Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miley & Juni may be getting a new little sister.....

Miley & Juni may be getting a new little sister.....

I don't know how I am going to explain this addition to my two cats. I hope they will understand.

Lulu is an angora rabbit, much like Cookiebaker's rabbit. I have been in love with Willow, Cookiebaker's rabbit ever since she adopted her.

Anyway, Lulu, if I do drive 3 hours to go get her some day in the near future, will have her name changed to Winter!

We will keep you posted. I am so darn excited. I hope it all works out. Lulu is at a rabbit rescue place in Mass. right now!

Any suggestions on how to introduce a rabbit to two cats would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SAS

Last edited by sasvermont; 10-17-2003 at 12:51 PM.

I had a feeling from your recent posts that something was up. I hope it all works out and that Miley and Juni will welcome Winter. I have no experience with cats and rabbits, but being the considerate mom you are, I think there's a good chance it will go well!

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What a beauty, Sallyanne!!!!! If Lulu (Winter) shows up at your house, I am in hopes that Miley and Juni will be very affectionate sisters!!!

Here is an article from the House Rabbit Society on introducing cats & rabbits:
    http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-11/c...d-rabbits.html

Lulu/Winter is BEAUTIFUL! Please please keep us updated!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Sounds like a great addition.

YAY!!!!!

I love bunnies!!!!!!

If you need any info, PM me! Or post here!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

How did I miss this???? Sallyanne, Winter is adorable! I had expected you to get another pet from your recent posts but never thought "rabbit!" Since Cookiebaker has made the transition successfully with Willow and Marigold I am sure it can be done! You know you will get some great advice from Pet Talkers, that's for sure! We will stay tuned!

Winter is coming!

I have one more phone call/interview and a home visit (ya might think I was adopting a child).......and then Winter will be a Camper for sure! I have her cage and food all ready for her and now it is a matter to chatting/interviewing and driving. I suspect this will not happen and be concluded for a couple of weeks.

There are always complications - well generally I should say. My only complication is that I am going on a mini vacation on Oct. 29th - Nov. 3rd. Not long, and I will have someone stay here with the brats....so one more brat won't be a problem.

I shall keep you posted!

By the way, the article Jen suggested is a wonderful one. I printed it out. I bet all will be fine with the rabbit and cats.

YES!!!
    I am so happy that I'm doing the HAPPY BUNNY DANCE for you SAS!

Please keep us updated on when you will be getting her.
    Once Winter settles in, my daughter and I would love to visit her!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

This coming Friday is the day!

Winter was spayed on the 30th and on Friday, I will drive to Springfield MA, about 3.5 hrs. away from home, to pick up Winter. I am all set with the new hutch, pen fence etc. and cannot wait to see how the cats react to Winter.

Winter's foster home has three cats, so Winter will be used to being around cats. I suspect my two cats will be fine too!

Right now I am in Florida and just checking in to see how the Pet Talk folks are doing.

The weather is nice here right now......but I cannot wait to get back home and see my two silly cats! I miss them so.

Yes, I have pictures of my trip, although most of the photos are of my niece and her two children....and her cat too!

See you all soon,
    Love,
    SAS

What is Sallyanne doing on the Pet page- was what I asked myself when I opened Pet Talk today.

And now I see: a new fluffball is coming to your house. If I guess how Filou would react: he would try to play with whatever comes in but he definitely has no hunting instinct (he is glad to pass the mousies when you throw them -just to show he can run faster ). So I think Miley and Juni will be fine.... And Winter too

And now: enjoy your Florida journey -because there will be a lot of Winter in Vermont

SAS I hope you are getting lots of rest and just basking in that warm sunshine because, as Barbara says, you have a long Vermont winter approaching! We look forward to meeting Winter (maybe pictures by the weekend???) and also seeing some of your trip! Thanks for checking in.

Just a couple more days!!! That is *soooo* exciting, and we can't wait to see pics!!

p.s. SAS, if you are going via 91, we're about 5-10 minutes off the interstate if you want to stop by! Just send a PM!

SAS, winter is precious!
    We, recently, rescued a bunny too,Siset, and we had no problem introducing him to the cats. After the firts curious moments the cats leave him alone, except for Piula, the youngest kitten, who likes chase him around the house and he likes to be chased by her anyway .
    The only thing is to be sure the cats don't play too rough with.

Today is the day!

I will leave the office at noon and travel to Springfield MA, about 3 1/2 hours. Winter is just now recovering from her spaying. She had a few problems right after the surgery but is fine now! Thank goodness I decided to let them do the spaying. I figured with a change in living arrangements and a spaying, here, would be way too much. By having her spayed in MA, she was in familar surroundings for her recovery time.

I have the travel container filled with hay and a litter tray. Juni is very curious. Juni will be the one to climb into the cage with Winter.....we shall see. I will NOT leave the cats alone with Winter for some time, if ever. I suspect they will leave Winter alone after the initial days of being curious.

I will take photos as soon as I return!

I am excited, to say the least!

SAS