Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Advice Here!

Awww how cute!

But so distracting ... I like the chair idea, but what about buying a little mat and putting it up on the desk next to you? That way kitty can be nice and close but not in the way

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I have found that such distractions are so much nicer than the "in office" kind...but I appreciate the dilemma. Ritz has a tendency to park her sizeable behind on the laptop - a message I think that says "cat needs attention-do the math".

However, I have made a purr-pad and old towel perch on top of the file cabinets next to the window, and another such perch next to the computer on top of the desk. I will, in desperation, warm up a towel in the dryer and place it on top of one of those spots to "lure" her highness - works every time and always results in a fairly long catnap .

I had to buy a new external modem recently because my internal one pooped out...thisnew one one makes a lot of noise. I came into the room to find Ritz had put her paw under it and lifted it up on its side...she was trying to get the noise to stop...had to put it inside a little suitcase to keep her from obsessing about it and trying to chew the phone/power cables!!

I've also come to realize that if she insists on interruption, and it is accompanied by a retrieved fake mousie dropped in my lap, it is time for a catfee break (coffee & cat play)!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

My Chloe like to sit on my lap at the most inconvient times. It's like she is phycic or somthing. She's big girl at 23 lbs with her winter coat. She also like to jump on my back when I get out of the shower and I am drying off!!OUCH Corbyn and Billy like to chase the curser or lay all spread out on the desk.(like it is attractive or somthing) Corbyn also like to lay on top of the monitor.Don't ask me how he balances himself.
    PURR PURR. Cats are God's gift of love to his children. A gift of love and companianship to remind us that he is always with us. PURR PURR

Although I heartily agree with the first suggestion you received "give up work" - here is how I solved my Rascal lap problem.

I have a chair right next to the desk that the computer sits on.

I recently bought Rascal a little bed. Funny how they just know......he loves it. So it is easy to transfer his heavy body into the bed and his feelings are not hurt when I have to get back to work.

I have tried typing while he was on my lap - and then I would see what I just typed because I didn't realize my fingers were on the wrong keys - pretty funny.

5. For the Record

Edwina HAS a nice comfy chair that is only an arm's reach from me. I'm wondering if it is the heat. We have it programmed to go WAY down during the day...which doesn't bother me but may as winter moves in... I think I'll try to explain to Edwina that curling up with Eddie will provide as much, if not more, heat than my lap! Think I'll convince her???????
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 10-06-2003 at 07:45 AM.

If you talk to her so that she can understand it

Yeah, but sometimes only a mommy lap will do! I think it is more likely that HH will convince Eddie to come and do the same

Ritz is not so much a lap cat as she is a laptop cat - she likes to sit ON the laptop when it is shut and turned off...still haven't figured that one out
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Rocky is 16.5 pounds so I know your delimma well. He seems to think he can get atop my lcd monitor. It's very very thin- there's just no hope- but he keeps trying.

Now that the evenings are colder, both the boys like to snuggle up on the bed. Also running out of room there.

You may just have to get a bigger desk