Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firesky San Diego ,ca.

Originally posted by gini
    Would it help Richard, if we were to find out what channel, what time it was on, what station, and then write them to say what incredible poor taste it was for them to do that?

I have a friend who has owned a cabin forever. Now there is no cabin and she isn't laughing.

WORKING ON IT!

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT -CBS
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

My family lost their cabin. We were to go there for Christmas, but now it's gone.

Well if anyone didn't notice, we just lost OUR cabin! That guy can go kiss my A$$. I am sure he has enough money to buy another one, my family doesn't. I posted on another forum and didn't get even ONE fricking reply! No one said sorry or anything. I don't understand people.

My family just bought this cabin and now it is gone! I didn't even get to see it. Do you know what an accomplisment it was to get this, to even have had my family buy a house????????? a BIG one! There is NO way we can replaces this cabin, none. We don't have all the money in the world to just go buy another. This Christmas I would have seen it for the first time, and spent time there with my family, now there is nothing. You don't understand how sad this makes me.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I saw your post, Cass, and I am so sorry for the loss. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I simply don't know what to say. Much of California has lost so much.

letter to KCBS, where I saw the ET program.

I happened on the ET program on October 30 and saw that one
    of the co-hosts, Bob Goen was choppering over the sight of his vacation home that was ravaged by the recent SoCal fires.

He was looking to see if his vacation home was still standing.

After the clip of Goen in the chopper, Mary Hart teased the end of the 'report' for tonight, 10/31.

I am amazed that they would trivialize and tease a 'report' like that when there are people who will not be able to enter the area until early next week.

Of course, such a loss of a home is very sad and has an impact on the owner, I thought the
    whole idea of flying a reporter from an entertainment program over the site to check on his home is tasteless and shows the depths
    that some producers will stoop to to get 'a story'.

Journalistic integrity always
    implies that a reporter not become part of the story..
    Mr. Goen is no reporter nor is he a journalist.

Entertainment shows are just that, entertainment- they should keep entertaining and
    leave the news to the news departments.

I do feel badly for Mr. Goen and the possiblity that he may have lost his property, but to turn it into a piece on the program is absurd and
    so lacking taste I felt the need to communicate that to your station.

Thank You
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Well if anyone didn't notice, we just lost OUR cabin!
    luckies4me, I do understand your pain, and I assure you that I realize that every loss from these fires is significant and painful. I tried to express that:

Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Perhaps I could have expressed myself better. I hope that you and your family will have access to the FEMA assistance that is offered to help the victims of these fires recover. Of course, that doesn't help with the sentimental loss; that no one can replace. My thoughts are with you.
    Oreo and Molly

Originally posted by Logan
    I saw your post, Cass, and I am so sorry for the loss. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I simply don't know what to say. Much of California has lost so much.

I know there are so many who have lost their homes that can never be replaced and it saddens me so much! Their pictures, their possession that have been passed on for generations, their cars, everything. I can't imagine what would happen if we lost everything like others have. Just this was a big blow, letting me know that anything can happen at anytime.

The reason I am so sad is because this was a cabin that was purchased with Denny's brother, Denny (my stepdad) and their father before he passed away. It's new and took a lot of money saving to get. It was a family cabin, not directly owned by us, but the familys and had a lot of sentimental value to my stepdad and his brother since their father passed away a couple years ago. I was so looking forward to enjoying my visit there at Christmas, to feel the love that surrounding that house, the memories everyone held of that place and Denny's father. I wanted to be a part of that excitement on Christmas day and now it's gone. Maybe I am just being selfish, but it does make me feel awkward that ever since I moved here I am missing everything that goes on in my family, and am left out of pretty much everything. I wish I could move back. I doubt the cabin can be replaced now, but it might, we will see.

If I have a million dollars I would help rebuild homes for people, I swear I would. I would be down there in an instant trying to help those people. My deepest sympathies are with those who have lost so much. To watch your home burn to the ground must be terrible. To lose everything, including your pets, my .........it's just so terribly sad.

I feel for the guy who lost his house, I read what Richard posted wrong. I hope the fires end soon.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
    luckies4me, I do understand your pain, and I assure you that I realize that every loss from these fires is significant and painful. I tried to express that:

Perhaps I could have expressed myself better. I hope that you and your family will have access to the FEMA assistance that is offered to help the victims of these fires recover. Of course, that doesn't help with the sentimental loss; that no one can replace. My thoughts are with you.
    I didn't mean Pet Talkers. I should have been more clear. I meant another forum that I belong to. Sorry about that.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Luckies4me

Sorry about the loss of your Cabin.
    Sandy Frost

Well I am talking to my stepdad on IM and he said they have insurance on the house that I guess will pay for the damage? I guess only one side was burnt, and the other side totally unscathed, so they might be able to rebuild afterall! Of course, it will be smaller as it would be missing a whole side, but at least there is still a part of it standing!!!!

I feel a lot better now.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

You don't understand how sad this makes me.
    we can only guess at how you feel.

Mulitply your sadness by the 2,600 hundred families who lost homes...forget the '2nd' home stats and think of the people who lost their primary residences.

The loss of a vacation home sucks big time!

I do feel badly for your family's loss.

For some an Xmas cottage/cabin is a nice place to be during the holidays- I think that most of us are focused on the people who do not have an alternate home or place to stay..

That is why I posted the ET thing I saw on CBS..

People are wondering where they will go when the shelters close while Bob Goen choppers around a disaster area, all while being filmed for a entertainment show.....under the pretense of making it a sob piece and 'how the fire disaster has affected one of our own on this program'

Effing Horse Puckey.

Too bad it didn't happen during the ratings period

I'm sure he'll sleep well in his Brentwood/hollywood Hills/Beverly Hills home tonight.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Cass, I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your family. I haven't posted much here because I don't know what to say to help the situation or that would bring some comfort to you. Having seen the devastation that happened this summer up here, I can only pray for the families and rescue workers and hope that there are no more deaths from this tragedy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by RICHARD

Mulitply your sadness by the 2,600 hundred families who lost homes...forget the '2nd' home stats and think of the people who lost their primary residences.
    I know, I already mentioned that. To us, it's not too big of a deal compared to all the others who will have NOWHERE to go. That is what truly saddens me.

I never said my loss was more important than anyone else's, it is obviuosly nothing compared to some.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 10-31-2003 at 02:31 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I know, I already mentioned that. To us, it's not too big of a deal compared to all the others who will have NOWHERE to go. That is what truly saddens me.

I never said my loss was more important than anyone else's, it is obviuosly nothing compared to some. I'm not going to post here anymore.........
    I'm sorry that you are hurt by my statement.

I was merely making a statement as to how stupid it was to have an ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER reporting about the loss of his second home when people are out of their ONLY homes.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

!

THANK YOU GOD...

IT'S RAINING IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Re: !

Originally posted by RICHARD
    THANK YOU GOD...

IT'S RAINING IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!
    I got rained on yesterday when I walked out at lunchtime - Is it raining where you are now, Richard? No rain here - yet!
    Something about living here - we LOVE rain!!!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *