Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Thomas

Prayers for Thomas

I posted a while ago about Thomas, a beautiful russian blue previously abused cat (has no tail due to injury) who is at our local shelter.

He is still there, and I really fear that his time is running out.

I am going to try ONE MORE TIME to convince my husband that we should adopt him.

(I figure that, as I will soon be unemployed, at least I will have time to spend on the introductions etc.)

PLEASE can you all keep myself and Thomas in your thoughts and prayers this week, as I try ONE LAST TIME to convince my hubby to give him a home.

The PT prayers have worked miracles before, and I am praying for a miracle again!

Thanks everyone!

Julie

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Prayers on you way.... wa will patienly wait for GOOD news !

Praying hard for you and hoping for a good outcome.

Julie, I really hope you find a loving home for Thomas!! Any chance you can distribute pictures of him, that may help.

We'll be crossing our paws and fingers for him!

Fister & Randi

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Julie,

Tell your husband that there is no difference in having two rather than one cat, apart from they play with each other more than one cat will play with you.

Now, if you were comparing owning one cat to six.......

All the best PT prayers winging their way to you.

----------------

PS. No disrespect, but why does your husband have so much sway in this situation, surely a decision should be made joinly.

I agree you both have to agree before you adopt another cat but you are a grown adult and unless he has a logical serious reason for not having another pet, he should respect you and compromise with you.

You would love to fill the house with cats, he sounds like he only wants one.

He needs to understand how important this it is for you to be owned by two (or three ) cats.

Only children should respect a direct & covering all situations 'NO' from their parents. As parents often have more knowledge about a situation than children.

Adults should discuss and compromise.

I'm sending major karma your way.....Come on hubby!!!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Jen, no offence taken - it's a fair question!

My husband's main concern is that we are not permanently settled in the Middle East, and costs to ship an animal back to South Africa are extremely high. He KNOWS that once an animal is in the family, I will never agree to leave it behind.

You are right - I would have a house full of cats, but I would be setting myself up for absolute heartbreak when the time comes to leave here.

He is supportive in my efforts to help the local animals as much as possible (he does not complain about the time I spend at the shelter, the hours spend outside trying to catch strays and injured cats, the HUGE food and bottled water bills (which he pays), and the trips outside at 3AM to break up fights amongst the group of strays and ferals I feed, but he does draw the line at having another full-time cat in the house. (He has also rescued cats himself and once had to smuggle one through the border from Saudi as he could not find a shelter in Saudi, and having caught a small kitten at the roadside, was not prepared to just let it go again). He has a good heart, he is just (unfortunately) a lot mre logical than I am).

I understand his reasons - he is being perfectly level-headed and logical. but I still cannot get Thomas out of my mind! So I am hoping that one last try, with the help of the power of PT Prayers, will over-ride his logic for JUST long enough to get Thomas into the house

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

I understand his reasons - he is being perfectly level-headed and logical. but I still cannot get Thomas out of my mind! So I am hoping that one last try, with the help of the power of PT Prayers, will over-ride his logic for JUST long enough to get Thomas into the house
    Sounds like a great husband.

Gosh I didn't even think about transport costs. I take it you have already priced it, would they allow you to transport a large cage with two cats in it, at a reduced price.

If you knew the price of transporting two cats, that might sway hubby.

Just a thought.

Prayers are on the way! Good luck and may God bless Thomas.

Please , Sir! Do consider adopting Thomas! The Love tht you will get , and the good feeling that you get , saving this poor Cat , will enrich your life , in many ways! Please give Thomas a chance!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries

Thomas

Mew! I'm rescued. My prayers and my Kat~purrents prayers are with you & Thomas.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Level headedness wins many battles, but, not the ones of the heart. I really hope Thomas finds a forever home with you. Tell you husband I will contribute to the costs of transporting both kitties, when that time comes.

Keep up the good fight for the feral/homeless/strays.

Prayers and crossed paws here!

From Decker with Love

Dear Julie - Prayers are coming your way from south Texas. You and your husband both are such good hearted souls. I pray that Thomas can find his way into your house as it's obvious he's already in your heart. Best to you --- Bobbi

Good luck, good luck, good luck, all fingers and whiskers are crossed over here

We have transported Mini and Jasmine twice, and they both fitted in one big cat carrier, so maybe the cost of freight won't be so bad. Can you do a deal with your husband that if you give Thomas a home, you miss out on a Christmas present the year you have to move back, so it's not really an added expense???
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy