Thread: Dogs using a litter box????

Dogs using a litter box????

I just now caught Mooch using the Kitty litter box. Never happen before sense I haven't had a kitty litter box in years. It was an odd site. Maybe Mooch just sences that today is not a good day to bug mommy about going out side maybe she knows I'm hurt so she made do. Who knows with her. She is smart.

Can you train a small dog to use a box? or maybe this was just a odd day for Mooch. Does anyone have or know of a dog thats been trained to use a box before?

It would be kind of helpfull if I could get both Mooch and Brandy to use one, just for a little while. Some things are going on in my life right now and knowing that they can use a litter box if they have to would help right now. I might have to be away from the home more then normal and that's one less thing that I have on my mind.

But if I can train them, can I break the training later when my life get back to normal? or will I be stuck with it?

Just wondering.

I knew someone whose dog was litter box trained. He picked it up quite quickly, but I don’t know if it can be “unlearned”.

Hope things are ok with you!

I have known people who litter trained their dogs. There is special dog litter. I tried with Teddy at first, but it didn't work out.

I guess I'm not totaly nuts then to think about it, if they make a special litter for dogs. Others must have had the same idea for there to be a market on dog litter.

Originally posted by micki76
    I knew someone whose dog was litter box trained. He picked it up quite quickly, but I don’t know if it can be “unlearned”.

Hope things are ok with you!
    Things could be better but thats life, have to take the bad with the good. Thanks for asking though.

Our local pet store has doggy litter. I've also seen it in the Drs. Foster and Smith catalog. I hope things get better in your life.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar