Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We went to the State Fair**pics**

We went to the State Fair**pics**

The Washington State Fair is in Puyallup WA., just a few minutes south of us. We try to go every year. First we look at the dogs, and then all the animals. It was the last day and very very busy.

Here are a couple quilts that cought my eye

And some BIG candy

Cows trying to kiss

Mini horse and baby

a Raindeer

Mini Mt. Goats

Pink Babies!

A tired Daddy.

The biggest buns we have ever seen. Flemmish Giants.

Baby chicks.

more to come
    Last edited by tomkatzid; 09-29-2003 at 03:08 PM.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

The dogs!!!!

and just a couople more

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

WOW! Why didn't you buy me that first quilt?!!!

I must say the dogs were the best part

Wonderful pictures!!
    It sure looks like you had a good time!!
    Our fair was last month, but there were no dogs, just all of the other animals!!

That quilt was gorgeous!!!

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

What great pictures!! I especially loved the quilt ones too!!

We're going to our state fair this Sunday. Scott has never been and it has been years since I have been. We decided to do it, with no kids, so we can enjoy looking at the exhibits, something I have hardly ever been able to do in years past (always had a little girl who wanted to ride rides).

We're going to make a day of it, as our state fair is in Columbia, SC. We figured we could invent a reason to go, which is to pick Helen up from her dad's house on the way back!!! LOL!!! Whatever works!!! BTW, Helen will have her State Fair trip on Friday night with her dad and stepmother, and get to ride all the rides she cares to ride.

www.scstatefair.com

Logan

Great pics!! I haven't been to Michigan's State Fair in years. Used to camp on the grounds and work it. Loved playing with the animals.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Looks like fun!!! The 4-h dogs are great, some of them are soooo sleepy.
    Thanks for the pictures.

bigdog
    The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues. - Unknown

Re: We went to the State Fair**pics**

Originally posted by tomkatzid

And some BIG candy

The biggest buns we have ever seen. Flemmish Giants.

We chased the kiss mobile through our town one day. Never did figure out why it was here or where it was going. It was headed towards Carlsbad which is en route to El Paso. Imagine it was going there.... no such luck for our small town to have a 'kiss' event. lol

Those bunnies don't look that much bigger than Piper... perhaps, I now know a bit of his lineage.

Great pics!

Katz forgot to say that those bunnies were youngsters, 4 months old .....tom

great pics , thanks for sharing

i love the bull terrier quilt it is beautiful.

and all the dogs looked so tired .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

In the pic you can't tell just how big these babies were. They really were the biggest bunnies I have ever seen. And get up to 20 pounds. So I guess double the size of a reg. bun.

A History Of The Flemish Giant Breed

No one knows the exact origins of the Flemish Giant Breed. Some people surmise that the during the 16th and 17th century, Dutch Traders may have brought back giant Patagonia Rabbits from the Argentine Republic to Europe. The large rabbits of Flanders were well known at the time and may have been cross bred with the Patagonian. The name Flemish comes from Flanders. But because the Flemish exhibits the same body type and and appearance as the Patagonian, it seems obvious that our favorite Giant is decended from the wild Argentine rabbit.
    There is no verifiable record of the Flemish Giant Rabbit until 1860. Travelers from Flanders spoke of the giant rabbits raised in that country. English rabbit breeders, raising the typical 7-8 lb. rabbit, were having trouble meeting the demand for rabbit meat in their country. So some of these "Giants" were imported to England and it was only a matter of time before they began showing up at local rabbit shows. The original Flemish Giant was typically impressive in size, about 14 lbs., and of a dirty iron grey color with sandy or white bars on the legs and long ears with bent tips. Now, through the efforts of Flemish Giant Breeders Associations around the world, our Gentle Giants have evolved to 7 varieties (colors) and sizes of 14-20 lbs. In the United States, the National Federation of Flemish Giant Rabbit Breeders was founded in 1915 to promote and improve the breed.
    Last edited by tomkatzid; 09-30-2003 at 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    English rabbit breeders, raising the typical 7-8 lb. rabbit, were having trouble meeting the demand for rabbit meat in their country.
    WOW! Only 4 months old? Goodness!

Piper's almost a year and weighs in at about 9-10 pounds. The vets think he's an english spot and (possibly) Californian cross. I just know he's a sweetie boy and *much* bigger than my previous bun, a holland lop cross!

Great pictures, I enjoyed looking at them all! Really liked the quilts, and also this picture caught my eye. I suspect that`s because he/she is a Springer! (I think!)

Thanks for sharing.

Great photos!
    I have only been to the Puyallup Fair ONCE! Such a long drive from Everett. Every year I tell myself "I'm going to go this year!" But I never do Although, I do go to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe every year I love fairs! The goats are my favorite things. I adore them!
    Thanks for sharing all the pics!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr