire crews could start backfires to gain more control. Those area have since been re-opened and seem safe for now. My thoughts are with your aunt. PM me if you want to know about specific areas.
    Oreo and Molly