Thread: Thank you Pet Talk!

Thank you Pet Talk!

Today when I was talking to my boss she congratulated me for having worked with her for a year now. I can't believe I've been working as a pet sitter for an entire year, this is the longest I have ever held any part time job, and I still love it more than anything. I realized that if I hadn't have found Pet Talk I wouldn't even be working as a pet sitter, I had no idea that there even was such a thing until I joined Pet Talk. Because of Pet Talk I contacted every professional Pet Sitting agency until someone hired me. Pet Talk has also inspired me to do other things.

I'm not sure if any of your remember the foster I breifly took care of, her name was Little Grey. Her owners stopped feeding her because she wouldn't stop having kittens. If it wasn't for Pet Talk I know she would have ended up at the shelter with her next litter of kittens instead of the wonderful home she has now where she is showered with love and attention. So I'm sure Little Grey says "Thank you Pet Talk!"

Also there have been several other pets that I have convinced my friends to get spayed and neutered because through Pet Talk I realized how important it was. So they all say "Thank you Pet Talk" as well.

Pet Talk showed me how hard it is to be a shelter worker and how they work on such limited funds, so because of Pet Talk I donated some money to an animal shelter, so they all say "Thank you Pet Talk!"

And last but not least, I have met so many wonderful friends because of Pet Talk. Friends that understand my love of animals. I've met so many amazing people here that are so willing to give and ask nothing in return just because of their love for animals. Pet Talk has some of the most generous people in the world. So once again I would like to say "Thank you Pet Talk!"
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

What a wonderful and uplifting post in praise of a wonderful and uplifiting community! I had no idea that you got the idea of working as a pet sitter from Pet Talk. I probably hadn't yet joined when you posted about "Little Grey" so I'm off to search for those posts!

I just want to say that Pet Talk would not be the same without you, Laura! Thanks for being you!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Thanks Kater! Here's the original thread on Little Grey if you want to read it.

Little Grey
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I missed this post! I think that's because it was posted around my exam time last year. Thanks for the link!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I agree - what an uplifting post .......... I am sure I have not done anything specific to help you really ......... but I am hear to listen and offer advice ...
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Awww she's so cute, she looks like Neko
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Laura, that was beautifully said, and exactly what I like to hear!!! Isn't it wonderful that although you always knew you loved pets, that Pet Talk has brought out so many new ideas and things for you???

We're definitely glad you're here, Laura.

Logan

Uabassoon,

It's been a pleasure getting to know you through your posts
    here at Pet Talk. I'm so glad you took the time to post on how
    this group has helped you in so many ways. I love PT for a lot
    of the same reasons. I've learned a lot. I'm glad you joined.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What an upbeat and positive thread.

I bet you are just the best Pet Sitter. Hmmm, ever get out to California?

Thanks for posting such nice thoughts.