Thread: Something I heard in the Pet Store......

Something I heard in the Pet Store......

Last week I went to the Petshop. Two guys in their late teens or early twenties came in with a cute male Pitbull puppy. I asked them if I could hold it and the first thing that came out of their mouth was that he's mean. He was at the most maybe 6 weeks old. Already I could sense tension in this dog.

Later I am standing at the cash register in line waiting to be rang up. There are dogs coming out of gromming in the back, a cocker spaniel and a poodle. I hear the guy go, "Look at all these wimpy f-king dogs, Chance would kill any of these in a second". I was like OMFG, I cannot believe he said that. What a stupid A$$.

Then while driving away I see the guys outside on the side of the petstore hitting the puppy with things to try to make it mean. WTF!!!! This dog is doomed, poor thing. He's already got issues, and now he will lead the life of a fighting dog, terribly terribly sad.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That is horrible!!!!!
    If I were you, I would have called Animal Control, or done something about it! That is TERRIBLE! Poor puppy....

IDIOTS!! I would have called animal control, and the police and have their a$$ arrested! Oh that poor puppy....

:
    THAT IS TERRIBLE!

I would have immediately called Animal Control and given them a full description of the boys and the dog.

They are abusing the dog - and that is just for starters........

It isn't too late to do that. You will be doing the dog a huge service. Does the Pet Shop know who these boys are?

Originally posted by gini
    I would have immediately called Animal Control and given them a full description of the boys and the dog.

They are abusing the dog - and that is just for starters........

It isn't too late to do that. You will be doing the dog a huge service. Does the Pet Shop know who these boys are?

We were driving away already and I didn't have a cell phone and plus the cops or Animal Control wouldn't have done anything, they could care less about that sort of thing here. If they had a car I would have wrote down the license plate, but it's my word against theirs. If I told the AC they were hitting the dog with a big stuffed cow they would just laugh at me.

Unfortunately here, things like this are not a priority.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Thing aren't like that here either. They would probably care less. We have one Pet Store in our town, but there aren't any dogs. Just fish and birds and pet supplies.

I feel so bad for that puppy! My prayers are with the poor thing. I hope they end up hating it and giving it to someone who actually cares about the dog intead of it being a show toy to show all of their friends and tell them that it is mean.

Whoa, the animal control wouldnt do anything? Our's would! Animal abuse is animal abuse, if somone is mis treating any type of dog or animal our animal cops would take care of it. Not ignore it.

That makes me sick! Working for the phone company, I run into that crap often. I got reprimanded once for stealing a pit from a house with similar circumstances...Young punk kids wanting to toughen their dog up.

Originally posted by Amber
    Whoa, the animal control wouldnt do anything? Our's would! Animal abuse is animal abuse, if somone is mis treating any type of dog or animal our animal cops would take care of it. Not ignore it.

Our Animal Shelter doesn't do anything about Animal Abuse, the police do. All calls are to be directed towards them. Really, there is no way I could have proved anything.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

That poor puppy doesn't have a chance,
    He's being groomed for fighting.
    To bad in your area, the boys could not have been
    reported.
    So sad!

----<---<--<{(@

Tonya sorry you got repmanded should have gotten an award. what was the out come of your rescue?
    i would have called the AC and said this call is to prevent a possible child death in the future. Sounds like a possiblity to me the way they are going .