Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dog in heat

When Misfit went into heat, I tried to keep her from male dogs, i'd keep her in alot, let her out and listen, didnt matter. Dont remember which came first, the male dog I found hopping the fence in my yard, with 3 other males behind him, or when Misfit ran away for 36 hours, she came home on her own very happy and pregnant... I got her fixed and they gave her an abortion... Me and Misfit are too lazy and poor to raise pups.... This was also my first female dog in 31 years, i've always had male pups, and I never knew how much she could bleed all over my house, she got fixed about 5 months ago, and now we are very happy... She healed fine, she doesnt cry to go out and play with the males, she's 95% the perfect pup. The other 5% will come with a little time, shes only about 3.

Anyone familiar with symptoms of chihuahua heat?

We have a very small female chihuahua. She is 1 year and 3 months old and weighs just over 2 pounds. I think she is having her first heat. All my other animals are/have been neutered/spayed, so I'm really not knowledgeable on this topic. I have no intention of breeding this dog. The vet and I have been waiting for her to get a little bigger. I was concerned with the risks of anesthesia since she's so small.

Anyway, for about a week she's been spotting a little bit of blood. She mostly cleans herself. The thing that is strange is that her nipples are huge and seem so swollen, even high up on her chest. Is that normal?

I'm terrified she might be pregnant, but she doesn't go outside, and my other pets are neutered. I know it's silly, but I'm worried another dog snuck in the house somehow or she snuck out. The fact that she's so small makes it even harder to believe she could have a caller of the appropriate proportions to mount her. Her big nipples are just freaking me out. I'm going to try to get her into the vets early this week. Any advice?

how long will a german shephard stay in menstraul

how long will my german shephard stay in menstraul

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdp1
    Is that normal?
    Completely normal

Quote Originally Posted by kaysha
    how long will my german shephard stay in menstraul
    The heat cycle is 21 days long.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland Dancer
    You can put doggie diapers on her if she spots alot. Or you can do it the homemade way. I use a pair of my husbands underwear since they have the opening that works for her tail perfectly. I line it with self sticking maxi pads.
    You know, I know you meant that in all seriousness and to be helpful but it really made my day. I thought it was hilarious and cute!

thank you

thank you K9Krazee that is a great help as we have just picked up a retired breeding dog and she is going through heat at the moment as i said thank you for your help

toys

can anyone think of any good toys for her to play with that she won't destroy in five minutes i've given her tennis balls but they don't amuse her for long we had a old football she finds that amusing any help mould be gratefull as i would like her to enjoy her retirement

toys2

forgot to mention it is a german shephard