Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell us about YOU

All About The Brat

My name is Cayter, and I'm 12 years old. I'll be 13 on December 17.
    I have two dogs that my life revolves around. Miss snobby pants, also known as Darlin, is a Shih Tzu mix. She will be a year old on October 17, this month. Darlin loves to play with balls, chase me arond the house, gt belly rubs and be loved as muc as possibly by her mama.
    My other dog is a purebred Collie named Ozzy. He is the love of my life. Oz is a blue merle, smooth coated handsome 8 week old puppy. Look for us in the agility world sometime soon! Oz is one smart dog. He gets everything I teach him ike that. He is also a lap dog. You can hold him forever, yet he's so hyper!
    Darlin and Oz love playing together. They wrestle and chase eachother all the time. Ocasiaonlly, Darlin will snap at him for getting into hre food, or her crate so he had better learn quick to stear clear of those areas.
    More about me...?
    I love to do things with the dogs. I'll give up a weekend with my friends just to go to the park and play with the dogs for an hour or two.
    I get into trouble whenever I am out with my friends, so I've been straightening up a LOT.
    Well that's just a little bit about me! PM me whenever you want to talk or something. I love chatting about pets.
    Ta-Ta

My name is Laura, and I am 15 years old, and I live in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. I will be 16 on November 28th. I get my temporary drivers license next week!! WWWWEEEEEE! I don't have any brothers or sisters, I am the only child. I attend Menomonee Falls High School, and I am in the 10th grade. I have 2 cats and 7 rats.

My true passion is horses (and mules), I have been riding since I was 6 years old. I used to ride English, but now I am riding Western (along with bareback). I have been in 6 horse shows, not too many. I am constantly reading books on horses, studying information on the internet- trying to learn as much as I can. If you look at my AOL Favorite List, under the category "horses" there has to be 700 different sites. You can never know everything about horses. I volunteer at Camp Anokijig, the horse camp I go to every summer. I travel far and wide to see as many horse shows as possible. Of course, if you are a true horse fan, you visit Kentucky- I have been there 3 times. I would LOVE to be an equine veterinarian, or an equine veterinarian assistant- but I am too dumb.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want this mule: Click here to see
    I asked mom if I could get her, and she said: "Not until you get a job and keep it for 6 months." She'll be sold by then!

I plan to go to college, I am not sure what I will be majoring in quite yet. Once I am done with school and have a good job, I would love to move out west (Montana) and have a ranch full of dogs, horses, mules, and rats. NO SKIN KIDS! Another career field that I would love is working for National Geographic as a professional animal photographer.

What other silly information can I tell you? Um, my favorite color is yellow. My favorite dog breeds are the Labrador Retriever, Great Dane, and Boxer. My favorite horse breeds are the Quarter Horse and Arabian. My favorite actors are Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin, and all the other LOTR peoples. My all time favorite movie is Lord of the Rings. My favorite place to travel to is our cottage. My favorite states (that I have been to) are Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

I don't have a job yet, I am planning on getting one soon. The only thing that I do, that is close to a job is teaching hunter's safety classes.

That's about it, not too exciting.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Re: All About The Brat

Originally posted by Foam
    Miss snobby pants, also known as Darlin, is a Shih Tzu mix. She will be a year old on October 17, this month.
    Darlin's birthday is the day after Ruby's Except Ruby will be turning 3

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

My name is Chantelle, and I live in BC, Canada with my mom, dad, sister, two brothers, and my 1 week old neice, Sierra.

I am owned by 3 cats, Peppurr, a 2 year old black and white tuxy boy, Zeus a 6 month old black Maine Coon/Snowshoe/DMH. The bottom half of his belly and his armpits are a orange/black color. Majesty is around 4-5 years old, she is a brown marbled Bengal. We adopted Majesty last year.

I also have a dog, Buddy. He is a Golden Retriever, and is 7-8 years old. We adopted Buddy in July of 2001. Buddy's favorite thing to do is sleep

I have my fish too. I have 6 fish, Thrasher, and I haven't got around to giving the other 5 names. Three of the fish are bottom feeders.

I collect video game systems (so far I have Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, SNES, N64, Sega Genisis and Sega Saturn), and video games. My favorite games are Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64), Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC) Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Super Mario World (Snes) Super Street Fighter II (Snes) Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven (PS2) Halo (Xbox) Evil Dead II: A Fistfull Of Boomstick (PS2), Hunter: The Reckoning (Xbox) Gauntlet: Dark Legay (Xbox) and Simpsons Road Rage and Simpsons Hit & Run just to name a few.

I also collect DVD's, I only have about 40 so far. My favorite movies are Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army Of Darkness, Gladiator, Identity, Lord Of The Rings, Braveheart, most Star Trek movies, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, and Signs ( I am sure I am forgetting lots)
    My favorite actors are Joaquin Phoenix, Mel Gibson, Ray Liotta, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, and Bruce Campbell.

My favorite animals are Cats, with Dogs in second. My favorite cat breeds are the Sphynx and the Bengal and my favorite dog breeds are Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, and Rottweiler

That's all about me, I am not a very exciting person

My name is Cathy. I'm nineteen years old an I live in Campbell, CA. I graduated High School to years early because I loathed it, and I now attend West Valley community College. I'm also engaged!

I have a lot of pets. My personal pets are: six rats, a mouse, and a Hognose snake. My parents have two dogs and a cat, my fiancee has another snake (a black pine), and his family has a long-haired Chihuahua.

I have a few fish too: a Diamond tetra and two Botia Sidthimunki.

I am a Furry, which basically means I identify with a specific animal (Felines in my case) and I have a "fursona" who is an anthropomorphic Siamese cat (with wings!). My Fursona's name is Wolfchan.

I fully intend to remain child-free for my entire life, and my fiancee agrees with me. I'm very lucky in that my family and friends almost all support this decision, or at least don't argue and tell me "you'll change your mind".

When I graduate, I hope to become a herpetologist. I'm not sure what I want to get into specifically, but I know that I want to work with snakes, and I don't want to work with the average (irresponsible) pet owners like the ones I see at the pet store I work at now.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginning to get a complex here
    My name is Vickie and I'm a Pettalktolic. Ooops, wrong room. Sorry.

My name is Vickie and I signed up with Pet Talk in Dec 2002. I'm 51 going on 35 and fortunately I don't look my age. Time has been very good to me. I'm an independant woman and own my own condo (well, the bank does so far..). I've never wanted marriage or children so today I live alone with 2 furkids. I work full-time for a non-profit society and have the job title of Coordinator, Information Systems. I've been doing this for about 15 yrs. When I retire I'm getting a doggie of my very own.

I have one brother who is married with 2 children. My Father is deceased and my Mother and I are very close. Most of my Aunts and Uncles have also passed away except for my Auntie Ruth who is 94 and living in a care home. I'm very close to her too.

It's very hard to meet a companion at my age, especially someone with no children so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I will be alone with I retire, but that's OK with me. You get very set in your ways, the older you get, and the last thing I need right now is some burbing, farting male to expect dinner on the table at 6pm. **shudder at the thought ** I don't have many friends expect you guys on Pet Talk. I tend to be a bit of a homebody that likes to hang out with Max and Speckles. I do alot of volunteer work at our local Humane Society in my spare time.
    Last edited by slick; 10-07-2003 at 11:32 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My name is Vickie (too! Yes! Another "ie" on the web!). I'm 21. I live in WV, which is a pile of hills you have to go through to get from OH to DC, LOL! This is my 4th year of college; I hope to graduate in a year and a half. I am single, have always been single, never dated, and I don't mind staying that way until/unless I can find someone who won't mind playing second fiddle to my pets and can clean up after himself (cold day in h***? You bet...)

I am considering (exotics) vet school, but I don't know if I "have what it takes." You know?

I breed pet rats. They are my pride and joy. I've learned a lot of patience with people by trying not to notice when people cringe if I talk about them. (They NEVER cringe when they meet them. Go figure...)

My parents both teach high school but hope to retire soon. They love my rats. Although sometimes I feel like Dad parades me around like a freak show. ("My daughter raises rats! Let her show you some of her rats!") Dad is a cat person and likes my critters, but isn't fond of dogs.

I live in an apartment with my sister (we go to the same college), the rats, and her betta. We have 5 cats and a dog at my parents' house. I love them to bits, especially April since she is so scared of rats. It's hilarious.

I have a brother in high school who is graduating this year.

Besides my rats, my passion is learning and websites. My pride and joy is this one: http://curiosityrats.tripod.com

Attached is a picture of my rat cages.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by anna_66
    Hobbies, let's see.
    Scrapbooking
    I love scrapbooking! However I haven't addd anything to my scrapbook for a couple years. It gets so addicting when you're in the middle of a page that I'll stay up till morning trying to finish it! If you're intersted, when I get a scanner for my birthday I'll share some pages and ideas with you.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    I love scrapbooking! However I haven't addd anything to my scrapbook for a couple years. It gets so addicting when you're in the middle of a page that I'll stay up till morning trying to finish it! If you're intersted, when I get a scanner for my birthday I'll share some pages and ideas with you.
    Ooo show me too!!

My mother, sister, and I spend HOURS and HOURS scrapbooking It's the best. I've getting really behind lately I need to go shopping for more supplies!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Maybe I should give scrapbooking a try. It sounds fun....but I lack on the creative side lol.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

My name is Amy. I'm 19 years old. I live in Utah, and have lived here my entire life. After I graduated from high school, I worked for a year. I still work at the same job every other day...I'm a Bath and Brusher at Petco. I'm going to college 2 days a week, 5 stupid classes, and I hate it.

I have 3 wonderful dogs. Smokey is a 17 year old male poodle, Reggie is a 10 year old male schnauzer and Nebo is a 1 year old male siberian husky. My favorite breed is the siberian husky, and I would LOVE to adopt another.

I've always loved art and photography. I've been drawing animals since I was young, and I still enjoy it very much. I do Pet Portraits (link in my sig). I really like taking photos also, especially of my dogs, scenery, and wildlife.

Your getting a new doggie?? What kind? When? From where???
    yup A border collie (male) , they are due to be born this week *yay*, they are from a sheep farm *proper working BC's* and the mother has been working sheep ever since she could walk lol (well started out with the chickens)

as for scrapbooking i love it, but have been too lazy latly to do anything

TM i know the feeling if i start a scrap book page i cannot stop untill it is finished
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wow, a lot of people on here are younger than I thought.

So I guess I'll give this a whirl... My name is Jaime. I'm 25 years old and I am completely owned by one Miss Samantha. I come from a small family - just my mom and dad and my brother, Robb. My best friend is Christine. We met in 1989 and hated each other at first, but quickly became friends and now she's my Maid of Honor! My wedding is on June 5, 2004 and I have to say, I cannot wait. Josh and I have been together since 1995 (when we were seniors in high school). He recently graduated with a BS in Computer Science from Virginia Tech. He is the most intelligent person I've ever met - he's one of those people that knows a lot about everything. Samantha and I both adore spending time with him and we can't wait until it's full time and Daddy doesn't have to leave to go back to his house. That makes us sad.

Most of you already know the story of how Samantha came into our lives. My neighbor found her and her puppy sister along the side of a highway and brought them home with her. The next day, she brought them over to see if anyone we knew was looking to adopt a puppy. I sure wasn't, but as soon as I saw Samantha (then called "Sassy" or "Lady" depending on who you spoke to), I knew she was my girl. After much coaxing (we have an older cat, quite set in his ways), my parents agreed to let me keep Sam at our place until Josh and I got our own place. That was supposed to be this past summer, but we decided to wait until we were married mainly to save money. And now my parents are tearing up when they think about Samantha moving out. She won our hearts quite early on and is easily the best thing that happened to me last year. I love her more than anything.