Thread: Meet Gilbert, my rescue vintage cone..

Meet Gilbert, my rescue vintage cone..

Well, poor Gilbert was hiding behind the bed for the for couple of weeks, but he's finally come around. I've given him his first bath and taken lots of pictures. I named him Gilbert after my late step-brother. Gilbert was rescued about 25 yrs ago and had been living in Mom's basement and I wanted to socialize him to I brought him home. Introducing Gilbert...he may not look special, but being my very first rescue, he'll always be special in my heart.

This is where he decided he felt safe after coming out from behind the bed.

Meeting Speckles. She likes him.

Meeting Max. He was very suspicious....

Gilbert's first bath. He was scared of the showerhead so I bathed him in the kitchen sink.

He was shivering after his bath so he warmed up in front of the fire.

He then had something to eat and didn't mind if Speckles drank from his waterdish. He really likes her.

He really likes the deck.

And he knows how to use the litterbox...I'm sooo happy about that although I hope he's not embarrassed by this picture.

Here he his all dressed up and ready to parteeee.

End of a long day. This is where he sleeps at night. Max doesn't really like it, but let's him sleep there anyway.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Nice to meet you Gilbert, welcome to PT!

I'm glad to hear that Gilbert has finally come out of hiding

Looks like Speckles & Max like Gilbert as much as he likes them, so glad they all get along

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Slick,

What a hoot!!!! You made me laugh so hard, my eyes are watering! And I thought I took it far by dressing Carl the Cone up in a tuxedo and brining him to the PT reunion on Labor Day

Thanks for the laugh. I can always count on you guys! That's what great friends are all about

Looks like Speckles and Max have taken to Gilbert. He's very lucky. My cats are very jealous of Max. They completely ignore him. MooShoo is REAL pissed off that Carl has borrowed HIS tuxedo
    Last edited by moosmom; 10-13-2003 at 07:07 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That was funny! Glad to see Gilbert is finally coming around. He sure is a cutie!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

How fun! I had no idea how much Speckles looks like my big boy Sid.

Congratulations on the new member of you family.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Oh, Congrats! It's very nice to meet Gilbert!

Well a big HOWDY to you Gilbert my boys Klark & Kent welcome you and look forward to someday meeting you. Maybe at Gini's 2nd Annual LA Meeting next summer. By then Slick, Gilbert should be socialized enough to even travel. Does he know any games? My boys are really good at horse-shoes and would be pleased to give him some pointers

Well hello Gilbert! Welcome to PT.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by lbaker
    Well a big HOWDY to you Gilbert my boys Klark & Kent welcome you and look forward to someday meeting you. Maybe at Gini's 2nd Annual LA Meeting next summer. By then Slick, Gilbert should be socialized enough to even travel. Does he know any games? My boys are really good at horse-shoes and would be pleased to give him some pointers
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes Gilbert is slowly coming around and when I got home yesterday he was sleeping on one end of the couch and Specks was on the other side. Max hates him, but then again, Max hates anything that turns my attention away from him.

Laurie, I'm really really hoping that I can attend the meeting next summer but I need advance warning of the date, and yes, Gilbert will come with me. I think meeting other rescue cones will be good for him and he can learn how to interact with others. Of course, I do hope that Richard will be the chaparone. Gilbert has been on his own a long time and meeting some other beautiful cones will wakes up his senses....

Moosmom: makes me feel good to know that I put a smile on your face. Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OMG oh man, I can hardly type this I'm laughing so hard.... RICHARD THE CHAPARONE. mmwwaaahhahahahaha - oh gosh * wipes tears * that's a good one Slick No offense to Richard but, um. er... let's just say I'm sure he'll be too busy bartending to - to - to covers mouth to cover big grin watch over the kids.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! ANOTHER CONE! IM HAPPY!!! *jumps around* I dont have a cone yet. Im getting one still

*laughs* Cone of The DAY!
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Welcome, Gilbert! You sure are a looker! I am glad you are making some (cone)headway into socialization! Your siblings seem ready, willing and able to help you along, too. Good thing they aren't doggies, though, or you might be bathing a bit more than you'd like.