Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request list

As thrilled and happy as I am to hear that Sadie's surgery went well and she is fine, I am so sad and depressed about Sam. I too am adding that sweet pup to my prayers that a miracle can happen, and there's a full recovery. My prayers go out to her family too!

I've been Boooo'd!

Not to take away from any of the more serious cases, but Daisy goes in for her eye surgery tomorrow. I just need a few quick prayers that all goes well. Thank you so much!

Daisy Roo, you and your mommy are definitely in our prayers!

I want to double up on prayers for Hope since we found out that she now has cancer.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

We could sure use some prayers right now.. my friends paint horse and palamino shetland pony have been missing since saturday morning we have no idea what happened to them we searched everywhere. It makes me sick to think that they might have been stolen but it is a possibility. The paint has a bowed tendon and the pony is wearing a nylon halter witch is bad because nylon dosen't break if it gets snagged on something so can you please add Bugs and Star to the list? we could use all the prayers we could get at time like this thanks everyone

Prayers for those horses. I sure hope someone didn't steel them...I can't imagine how much your friend is grieving.

Best of luck to sweet Daisy on her upcoming eye surgery, I know how scary surgery is and I will pray for the best.

I am back after another weekend without pettalk I did want to let you know the latest on Sam, the lovely golden retriever mix who was struck by a car while her owners were on vacation. The neurologist appointment went well, Sam has some pretty severe spinal cord injuries, but it seems that the only casuality is going to be one of her hind legs. She had some nerves severed in the accident and she will never use that leg again. She is going to be getting it amputated but SHE IS GOING TO LIVE!!! and that is the most wonderful news. Sam will be going into surgery to get her leg amputated soon, as it is a dead limb. I'll let you know about any changes as they come. I firmly believe that with all of the positive energy and the wonderful prayers Sam will live. She will be a 3 legged dog, but she will be fine and is expected to make a full recovery after her leg amputation. You are all angels. I can't thank you enough for all the prayers. My co-worker and his wife also thank you with all of their hearts.

God bless you all.

Here's an updated list. Oh, I couldn't imagine what I'd do if someone stole any of my animals or if they were missing or real sick. You're all in my prayers.

Killian
    Bourbon
    Foxy
    Buddy
    Charlie
    Clarice
    Scrubber
    Gigio
    Max
    Hope
    Sheba
    Tucker
    Tinker
    Belle
    Julie and kids
    Sam
    Lucy
    Simba
    Lilly
    Bugs
    Star

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

By the way...Graham is getting his stiches out tomorrow. He can come off the prayer list if you wanted to shorten it to the dogs in need because he's all better now Thanks for putting him on it though. I am sure with all of the prayers he made it through the surgery without any problems and his healing went quick.

Love you all.

-Leslie & Graham

What wonderful news about Sam! An answer to our prayers!!!!! There are many 3 legged dogs who do just wonderful. Goldens are very athletic dogs so she should do fine. Especially since she has such as wonderful sounding family to take care of her and give her extra loving!

Glad Graham is doing better too!

I pray the horses are returned or found soon. I can't imagine someone being so heartless to steal an animal.

Best wishes and prayers to all our Pet Talk animal friends on the prayer list!

I am so glad to hear about Sam and Graham (ooh it rhymes ). I guess my prayers helped! As for the two horses, they are going to be in my prayers. I hope they are okay.

Thanks for all your prayers for Daisy. Her surgery went great and she is looking prettier than ever!

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
    <STRONG>By the way...Graham is getting his stiches out tomorrow. He can come off the prayer list if you wanted to shorten it to the dogs in need because he's all better now Thanks for putting him on it though. I am sure with all of the prayers he made it through the surgery without any problems and his healing went quick.

Love you all.

-Leslie & Graham</STRONG>
    It's my pleasure to remove him. Good going, Graham.

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I am so sorry to hear of the missing Bugs and Star! How frightening to find those babies missing. I will pray with all my might that they are simply off on a long wander and will be home soon. Or perhaps if they were stolen, they will be noticed and the thieves apprehended. I hope most of all that wherever they are, they are safe.

Graham, good boy! Bet those stiches are pretty itchy! Soon you'll be 100%!! Yipppeeeeee!! Love to you Graham Man

And how wonderful that Sam will live to know the love her family is waiting to shower her with! So many doggie's I have met lead very happy, full lives as 3-leggers! Sam must have an incredible spirit and will to live. What a brave, brave girl. Thank God for a miracle. Sam will live! I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I just wanted to let you know that you can take Gigio off the list. We had to take the sad decision to put him to sleep on Tuesday. The last couple of days he was just laying on the floor, refused to eat and had become incontinent. It was so sweet on Saturday night he insisted in crawling in my bed and slept wrapped around my neck all night, it was the first time in weeks and also the last time he left the kitchen. I have no regrets with him, we found him when he was only a few months old and lived very happily for over 18 years. It's strange not to see him around though.

I just wanted to thank everyone who prayed for him.

Gio, I'm sorry to hear about Gigio. It is with great displeasure that I have to remove him from the list this way. Sometimes prayers aren't enough. I'll pray for you and your family.Killian
    Bourbon
    Foxy
    Buddy
    Charlie
    Clarice
    Scrubber
    Max
    Hope
    Sheba
    Tucker
    Tinker
    Belle
    Julie and kids
    Sam
    Lucy
    Simba
    Lilly
    Bugs
    Star

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Gio,
    You are the second person on Pet Talk that we are giving our condolences too. What a sad day we are having here on Pet Talk. Look forward to the day when you will see your loved one waiting for you as you cross into heaven.

Incidently - I use to wonder if my dogs would be in heaven. I asked a very wise man (a beloved pastor) when I was grieving over one of my dogs. His answer was the most profound I have ever heard on the subject. He said "Candy - heaven is being prepared for you as we speak. If you will need to have your pet in heaven in order to be happy then your pet will be there". I never doubted again whether they were there because they have given me such joy here on earth that I know they will be waiting for me there! I do believe!!!!

Hopefully someone else finds comfort in those words as I did several years ago and still do to this very day.