Thread: Introduction

Introduction

My daughter, who is in Japan - told me about this site and it has now become favorite I look at every day. I have always had a cat (or two or four:-) Our latest two grew to old age and the last died this past spring from kidney failure. Within a day, we ran out and adopted a sister and brother from a rescue society. They are Eliot & Emily (named for the poets :-) as I am a literature major and like the dignified names. Well, the last three cats were Ernie, Bert and Oscar - but we had small children at the time so what can I say? The rescue group fostered out the kittens, but Eliot was despondant without his sister so they could only be adopted as a unit. Since my last child (my daughter) was about to leave us with an empty nest - we gladly took both babies home. They are now 8 months old and a daily delight. I have to tell one story about Emily. She is sweet, pretty and very feminine - but she has a mean and selfish streak!! Everytime I open a milk or juice jug - I toss out the rings which both kitties love. BUT, Emily takes the first opportunity to grab the ring and RUN. I have tossed out dozens and dozens and still have no idea where she hides them - have NEVER found one. We will see her playing with a ring now and then, but off she goes to hide it again! Poor Eliot only gets a ring when we confine Emily to another room.
    Both kitties like to sleep on MY bed pillow. They have me well trained as I carefully use a tiny corner myself so as not to disturb them! ha! As you can tell, I adore my babies and cannot even imagine a home without a few kitties.
    Marty
    Eliot is the grey tiger and Emily is grey and white. I have also included my grandkitty from Japan. Altogether I have 6 grandkitties and 1 grand dog - they are Boomer, Ezzie, Patches, Oreo, Pickles, Marshmellow and dog is Cinnamon. Guess I need photos of all the grands, eh?
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-28-2003 at 01:16 PM.

Hi and welcome to PT!

Emily is adorable and I saw the pictures of them on the other board and think Eliot is a doll too. More pictures please.

As you can see below in my sig I have three cats and one dog. Scout is my latest addition. We got her in July and we are still under the adjustment period. My oldest is Ripley at 11 1/2 years, Jazz is about 16 months old and Scout is around 13-14 months if the rescue guessed her age correctly. My little pooch is 11+ years too. I have a geriatric group and a couple of teenagers around here - life is always interesting.

Hope to hear and see more about your furbabies.

From Decker with Love

Welcome to PT! Of course you love your kitties, who could resist their cuteness! Look under the fridge, I think you might find your 'lost' milk tabs. That seems to be the fave room for milk tab hockey in my house. Nothing like a nice piece of linoleum (original to the house, I am afraid) to make goals!

I have my babies in my siggy below, and somehow, a St. B came to me, too. You will note he is not in the same formal attire as the rest of the guys, but, he fits in all the same.

Welcome again, post many pics, tell us about yourself, and look out. Now that you are 'joined', there is NO turning back.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to Pet Talk! Cataholic is correct: now that you've joined there is NO turning back! Resistance is futile

Your two are so cute! More pics please!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Welcome to Pet talk (the most addictive site on the entier world wide web ) Love your kitties and the story of the milk jug rings. My little Kim is the same way, very possesive of those rings! Another of their favorite toys is the center of the scotch tape roll.

Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk - I am sure you will love it here!

Eliot ans Emily are both so cute! Looking forward to hearing more of their adventures, and seeing more pics too!!

I have one cat, Ally. She is a Bahraini Dilmun (you can see her pic in my sig).

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Welcome to Pettalk

Just be careful, I had one cat when I joined this site, now I have six !!!!

We need more photos of your cute cats, the sooner the better.

Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm sure you'll love it here as much as I do and it is quite addictive too. Both Emily and Eliot are very cute and I love their names. I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see in my signature. I look forward to hearing more about your cats and seeing more pics of them too.

Welcome! Emily and Eliot are sweeties, especially their babies pics

Yes, we need pictures of your grandkitties, especially Pickles, as the creamy coloured cat in my signature is also called Pickles!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

KAK helped me figure out how to post images so here are two of my favorites:

baby Emily, 10 weeks old and first day in new home

baby Eliot - Emily's brother - same day

Here they are last week on my birthday. I had opened a package from my daughter and Emily climbed into the box. Only problem is that Miss Emily Dickinson does NOT know how to share and hissed at Eliot whenever HE wanted to get in. She can be such a brat!!

I'm glad you figured out how to post pics. Your cats are so cute.