Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floyd

Floyd

Popcornbird had asked for more pictures of Floyd so I have one for her and all of the birdlovers here. I hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2003 at 07:09 PM.

OMG! Floyd is an absolutly gorgeous birdie! What kind is he? I demand more pics of him!;P Awwww sweet birdie! I would love to hear more about his personality and what he likes to do.

Dogz

Thank you!
    We have had Floyd for only a short time, so we have not had a lot of time to influence his personality very much. Wish we had had him since he was tiny. Floyd is eighteen years old. He is from some of my husband's relatives. He has had about three other homes before he was passed on to us. I believe my husband said that Floyd used to hear his sister say "Kevin, take out the garbage!" and said Floyd picked up on that after awhile and would yell, "Kevin, take out the garbage!" He hasn't said any of the phrases we were told he is capable of saying yet, but since he has been with us, he does say, "Goodmorning Floyd!" and "Hello Floyd!" My son, Blake giggles when he walks through the door from school and Floyd greets him with "Hello Floyd!" He thinks it's funny that in this household, since Floyd came to live with us that we are now a family of "Floyds"! Because he greets all of us, especially Blake who he is more vocal with, by the name of Floyd. Floyd will not tolerate touch with us yet, and I am not sure if this will change about him. I am not real experieced with birds, so I really couldn't even guess if he will ever tolerate it or not. I need someone who knows about Parrots to tell me what is typical of these feathered babies. As I have said on here before, Floyd is really smart; when we come to him at night and say, "Let's go to bed Floyd..." , he starts down from the top of his cage where he stays the majority of the time and right into his cage he will climb. But-if we try putting him to bed earlier than normal, he seems to know and will not go right away, he will need us to hold his cage covering up and walk toward the cage, he takes the hint that we are not negotiating with him on it and he will go ahead and go on like a pouting child! He had a problem for the longest time that at first was fascinatinng, but in time it began to wear on our nerves. Everytime one of us would leave the room, he would cry with this extremely loud "HONK!!!" over and over until who ever left the room would come back and talk to him or someone else would go and talk to him. We understood this must have been lonliness and it must have been his way of demanding attention. This problem has stopped since we hung a large mirror behind his cage. He still gets attention, but when we are unable to keep him company as often as he likes, he doesn't have to feel alone. He loves to be talked to; when we change our tones of voice he seems to like the variation. It is funny when we clean around his cage, he stoops over and looks down at us with such curiosity that it is funny to us everytime. He loves music and is quite a dancer. Those kids that do their hip-hop dancing have nothing on Floyd! He does this thing with his neck kind of like the kids do when they listen to that type of music. Thank you for your nice coments and your interest in him. I will attach a picture of him for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-20-2003 at 09:24 PM.

Dogz

Hi! I wanted to tell you, your babies are very beautiful! I love them in their costumes and clothing! So adorable! Thanks again, Mother of April, Floyd & Lil' Ann

AWWWWWWWW! Beautiful Floyd, what a gorgeous bird you are! Thanks SO much for sharing! As always, I will not hesitate to ask for MORE!

floyd

hey that was pretty picture of floyd ! his color is is so beautiful ! now we know why he wanted a mirror . (to look at his pretty self)

Oh, what a handsome birdie your sweet Floyd is! I loved reading how he came to be with you, anathiona! That was HIS lucky day!! And what joy and smiles he brings to you and yours! Hip hopping Floyd!! Now that must be a sight!! He really does have it all...beauty, brains and talent! Thanks for sharing your very special feathered friend with us! He's very special indeed! Looking forward to seeing MORE PICTURES of fabulous Floyd!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sad news

I will have to end Floyd's thread here. Thanks to all of you for your interest in Floyd and your nice comments here. Here is the thing. Floyd was passed to us by my husband's family. I was blessed to have him in my life a short time but as my husband and I have been on the rocks since the very serious illness of our daughter, which happened only a couple of weeks after Floyd came to our home, yesterday, this marriage finally come to an end and I left our home. So, now Floyd is still at home with him and I guess i will not be able to supply further information or pics of him. I do appreciate each and everyone of you for all your comments and replies. mother of April, Anathiona

Oh my goodness! How so very sad. I'm so sorry to hear about your family problems, and your family break up. I hate to hear of families breaking. Its just so very sad. I hope Floyd is in good hands and will be loved and cherished for the rest of his life, where he is living.

How about your other pets? Are they with you?

re: sad news/ popcornbird

Thank you, popcornbird. April is with me and since Floyd was given to my husband by his own family, they expect him to keep Floyd within their family and I can understand that. Floyd will be fine, but I miss him very much. He was such a little character. Lil' Ann will also stay with him since I am physically unable to care for her. she is more than I am able to handle with her large size and hyperness. I believe she will also be fine. I love both of these special "critters" very much and miss them a whole lot. Thanks again popcorn...I hated to broadcast such personal things, and suppose I could have came up with some fabulous lie, but I really am a lousy liar anyway, so i figure the truth is always best. I have told my son that as soon as we get settled in and everything that we may get a cockatiel. Then we can talk about our cockatiels together popcornbird.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your family's break up, anathiona This must be a very difficult time for you. I know you will be missing your precious Floyd but thankfully you can rest assured that Floyd and Lil' Ann will be well cared for. And as you say, maybe one day soon you and your son will be able to welcome another feathered friend into your home! We're here for you, friend! {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

floyd

im so sorry for your home being split up . it is hard to get a use to not having a bird around after you have had one . my cockateils are always singing and doing sweet little tricks . i would miss that . my stala likes to take baths in their drinking bowl . polly will be trying to get a drink and stella will be fluttering her wings and splashing him , she is so funny ! i put them a bigger bowl in their cage so she would have her a bigger dish to bath in. but now she takes baths in both of them !poor polly .
    hopefully you can get another bird , but i know you are going to miss floyd! he will miss you too . im sad that breakups happen . it is a hard change to adjust too ,
    for both of you and your babys .

amoore, Re: break up

Hi, thanks for writing. We will be alright, just right now, there are a lot of changes to adjust to, and work to do that even I don't know how I will be able to accomplish. I miss Floyd so much, I love putting him to bed at night, getting him up in the morning and feeding him and see his grateful eyes when I gave him fresh water or special treats. I miss when Blake comes home from school, hearing Floyd greet Blake with, "Hello Floyd!" and Blake does too. But Blake doesn't miss the put downs and yelling and cursing of a jealous and hateful step-father. Lil' Ann was one that I know i will misss too, she was really cute and done cute things to get our attention. Nothing like this is ever easy, and I know it will take time. I will just have to hope for the best for Floyd, and keep a contact from my husband's family to keep an eye on him for me. Thank you, have a great day. anathiona, April's mom

Sandra, tatsxxx11

Thank you for such a kind letter. You are very sweet to show such concern and care for a stranger. HUGS back to you. Yes, we really miss Floyd very much and I did get a short visit with him today as I picked up more of our belongings from our ex-home. He was cold because my soon to be ex-husband left the air on too low. I wanted to cry for poor little Floyd. But I talked to him and he was very happy to see me. Made me want to gather him up and take him with me, but I knew with him being passed to my husband by his family that I had no right. I do hope that in the near future, i can get a cockatiel to bring us more feathered happiness. But Floyd will always be in our hearts.
    Again, thank you. Your kindness meant so much to me at this difficult time.

Hang in there, Anathiona, and know that we are here with you in spirit. I have "been there" and "done that", without the other issues you deal with. It is not easy, but I detect that you are a survivor. Floyd will be fine and although I know you will miss him, there is another bird in your future. Our Cockatiels are a joy....I'll talk "tiel talk" with you anytime you want!!!!