Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss Hoppy

Hee, hee!! I guess we know who's the happiest bunny mom on earth this morning!! Already playing the toreador game?? You must be feeling better, Miss Hoppy!! Now be a good bunny girl, and keep up the good work taking your medicine, getting well and making your mommy smile! We love you too, Miss Hoppy!! (Gee, you ARE a wee one, aren't you??)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Miss Hoppy playing the toreador game - what a riot! I have always thought of Miss Hoppy as being rather elegant. Guess she can be just as silly as the rest of our pets.

Thank goodness she is home, taking her medications and let's hope they work and she is back eating normally soon.

Can you all just picture our Miz Karen playing toreador with Miss Hoppy. Kinda makes you giggle doesn't it?

She is her own bunny, that's for sure - silly sometimes, but serious and quite elegant others. But we have played more than had petting time since she got home, I think she was bored silly while she was there. But she took her medicine this morning again, after some fussing ... it's like "I'll take it when I want to take it, stop forcing me!" She apparently likes the taste of it, just likes deciding on her own what moment she'll take it. Sigh. But she's a good bunny, and she's my girl! It's so good to have her back home, I hope her appetite picks back up, and we don't have to keep doing the medicine.

You know, I don't know if anyone could successfully film "toreador" - she moves sooooo fast, it's amazing! I just stand there waving the robe. The funny thing is that she will NOT play that game with Paul. He could wave the robe all day and she looks at him as if he's just nuts!

Good to hear our Miss Hoppy is taking her medicine and feels like playing.
    You go girl!

Just wondering how Miss Hoppy is feeling this morning, and (how shall I say this) ...are the innards functioning yet?

Miss Hoppy, you just keep on being a good little bunner and take your medicine. I know you are a bunny who doesn't need any direction, but indulge Mom on this one, okay?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I think she's almost all better - so much so that we skipped the torture this morning. When I got up, she was already downstairs, then we went in the kitchen and she ate many dandelion greens, I put out some new parsely and she ate a couple of those, just ofr variety, we played toreador downstairs, then she went to use the litter box, and I said, "Okay, maybe you're better!"

We had had a nice petting time last night, which we really hadn't had since her trip to that nasty place, and things seem almost normal. Whew!

Yea! Miss Hoppy!
    Keep up the munchin and playin and getting better.

Glad Miz Hoppy is feeling better!

You know, I don't know if anyone could successfully film "toreador" - she moves sooooo fast, it's amazing! I just stand there waving the robe. The funny thing is that she will NOT play that game with Paul. He could wave the robe all day and she looks at him as if he's just nuts!
    Mamma's girl I would pay money to see that !

OLE! *Big Smile and Clapping Hands* Soooo relieved and happy that Ms.Hoppy is feeling better!!!! Now all I can picture is Ms. Hoppy playing toureador with your robe!!! Sneak her an extra raisen from me and Klo!

I've been Boooo'd!

Sorry - gonna be the big meanie - no extra raisins yet, until she's eating like she should ... but we did put down a big seed treat last night, okay?

Bunnies don't digest sugar well, and so I don't want to upset the delicate balance with more than her tummy can handle! But I promise, once all is completely well again, I'll sneak her an extra one some morning, okay?

She was still not eating much so we gave her medicine again last night and this morning she decided to munch on the plaster wallboard (probably about 50+, maybe 100+ years old) at the top of the stairs. Bleeaaaugh. Sheesh - here I am being extra-careful ... (She's NEVER chewed on plaster in 6 1.2 years!!!)

But more medicine this morning, and things appear (guardedly) okay.

Originally posted by Karen

She was still not eating much so we gave her medicine again last night and this morning she decided to munch on the plaster wallboard (probably about 50+, maybe 100+ years old) at the top of the stairs. Bleeaaaugh. Sheesh - here I am being extra-careful ... (She's NEVER chewed on plaster in 6 1.2 years!!!)

But more medicine this morning, and things appear (guardedly) okay.
    Miss Hoppy says, "But MOM, I thought you wanted me to EAT!"
    Could she maybe be having a vitamin imbalance to make her want to eat plaster? I know sometimes kids will eat paint when they have a vitamin missing in their diet. I don't know much about bunny diets you understand. Just wondering.

How's Miss Hoppy today?? Hope your feeling a bit better today, sweetie!! And no more plaster, ok??? You must have been realllly thumpin' mad at having to go to the white coat's to eat that wall! Looking forward to happy Hoppy update!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Miss Hoppy seems to finally be all better for the last two days. I was waiting to post to make sure she really was better, and it wasn't lingering effects of the medicine. Thanks goodness! But carrots, a life-long staple of her diet, apparently are no longer considered food. We'll see, and they aren't vital to her, vitamin-wise, in fact they're kinda fattening for bunnies, but she loved them for so long that we'll keep putting them out and seeing if she forgives them! She hasn't tried plaster again since that one incident, than goodness!

She still, by the way, is wary of me picking her up in the morning or evening, when medicine time was! Hopefully she'll forgive me soon, too!

Love that bunny!

Maybe the plaster helped *settle* things down?

Hope Miz Hoppy continues to *Feel Gud* and munch on the
    more *approved* diet items!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Glad to hear Miss Hoppy is all better!!! Time for raisins yet???