Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While Tubby Yowls Away, Peanut will Play

Get that mouse, Peanut!! D Don't let it away with anything!

My cats are very disdainful of these sort of toys. Maybe when they're Peanut's age they will be more playful!

Originally posted by stacwase
    Everybody's too busy fighting.
    That's what I was thinking and why I was so sad about only getting 2 replies, but maybe it was just bad timing in the posting of it and everybody missed it.

Thanks everybody!

Sirrahsim - yes that is like scratching post stuff in the middle, but she could care less about that part of it, she just likes the mousie part.

Slick - Her tummy is the same as the last update awhile back - not bare, but not fully covered like it should be either. Although her legs are fully grown back, so I'm not too worried. I guess she'll always be somewhat of an obsessive licker.

This toy had been sitting in the middle of the floor in the loft (where we watch TV) for about a week or two. Usually when we're watching TV, Peanut is downstairs being anti-social, but this one night she decided to come up and be sociable. But she got distracted by the toy. Seeing as how they are both such oldsters, I didn't have much hope of either of them playing with it, so I was caught off guard when she started batting at the mousie - although I shouldn't say I was surprised, because she does like her mousies. She will play with it for about 5 minutes or so, and then just sit and watch it for awhile. But I think a kitten or even a younger cat would have a blast with it!

Tubby will come over, lay down, look interested.....and watch her bat at it. And when I push the mousie and try and get him to play, he goes for my hand and not the mouse. Sometimes he's too smart for his own good - thank goodness Peanut's not.

Thanks again everybody.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I love Peanut's colouring! How does that toy work exactly? Does it take batteries? I am a bit wary of buying toys for Ally - she gets fed up with them within the first 5 minutes, and then never touches them again

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I *** LOVE *** Peanut!! Give her a big hug for me ok?

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    I love Peanut's colouring! How does that toy work exactly? Does it take batteries? I am a bit wary of buying toys for Ally - she gets fed up with them within the first 5 minutes, and then never touches them again
    It just has a spindle in the centre which you don't see which has a metal arm attached. At the other end of the arm is loose and has a toy mousie attached.

When the cat taps the mouse it swing around the spindle and there are only three windows in the ring where the cat can try and catch it.

We bought it for Tubby & Peanut, as my herd love it esp Georgie.

No batteries just fun...our house has two of those toys

PS. We find collecting all the toys up (mean meowie) and storing for a few days, really increases interest when they are placed out again.

I have two versions of this - one with a ball you can poke around...I think it entertained her majesty for about 15 minutes...the other, similar to this, has a mousie in it that is attached the same...but you can also "motorize" it - it has a battery and a switch ....Ritz will watch it endlessly...but since she can't actually GET the mouse out to eat the tail....it is now living among the other "snubbed" toys.

Every now and then, we come downstairs and see these "snubbed" toys have been moved around....so it seems she will only play with some toys if we aren't watching.

One is a furry "rattie" that looks like a small raccoon tail....she only plays with this an night and carries it all the way up the stairs. This is usually around midnight and is accompanied with loud HOWLING...which essentially means 'HEY COME PRAISE ME FOR WHAT I JUST DID!" (well of course I do)

Peanut, you are so pretty....and don't mind that "age" comment, we are as young as we feel (and as old as we want our owners to think if it means sympathy treats)

"Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

You're just a big kitten Peanut. I have the version with the ball in it and Sunny and Sky love it. Cirrus will sometimes play with it but Storm has never been interested in it. I bet that my furkids would love this version too because they love mice.

Hi Peanut I had visitors this weekend and so I hadn't time to see you playing

You are rather quick with your fuzzy pawsies, aren't you?

And you don't let yowling Tubby mix you up? Good girl

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Edwina had one of those but a visiting d-o-g started playing with it and she was miffed. Dog cooties![/I]

Dog cooties! Dog cooties! Grrrrrrrr
    signed, Hannah
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

*swoons* I love Peanut. You get that mousie sweetie!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June