Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet our Bobcat? mix new addition Simba!

Meet our Bobcat? mix new addition Simba!

Ok well I didn't want to say anything until I knew he was a stray and after talking to some neighbors apparently he was dropped off at our house while we were gone......this was awhile ago. Anyway, here he is. I swear he has Bobcat in him. Either that or he is a Chaussie/Bengal mix. Well he's been getting more and more used to me and I think the time is near when I can bring him inside. He looks fairly old, around 8 or so, and is already missing a front tooth. So, I proudly present our newest rescue stray Simba!

Sorry bout the pics, he's still a little shy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    WOW! He's huge and GORGEOUS! Are you sure he's tame? He looks a bit on the wild side!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yes he's as tame as tame can get. I really think he has Bobcat in him! Too bad UC Davis no longer does DNA testing. A pitty. Oh well, Mystic does not care for him too much so we will have to work that out.

See, I swear he looks like a miniature Bobcat. I will try to get some more pics tomorrow or later tonight so you can see more of his wildness.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Here you can tell he's an older guy. If you look closely you can see he is missing a tooth on one side.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Uh oh I'm falling in love! He's CUTE in a big guy kitty kinda way.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

He's really a nice guy, just a little scared is all. Hopefully he will come around, although I wonder if he really doesn't belong to somebody around here but they aren't saying anything? I don't know. I am so in love with him already!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Oh boy, I'm in love with Simba. He is georgeous. I too think he is part Bobcat. He's huge.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

What a handsome boy with gorgeous markings.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

He's so handsome!
    What exactly makes you suspect he is a bobcat mix? I don't really see it yet....but I'm curious! Enlighten me!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

gorgeous! what lovely marking and such pretty green eyes.

Wow, he is gorgeous! Just look at those eyes!

Originally posted by catlover4ever
    Oh boy, I'm in love with Simba. He is georgeous. I too think he is part Bobcat. He's huge.

Yes he is huge, but I do have to say his looks so much better in person. I'm suspecting maybe African Wildcat, but his profile and his lack of rings on the tail (besides the tip) make me suspect bobcat. The only thing is he is lacking any tufts, but just the way he is built. I took a couple more pics last night but will try to get more if he comes around today.

We have decided to put up flyers just in case he does belong to someone. If not we will be taking him to the docs, especially since it looks like he's in need for a dental.

This is going to be my new sign once I get off my lazy butt to upload it!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by 2kitties
    gorgeous! what lovely marking and such pretty green eyes.

That's what I love about him the most, are his eyes! They are just so pretty. He has the tallness of the African Wildcat and the eyes, but he has the muscle of a Bengal/Bobcat, just how his coat is too is what makes me suspect Bobcat plus the eyespots in the back of the ears, but no tufts. Hrmm, I really wish I could check his DNA.

Anywho, he decided he was no longer interested in picture taking. I promise I will get better pics of him. Like I said, Mystic doesn't care for him too much and chased him away sorta, so when Mystic is inside I should be able to get some better pics.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Well the rest of my Bengal brood are getting testy that I am plastering Pet Talk with "That cat" so they wanted mommy to include one of them. Here is Cheetah and Houdini cuddling. Remember, Houdini is Cheetahs mom.

Again, sorry for the camera string lol.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Hey, did you know that Sammy is a African Lion mix, and Dudley is an Ocelot mix!?!?!?! Sammy looks exactly like an African Lion- he is brownish/orange, he is fluffy, and has big teeth. Dudley, he looks exactly like an Ocelot- he is brown, with a big pink nose, and black spots on his body. See, here are some pictures to proove it:

Why, they resmemble their big cat parent as well as your kitty resembles a Bobcat. See:

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb