Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purina cat chow..

Purina cat chow..

When Maggie was a kitten we fed her Iams Kitten food. Well, I heard that Iams isnt a good brand (?) So we got Maggie some Purina cat chow. Is that brand better? What do you feed your cats?

I chose Nutro Natural Choice to feed my foster kittens, but I also fed Purina Kitten Chow.

Thanks!!

what do you feed your cat?

amber i know there is many good brands of cat food to feed your cat . i feed my cats meow mix hair ball control . they seem to do well on that brand . i feed my 9 year old schnauzer purina fit and trim ,because she had some bad health problems with the regular type of foods . i feed my 4 month old chihuahua iams puppy food .

I feed my little stray Angel Iams kitten food. I stopped using all Purina brands when Proctor and Gamble bought Purina.

I feed my adult cat Wellness, which is wonderful - no by-products and all natural. Innova and Wysong are also superior brands of cat food. Roxxi, my older cat gets bored with any food after a while and I have to find something new. The latest brand I bought is Evolve.

Be sure you change over very gradually when introducing a different brand of food.

Good luck...

My cats are fed whatever Brand whas the Best promos! With 13 Cats , I have to improvise. But I stick to Iams , science Diet , Pro Plan Advanced or Nutro Max complete. And occasionally Cat Chow Adavnced.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks! I have another question (sorry for all these questions, Im new to raising a cat) Maggie is about 12 in a half months old now. Her B-d is Oct. 29. Right now she is eating Purina kitten chow. Should she be now eating adult? since she is so cole to her first birthday? or is it ok until she is exactly 1yr old??

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Isn't Maggie the Maine Coon? She's almost a year old; I'm not a professional but one would think she's ready for regular adult food. No animal by-products for my two either. They're on PetGold regular for the Big Boy Mishi; and the hairball control light formula for my not-so-light hairball, Mitzi. HTH

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I stopped using all Purina brands when Proctor and Gamble bought Purina.
    I was unaware that Proctor and Gamble had bought Purina. But they do own Iams and many folks refuse to use Iams for that reason.

I think either are ok, frankly. My vet has always contended that Purina does more research on pet food than any other company and that is the brand he uses for his own pets. My Mimi, who is 14, and very, very small, ate Purina Kitten Chow for years and thrived. She and Butter now eat Flint River Ranch because Butter was having some skin issues on a Purina product (Pro Plan), and it was suggested that I try a food that didn't have any fish in it. His problems have cleared up completely, so I'm sticking with what works.

I feed Fister Hills C/D now. If he puts on too much weight, I change to W/D for a while, he's not as keen on that, as it has not much fat and therefore don't taste as good.

The first year we had him, we fed him mostly Whiskas wet food and Pussi (Felix) - the gele types. He had dry from Royal Canine - he loved that!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

For 19 years Leroy ate Purina and Friskies. Kelcee ate IAMS till she went on prescription food. Leroy was a lot healthier than Kelcee, but cats are different just like people. But sometimes I do wonder if there is a difference. In case there really is I want Kelcee to have a premium food, but now she has to watch her self because of her kidneys.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Your cat is ready for the adult catfood!
    I feed both my cats Hills's food. It is more expensive, but very well "outbalanced"! My vet says it is the only really good food on the market!

Noah, Noel and Basie get Royal Canin Indoor

Hermione gets Royal Canin Kitten

Olivia is on Nutro Lite wet (although I'll be switching her to Innova Lite wet soon)

Micah is on his raw diet (chicken + suppliments)

Phoebe and Emma get Royal Canin Baby Cat and Nutro Kitten wet

I did a lot of research and found these foods (Royal Canin and Innova) to be the best available to me for my fuzzies.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Mine eat the Purina Indoor cat chow & Purina 1 (salmon flavor)
    They love it cause it's little. I did try Iams but neither one of them liked it.
    What's the story on Proctor & Gamble? I must be out of date!

Purina is the ONLY thing clive will eat.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin