Thread: flaky dry skin

flaky dry skin

My dog, Jessie, is having problems with her skin down near her bum. She keeps chewing on herself and the skin is very dry, flaky and is now getting scabs. She never had this before. I put neosporin on and gave her an oatmeal bath, which seemed to calm it down, but not for very long. Any suggestions on what this is or what I can do? THanks, Sherry

My dog growing up did the same thing. It turned out that she had allergies. Talk to your vet to see if it could be allergies. Also, what kind of food are you feeding her? Did you just change the food? She could also have fleas. They like to nest near the bum and head. Just above the stub was where my Kilo was always effected by fleas. And Dakota chewed himself raw in the same area when Patience (stray) brought the nasty freeloaders home with her.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I don't know anything about that sorda illlness but I do suggest that you go to the vet! you probably know to do that but I hav nothing else 4 ya!!!! I feel awful for you rpoor dog and please e-mail me at [email protected] and tell me how it turns out!!

~Chantelle~
    Chantelle L.