Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Confidential - Final Edition

What a wonderful final edition!

Looks like a great time for one & all

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
    I'm going to be in Roumania this weekend - pity it's just a bit too early for the Wine Festival in Moldova! To see beautiful Juni rolling on her fleecy cushion would have been worth the trip all on its own!!
    Where in Romania? Even if it is early for the wine festival, Chisinau is very nice this time of the year. I would be happy to meet you

The FINAL edition? Oh NO! Well, I am sure the correspondent needs a rest - and of course, the delegates need to write up their reports on this conference.

I highly recommend that you drop into Richard's today, he will be glad to fill your glass with ice cold beer. And I know he always has a bottle or two of excellent wine for those who don't care for beer.

Perhaps there is another world event that will inspire our correspondent to prepare another edition - and soon!

Excellent reporting!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Beer drinking, sick.
    Whoooops!

Is it just me, or do I detect a certain lack of TOLERANCE?

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't let this be the final edition of PTC! It is my ONLY source for news!

Originally posted by lbaker
    Kfamr & Popcornbird, no one is forcing beer on you. If you don't like it don't drink it .. some people don't like Pepsi and some can't drink milk .. so what

I never said someone was forcing on me, did I? I said sick. In which, I think it is. I don't like it, and I don't drink it. Not just the fact that I just don't like it, but, I'm also underage. I don't like Pepsi or milk either. I said Sick. So what?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by jonza
    Whoooops!

Is it just me, or do I detect a certain lack of TOLERANCE?

Whoooops!

I don't see it. I was joking around in the first place.

I can't stand beer, I can't stand what it does to people. I think it is SICK..

-rx bandits

Kfamr and Popcornbird are still in school, and kids are taught early on here in the US that alcohol consumption is a bad thing, especially for underage people. They may change their minds when they get older, but for now, they're just voicing their concern about being around beer drinking, even if just virtually. To the young people who are being educated against drug and alcohol abuse in the schools here, seeing a picture of someone chugging a big ol' beer is the same as seeing pictures of someone smoking marijuana, because it's considered the same thing. Schools don't make any distinction between legal alcohol consumption and illegal drug consumption, just that both are BAD. I remember my daughter telling me FERVENTLY, when she was in 5th grade, that I was a DRUG ADDICT because I smoked (perfectly legal) cigarettes. So don't be too hard on them for speaking out against beer. I'd rather hear a young person opposed to drinking than all for it, anyway.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Do we need to rate our threads like movies? Like "for mature audiences only" so as not to offend someone Or should something like a meeting between friends during Octoberfest be kept in the Doghouse category

Nope, It's fine where it's at.

-rx bandits

Originally posted by lbaker
    Do we need to rate our threads like movies? Like "for mature audiences only" so as not to offend someone Or should something like a meeting between friends during Octoberfest be kept in the Doghouse category

I am all over that post. If you don't like something, and someone is not asking for your opinion-MOVE ON!

It wouldn't be any different than someone posting a beautiful picture of thier garden and someone else posting, "Gross. I am soo allergic to flowers". Pointless, unnecessary, and really, an insult to someone that has taken significant energy to publish PTC.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I am all over that post. If you don't like something, and someone is not asking for your opinion-MOVE ON!

It wouldn't be any different than someone posting a beautiful picture of thier garden and someone else posting, "Gross. I am soo allergic to flowers". Pointless, unnecessary, and really, an insult to someone that has taken significant energy to publish PTC.
    If posting wasn't meant for comments and opinions, then nothing would be posted in the first place.

I never said anything about PTC being sick, or anything insulting PTC. I think it's a rather cute idea. My post wasn't meant to be insulting. Being allergic to something and disliking alcohol is two different things.

Anyways -- On the subject. I'm glad you guys were able to meet-- alcohol or not. PTC is a cute idea and it should go on!

-rx bandits

… Goodness me!

… and here’s me thinking that this was a fun thread and it would just fade away and die gracefully!

The problem isn’t with beer drinking or any other human “vice”. It’s a matter of DEGREE. A matter of not EXAGGERATING things. It’s a matter of being tolerant of others and their habits and beliefs (OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now).

If one makes a derogatory comment on someone else’s thread, there’s a good chance one will get a reaction. I thought mine was rather mild (it was at least meant to be).

Let’s get this back on track and try to have a bit of fun together. Much better than pointless discussion and misunderstandings.

Perhaps the next headline for PTC should be:

PET TALK CONFIDENTIAL PROVOKES SERIOUS INTERNATIONAL CONTROVERSY!

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Jonza- I will drink to that!

15. As one of the delegates, I want to assure you that none were drinking to excess, rolling around naked in the saurkraut, or engaging in any other SICK behavior. In fact, you might note that, just as on network T.V....none of us is actually shown guzzling or even sipping the foam.

SO......everyone take a deep breath. We had a great time, no one was sick, and Jonza is an inspired reporter as well as an active delegate.

Prost......