Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firesky San Diego ,ca.

Firesky San Diego ,ca.

Here is a photo I took outside my house
    of the sun of 3 fires 20 miles from my house. Spooky and awesome looking.
    Sandy Frost

WOW! Amazing. Please be safe. The stories are pretty horrific. I feel badly for my high school friend who lives in San Diego because he was badly burned fighting a fire in South Dakota when he was a smoke jumper. This has got to bring back some pretty bad memories. He lives out there because he only has 2/3 of his lung capacity left. Pretty scary stuff.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I've been following this on the news. First we get it up here then CA gets plagued. I did hear that some of the CA fires were sparked by arson. True or not??

All you people from the firezone have to be diligent in checking in all the time here so we know you are OK. Please??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Dear California friends........please, please, please stay safe. I am so worried about all of you.

Stay safe all of you Southern Californians!

REPLY TO ALL

One of the fires was started by a lost hunter as a siginal fire and he is in jail now. Everyone I know is alright but One of the ladies at work had to leave because her house was in danger. I work at a chain drugstore and all day yesterday I was selling merchandise to customers who had to leave their homes and they all made in out fine. But I'm still sad as one lady customer told me she saw the fire in her backyard and she grabbed her cat and left. Her house must be burned down now. One man was complaining how he lost his truck. I told him thank goodness you're alive. As me I live in Pont Loma near lots of water. I'm fine and so our my 3 cats.
    Sandy

I'm glad you're safe Sandy! My Aunt lives in Jamul (southeast of San Diego) and my sister is in Corona. Linn, my sister, wrote me and sent me these pics.

We're kinda near the wildfires but we aren't close enough for worry. They started about 25 miles north west of here are have been moving south. For the past couple days there has been a huge smoke cloud in the sky and everything smells like smoke. There are bits of ash everywhere - my car is filthy! Today it's starting to clear up and it just looks hazy. I heard that the fires have moved into San Diego county but as far as I know they aren't near Aunt Jan. Nick and I were in San Diego on Saturday and everything looked fine there (we stopped by Aunt Jans but she wasn't home, so I left a note and we visited with the horses).

Nick took some pictures of outside with my digital camera - i've attached them so you can see the lovely smoke filled view we've had (these were taken from the balcony).

~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Amazing photos but so scary!! Sandy, Jackie, all of you S. Californians, be safe please! I hope and pray nothing happens to your homes, but your personal safety is most important! We're all thinking of you.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

*sigh* Those palm trees! I love San Diego. He he he Not going to DARE go there right now though! Very interesting pics......yet scary at the same time.

http://www.dailynews.com/

You can see pictures of all the affected areas
    by looking to the right side of the page under
    the "galleries" section.

In the LA basin you can smell smoke from the San Bernardino fires, about 30 miles away.

The Simi Fire is about 10 miles away from my house, I could see the flames from my front yard.

We were discussing the victims of the fires and we came to the conclusion that-

You watched you home burn to the ground
    or you were able to save your house by fighting
    the fire.

You are out of town and do not know if your house
    was saved or burned.

You are asked to evacuate and do not know if your
    home was safe or burned.

------------------

The saddest story is one of a 93 year old man who collapsed and died while watching his home burn.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    The saddest story is one of a 93 year old man who collapsed and died while watching his home burn.
    I can't even imagine how devasting it much be to watch your only home and all it's possessions burn to the ground. No wonder he collapsed.

Does anyone know if there are animal rescue groups out there rescuing pets?? This summer the SPCA along with an organization called Noah's Wish worked together in the Interior BC rescuing people's pets along with horses, cattle, etc. My friend is part of Noah's Wish and she came back with some horrible and happy stories.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Those pictures are over whelming, they almost have a spooky feel to them. Please stay safe everyone out there, my thoughts are with you and yours.

Very sad, very sad indeed.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

Please stay safe everyone.

Those pictures are scary, and I feel so terrible for those who are losing their homes--I saw a couple on the Today show this morning, whose home had burnt down--they were having a hard time even speaking about it--Thank God, they and their children were ok.

I hope someone is looking out for any pets in the area, and that everyone will stay safe.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Radio station have been announcing where you can take or look for animals in the fire areas.

Some shelters are putting up areas where the animal can be kept close to the owners.

The area near the Simi fire is dotted with horse
    stables-people have been volunteering trailers and vehicles to help move the horse in the affected areas.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I feel so bad for the pets. A couple on tv were shown by their burnt house and their dead kitty was outside burnt. I would have taken the cat with me. I just burst into tears.

I head the story of the old man too, so very very sad it made me cry. Poor man.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.