Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floyd/ Blue Front Amazon Parrot

Grover's mom

Hi there Grover's mom, Thank you for your reply. Yes, Floyd goes to bed when told to, unless it is being asked of him earlier than normal, almost like he can tell time! LOL Anyway, I think it would be quite worth the chase if I could pet Pretty Boy Floyd! That sounds so sweet all the affection you get from Charlie; I would love that! Maybe if I could have got him younger or had had the opportunity to raise Floyd, he would be more tolerant of touch. You are very lucky to have such a loving little guy like Charlie. Tell us more about the loving little Charlie!

Grover's mom:

LOL somehow, I must have overlooked the part in your reply about Charlie's affection to your hand. LOL That is a funny story! Just train him to love your company's hand as well when they are over! LOL
    That sounds great to be able to raise one from birth, no wonder he loves you so much! I am happy to hear that you have such a sweet little bird. Please attach a picture! I will go back and try to visit your album.

popcornbird

Thank you, Popcornbird for telling me about that about our Floyd. You babies in your signature picture are also very pretty! Would you mind telling me more about those two? I'm sure you have some very sweet and funny stories to share about these to feathered friends!

Jennifer, I hated to hear that you had to leave Floyd behind, it just don't seem fair that he has to stay with somebody that doesn't love him as much as you do.
    By the way, I love the new look of your avatar, you are so smart, and know how to do these things. Pity you can't do mine for me. It still not what I want. I guess I will have to work on it some more.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

floyd

floyds mom , i hope you get your floyd , maybe you will ....i hope so ! birds does take a lot of care . my two birds wants to have their cage covered every night . they like me to play their music box for them every time i enter the room . birds need attention , so maybe your husband will get tierd of that and give you floyd . i hope so . i would hate to see a beautiful bird like that die ! here is a picture of my oldest bird polly . i got him in 1988 from a very good friend that hand feed him . polly is still with me and has gave me many years of love and laughter . this is him last christmas .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

amoore

Thank you, Polly is a really pretty! And makes a great Christmas tree ornament too! LOL Floyd liked his cage covered up everynight too. I wish I would be able to have Flyd, but this is the same man that tooks is little disabled daughter's little Boston Terrier that a lady that was selling them decided she wanted her to have as a gift. and sold it. He will sell anything and any animal/pet he can get his hands on, if someone is not there to stop him. I am sure Floyd will be okay, but, will not get the same love and attention he was getting from me and Blake. I miss him very much and think of him often. I asked him about him yeserday, and he said, "he's fine." Not much info.
    Thanks again amoore, your pets are so sweet looking!

floyd

im so sad for you and floyd ! that is just awful you lived with such an awful person , and sad for you that floyd is not there with you. poor floyd !

Floyd

Floyd is calling to his flock member when he "honks" after you leave the room. Try telling him that you are leaving and calling to him after you leave. Say something like, "Bye Bye, Floyd". From another room, call to him so he will know where you are. I always tell my Amazon that I'm leaving and answer her when she calls for me. She loves the talking back and forth game. Mirrors are not a good idea since they can overstimulate Floyd and contribute to aggressive behavior in some birds. Amazons live from thirty to fifty years plus depending on diet. He should eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and not too many sunflower seeds as they are too fat. Amazons will become sunflower junkies and fail to eat a balanced diet. Buy a good parrot book. You can find several on www.amazon.com. You can also read lots of information on the internet about care, training and feeding parrots. And don't forget to spray him with warm water several times a week. Spray the water upwards and let it fall on him in a mist. If he doesn't like it, keep trying. He needs a bath and will come to love it. Never squirt the water in his face.

Floyd is a lucky parrot to have found such a loving second home.

George

Floyd

I failed to read the post about your losing Floyd. I'm sorry to hear that. Please tell your husband to purchase a wooden T-stand for attaching to the top of Floyd's cage. You can buy simple wooden ones at any pet shop. Floyd shouldn't stand on a wire cage surface since it will damage his feet and contribute to arthritis and joint problems. The cage perch where he roosts should be sized so that his toes encircle about half the diameter of the perch. You might consider a small play gym for the top of his cage. They are inexpensive and would provide much needed entertainment for him.

If you are able to rescue Floyd from his present situation, please feel free to email me about him. I can help you to work with Floyd so that you can handle him and pet him. He's a beautiful parrot who appears to be healthy and secure. He certainly is not too old to train. Don't give up on Floyd! He needs you.

George