Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What breed is the most popular in your town?

What breed is the most popular in your town?

I live in Wanchese,NC and there is alot of fish houses down here.So everyone has Black Labs!!They are everywhere you look! They just let them run around to!! I don't have one though.I'd rather have a Golden Retriever and Sully!!

So what breed is the most popular in your town??

Got a need for speed, and a passion for barrel racing.

You've never ridden a horse until you've fallen off.

Adopt one until theres none.

Labs most definatley; and Lab mixes. Also, Golden Retrievers. For the smaller breeds, probably the chihuahua.

In shelters, the majority of them are pit bulls.

Sadly, pitbulls and rotties seem to be the most popular dogs in the area, or at least the most popular to fill our shelter where I volunteer. I live in a very rural community where everyone wants to fight dogs. We've had several pitbulls come through our shelter that we just had to put down right away because they were too vicious. We've also had the pitbulls with their ears cut completely off come in. I feel so bad for them.
    Labs seem to be very popular pets too. I work for a vet and I see a ton of labs!

In the shelters, it's labs, gsds and pits.

At the past few dog events I've gone to, shelties were by far the most popular there. I was sort of surprised. Around town, there's everything. The breeds here are pretty diverse.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I live in CA and everywhere you look there are different breeds! Vislas and Boxers and Jack Russell Terriers which, aren't anymore, and boston terriers and poodles, they are everywhere! But, the sad part it that there are just pit bulls roaming around our neighborhoods, so we can't walk our dogs safely til the pound comes to get them! And they are mean too! One of them almost bit me!

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

Cape Cod & the Islands (Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard) are definitely Retriever land! No surprise, as we are surrounded by water! If it isn't a pure breed, it's a Labbie/Golden/Flat Coat/Chessie mix which we fondly refer to as a "Cape Cod Black Dog" or "Nantucket Retriever!" And Martha's Vineyard is absolutely a doggie haven. Dogs are allowed everywhere/anywhere including in restaurants, stores, on the jit buses, in taxis and on the ferry. It's the home of the world famous Black Dog Tavern with it's own separate doggie tavern where poochies can order a snack or drink, take a nap on a mat or shop for treats and treasures! There are also a lot of working and sporting breeds and TONS of agility/competition inclined breeds such as Border Collies, Shelties, Aussies, etc. Everyone here loves dogs and breeds of all kinds and on any given day, most can be found on the beaches, enjoying a little sun and surf!

I'm so proud of the fact that due to our VERY strict leash and licensing laws, our fabulous Animal Control Officers, and an abundance of of "responsible dog ownership" educational programs, low cost "snip and chip" programs our shelters are rarely filled and even more rare is the doggie that must be PTS. If the shelter is full, dogs are rotated out or in, to and from, other Boston Animal Rescue League shelters within the SE Mass. area.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    Dogs are allowed everywhere/anywhere including in restaurants, stores, on the jit buses, in taxis and on the ferry. It's the home of the world famous Black Dog Tavern with it's own separate doggie tavern where poochies can order a snack or drink, take a nap on a mat or shop for treats and treasures! There are also a lot of working and sporting breeds and TONS of agility/competion inclined breeds such as Border Collies, Shelties, Aussies, etc. Everyone here loves dogs and breeds of all kinds and on any given day, most can be found on the beaches, enjoying a little sun and surf!
    I want to move there!!

me too me too!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

we dont have alot popular dogs around here we basicly havea mix of dogs, I see labs/retrievers, mastives, yorkies, terriers, fox terriers, dalmation, just a bunch of them!!

In our immediate neighborhood, we have "Dachshund Corner" a little cluster of houses owned by Dachshunds. But Newton has lots of dogs of all kinds - poodles and labs and Goldens and wheaten terriers and Dalmations and on my small street there's a Husky and a mixed breed big dog, a Shepherd mix, and a Dane mix, and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and a couple miniature poodles and two English Bulldogs and a Yorkie and those are just the ones I know of! I also regularly see a Bernese Mountain dog, a Boxer, a Samoyed, a Springer Spaniel on my way to work, and there's a lovely Rough Collie across from the end of our street ... and a Sheltie and a Mini poodle come to my work! Newton is dog-ful!

Hehe, probably..Westies and German Shepherds and Labs.
    Pits and Rotties seem to be the most popular shelter dogs.

I would say Labs....we have LOTS of hunters here....people are ALWAYS breeding labs...it's very sad.

When I've been to the shelter there's lots of labs, gsd, and pit mixes.

There's an awful lot of poodles, shih tzus, and schnauzers that come in to be groomed but that's probably just because they need grooming more often.

I know the lady who runs Australian Shepard Rescue so I see lots of Aussie and border mixes around here also.

In our shelters we have tons of lab mixes and shepherd mixes and lab/shepherd mixes. And a lot of beagles too, and pit bulls(but we don't seem to have much dog fighting, pretty much all the pits in shelters are real sweethearts but have usually been abused in some way )

Outside of the shelter we have pretty diverse breeds, but lots of mixes and labs.
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

border collies, the shelter is full of them, (from BYB busts) and I am always seeing them being walked, and one named angel lives next to my friend, and ya I know a million of them!and I see them everywhere, suprisingly I rarly see a lab, a lab mix lives down the street, and my friends cousin has a yellow lab named bailey, and thats all I know, mosty just border collies and shelties, I see them all the time on the bike path, there seems to be several samoyed to I know 3, several eskis, and few goldens and thats mostly what you see!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    Dogs are allowed everywhere/anywhere including in restaurants, stores, on the jit buses, in taxis and on the ferry. It's the home of the world famous Black Dog Tavern with it's own separate doggie tavern where poochies can order a snack or drink, take a nap on a mat or shop for treats and treasures! There are also a lot of working and sporting breeds and TONS of agility/competion inclined breeds such as Border Collies, Shelties, Aussies, etc. Everyone here loves dogs and breeds of all kinds and on any given day, most can be found on the beaches, enjoying a little sun and surf!

I want to live there soooo badly!!!!! My dogs would love it!

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!