Thread: Anyone know?

Anyone know?

Does anyone know how to stop a kitten from always attacking fingers, toes and always attacking you 24/7? Mittens won't stop attacking me. She is 2 months old. She always bites. Anyone know how to get her to stop?

First thing you need to do is when she starts biting, yell "NO!!!" very loudly and walk away. This will let her know that this is unacceptable behavior.

Never play with the kitten with your hands. This gives her the impression that it's OKAY to bite. It's not. Buy her LOTS of different kinds of catnip toys. This will avert her attention to biting.

Also, put some pennies in a can and everytime she bites, shake it. They hate the noise and she'll get the ideal REAL quick!

Good luck!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

make sure your whole family and friends don't use their hands to play with her either. when i was training kelcee, years and years ago. i had one friend that always went for her tummy with her hand and of course kelcee would bite her.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Thank You Moosmom!!!!!

Hello, I am replying to Moosmom to thank you for that pennies in a can suggestion...it worked like a charm when NOTHING else did! I just got a new kitten, Marlon, and right from the start he was attacking my fingers. I tried the yelling, and he would just ignore me. I tried the spray bottle, and it made no difference, and I would get him soaked...I actually think he liked it, despite the fact that cats aren't supposed to like water. I tried bopping him on the head and I think he thought it was just a game. I was desperate for any suggestions and came across Moosmom reply, and thought it sounded like a good idea. I said to myself, "If this works, I'm gonna ask this person for their address so I can send them some flowers..." And low and behold, it actually worked! The pennies in a can is a brilliant idea...Marlon hates it. I use it whenever he's biting me, or scaling the furniture, or attacking my feet, and he goes running every time. I can't say enough about it...thank you soooooooooo much Moosmom- your suggestion worked wonderfully, and saved me a lot of aggravation!

Well, never play with a cat with your hands. The cat may think that you are trying to play with her and will join to fun by biting & scratching. But if you want her to stop, simply yelled "NO!" or make a loud sound. You can also do it the old fashion way: wet Mittens with some water. Good luck!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!