Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas meeting (10/31-11-1 weekend)

Texas meeting (10/31-11-1 weekend)

Is everyone still on for the Texas meeting? I know Aly and Rottieluver45 and PJ’s Mom will be there since y’all live there, but any other takers?

Auggie? Dakotas Mommy? ParNone?

Anyone else from the cat side?

Where and when are we meeting? I know that Friday Chester and I are going to Aly’s shelter for the trick or treating and photos. But what are our plans for Saturday? Do we have any?
    Sorry, I’m one of those people that likes to have set plans and I’m getting very antsy about the meeting cause we don’t have any!

Are we going to have a picnic and all bring food? Or are we just going to meet up somewhere and (God forbid! ) wing it?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Aly - does your shelter have a website?

Par may or may not be there - she has to play it by ear.

The shelter's website:
    http://www.austinspca.com

I was just going to message you on AIM and say we need to come up with a plan. The pups are crying now so I'll be back soon!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Ohhhh good. Plans. My favorite word!

Yeah, the last time I talked to Par, she was unsure because of her mother. I’ll Pm her and see if she can make it.

Checking out your shelter now.

OH!!!!! Angel!!! I want her!!! She’s coming home with me if she’s still there in two weeks!!!!!!

YOU HAVE DACHSHUND PUPPIES!!???!!!

I gotta get off yur site now… Hubby’s lurking behind me. I’d rather surprise him when I come home with a new doggie!

So that's how you get hubby to agree to get another dog?! I've been going about it all wrong this whole time.

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    So that's how you get hubby to agree to get another dog?! I've been going about it all wrong this whole time.
    Oh yeah, that’s the only way to go! If it’s just presented to him, he falls in love before he can say no! Especially if they’re like Aneko and fall for him, too!

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    That's how I got Riley here with us!! Went to the spca alone, called him from the car, he could hear whining and wimpering "what did you do?" was what he said, he looked at Riley, and couldn't resist

I hope you guys have fun at your meeting!!!!!!!

I just peeked at the site---I want Bashful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Micki -

Would you prefer an offleash or onleash park?

(This is my feeble attempt to start making plans, hehe)
    Alyson

Doesn't matter to me. Whatever's nicer, but I will keep Chester on the leash, since I trust as far as I can throw him. Wait that makes no sense. LOL.
    I don't trust him at all off leash, but we'll be ok.

BTW - still have the dachshunds?

I haven't seen any Dachshund pups in, but we do have 3 Rat Terriers, a Manchester Terrier, and 2 Boston Terriers currently
    Alyson

Hi!!

I pmed some people about the meeting and asked if they were coming.

Micki76, what time are you going. We`ll probably be there around 5:30 or 6:00.(the Shelter)

There`s this park that I live by and you can have your dogs off the leash here`s the site:
    http://www.austinexplorer.com/hiking...y/RattanCreek/

Where it says:"Getting There" At the bottom of the paragraph it says it`s on the right(it is, but that`s the activities part). Well right across the street there is a HUGE open field that I see people w/ there dogs out there all the time. And since I live near it Thelmer woud DEFINATLEY be there.
    Last edited by Rottieluver45; 10-18-2003 at 08:30 PM.

Have fun you guys!! Aly, if I could Buckingham and Spanky would come home with me.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by aly
    I haven't seen any Dachshund pups in, but we do have 3 Rat Terriers, a Manchester Terrier, and 2 Boston Terriers currently
    Hmm...They were on the site before and now they're gone. Guess they were adopted.

Rottie - I'll probably be at the shelter around the same time. I can't remember what times the paw-tee begins and ends...

Its from 3-7. We took out some of the activities we were going to have because of liability. Like, we were going to do 'Bobbing for Weenies', but got scared there might be some scuffles over the food, etc. There will be pictures for sure, but I'm not sure what else beyond that now I'm getting Reece, Lolly, Shiloh, and Skylar's pics taken at about 3pm, then I'm taking them home and coming back to the shelter with my little babies Peka and Sterling. So I'll be back by 4pm and will stay until the end.

Micki - what days/times do you have family things planned?
    Alyson

The only time I actually have plans with family is Thursday and Friday night. Football night and dinner. And of course, we're going to try to get our dogs to get along! Ha!! They have a menagerie of animals, too so it should be interesting. They have mutt, a (big) Boston, and a Min Pin.

Yeah, the Bobbing for Weenies could get nasty. I see their point.

You will have to call my cell when you're on the way to the shelter so I can be sure to watch out for you and Chester. I'll have to show you my babies before you leave!!

On Saturday, do you guys want to take picnic type food? Doesn't have to even be anything big. Maybe just some people and doggie snacks. I'd like to go to a park with restrooms ... maybe McKinney Falls or something.
    Alyson