Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Grandma Has Passed Away

((((hugs))))
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss I know its really hard to lose someone your close to. But at least you got a chance to say goodbye
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

You will be in our prayers, your whole family will. As others have said, at least you got to say good-bye. And, tell you what, if you ever make it to a Pet Talk gathering, we'll insist you bring cookies from Grandma's recipe, okay?

Sorry to hear about your loss... !

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Please know we at PetTalk are here if you need us.
    {{Hugs}}
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm so sorry.

She's in a place with no pain and illness now.

Godspeed.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm very sorry about your loss. Grandmothers are very special, I know. You were able to tell her how much you loved her, she was able to take your feeling with her, and she'll be always with you.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

It's very good that she didn't have to suffer long. And just think, every time you use that cookie recipe, you'll have happy memories of her. I've got a lot of my Grandma's recipes, as well. When she was in the hospital, I just couldn't get myself to see her like that. She was only there for a week before she died. I took Duke and visited her at the nursing home a lot. My favorite thing about my grandmother was her laugh. You should share some of your favorite things about yours when you feel a little better.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... I lost my grandmom almost six years ago on Christmas Day and while my heart doesn't hurt when I think of her anymore, there isn't a day that goes by when I don't remember her somehow. You will do the same and I'm sure your grandmom knew just how much you loved her. (((((((((((((((((((((Sevens)))))))))))))))))))))

Well, I am finally back from visiting with my family. It felt so good to hug my grandparents, brother, sister, and my cousin and her kids.

I am feeling better today. It hurts, but at least I didn't cry today. I had so many people to see today, I just didn't have time to be sad. Also, I had both of my best friends with me most of the day, so they helped me get through it.

I am so glad I finally got to see my other grandmother again. I was able to give her a pep talk about getting better from her back pain. Also, I had lunch with her and Granpop. I tell ya one thing I miss about not living down there is Granpop's pierogies.

My family all seem to be holding up well. The general feeling seems to be upset at the initial news, but I think everybody is happy for her that it was not a terribly long and lingering illness. I mean, they had just started Granma Dwyer on the morphine on Tuesday for the pain and she was gone by lunchtime on Friday. Also, she had told us that she was prepared to die, that she had made her peace with God and that she was happy that she would be able to see my Grandfather, aunt and uncle (her children) again.

Most of my memories of her centered around the kitchen. She made the best cookies and the best lasagna. She always had a very merry sort of laugh. She laughed a lot. She was my inspiration to start journaling and writing short stories, as that was what she did in her spare time. I wish she could've taught me to sew, she was so wonderful at that. She also taught me the card game Gin Rummy. I used to love listening to her stories about growing up in the Virginia countryside. She sent me a nice letter a couple of months ago saying how happy she was I married Brian and marriage advice about love and communication. She was so happy for us that we adopted two beautiful doggies.

Anyway, sorry to be rambling on like this. I just have to say, I am really understanding now how people say PT people are like family. You have all been wonderful with your thoughts and prayers for my family and I. I wish I could take one huge road trip and come around to hug each of you in person. Thank you so much for your support, it really does help.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

I'm so, so sorry to hear this, Sevens So much sad news on PT recently. Grandma's are so very special and reading of your great love for her brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful memories she has left for you. I'm glad you found some comfort and peace after visiting with your warm and wonderful family. My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Rest peacefully, Grandma.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm so sorry for your lose! HUGS to you and your family!

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Be comforted by knowing that she isn't in pain anymore. Remember the good things about her and she will always be alive and with you in your heart.

These are not the droids you were looking for

I just found out that the memorial service for my grandmother will be Oct. 19th. She apparently wanted to be cremated and have her ashes buried next to my grandfather's grave.

I think I have figured out a fitting tribute to her for the memorial service.

Before she died, I asked her for one particular recipe for chocolate oatmeal cookies. It is a deceptively simple recipe. You basically mix Hershey's cocoa baking powder, sugar, salt, and milk in a pan and bring to a boil for three minutes. then take off the heat, add 1 stick of butter and vanilla. beat in oats and mix well. drop onto wax paper and let them harden. They are delicious and nobody in the family has been able to master this recipe. The cookies always never harden or they don't taste quite right.

Well, I am determined to master this recipe in the next two weeks before the memorial service. I don't care how many batches get tossed in the trash, I am going to get this right. Then I will bring them with me to the memorial service, because we are supposed to have a meal at the church after we bury her ashes.

I've only told my cousin and my husband about this. I want to keep it a secret until the memorial service.

Please wish me luck on this. I really want to get this right, because I think she would've liked to know that she passed on something special to me. To think she could've taught me something about baking, because of all the grandchildren, I am the least "domestic" of all. Especially when it comes to cooking/baking.

**HUGS** to everybody. Thanks for listening.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)