Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shina

Shina

I just lost my beloved Jerry-Lee an all black German Shepherd so I feel your pain. I too had a song for Jerry " it had to be you" I know I will see him again. love, Jerili
    http://pages.ivillage.com/jerili/reikiuniversallovingenergy/id2.html

a loving tribute

Shina's guardian, I know Shina would be so proud to know that her person appreciates and loves her still. She obviously was the light of your life and I don't doubt that for her the sun rose and set with your comings and goings.

Tears are flowing here because I feel your loss as well as that of my own two departed RB ones. The tune of You are My Sunshine must be universal for those of us who have a special bond with their animals, because mine heard a variation as well, only delivered completely out of tune, which never seemed to make a difference to them.

Shina was a stunning dog with eyes that were deep liquid pools into her soul. I know that even though 17 years is a long time, you must wonder why they went so quickly. Shina is definitely a Dog of the Day. I kind of think that there must be a big old computer at the Rainbow Bridge where the furry ones gather periodically to check out this website to see if any of their people have been posting. I sense there was quite a commotion this morning when my Bailey (she's such a smartee pup) announced...*Hey, Shina, Guess who is Dog of the Day?*
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Sensational!
    Rest in Peace!

A little village, Aurignac, in the the south west of France (Europe)

Shina girl

I'm sure Shina had a great life with you... I just wish to thank you for your kindness and love to her. You're great.
    Framboise
    Aurignac, France

Thank you for sharing Shina's beautiful life story with us. I lost my beloved Cody in April, and feel your loss and pain. Even 17 years wasn't long enough for Shina to share your life with you. But at least you can be comforted knowing that she had a marvellous, happy, loving life with you, her passionate owner. I loved the way her "lady" paws are crossed in her photo! She still is a beautiful girl. She is looking down on you, still loving you and guarding you all your days.

I've been Boooo'd!

Beautiful. Shina wsa very lucky to have been with you and you were very lucky to have her. What a great bond you two had. This is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

I am crying right now! That was so beautiful and Shina was a really special dog. That was a nice and perfect way to honor her. She was an absolutely gorgeous dog!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Blog Entries

treasured SHINA

Mew, dear Shina,

Such a lovely tribute to you, darling Shina. It tells us how loved you are and will always be. My KatMa is still wiping away her tears 'cause she understands so well your furson's great loss. My KatMa had darling Bobby (Roberta) for 17 1/2 years and like your guardian, she will never, ever forget or stop loving Bobby.

You were such a beautiful girl and we're delighted to know you had a long, happy life, treasured and loved by your furson. Your place in your guardian's heart is set in steel, permanent, forever.

My KatMa believes you and Bobby are best friends across Rainbows' Bridge. KatMa knows you have been elevated to the highest status any pet can have: Guardian Angel. Guard your human who loves you so much.

A picture of our beloved Bobby [Roberta], b. 1979; d. Sept 9/96.

KatMa says if there is reincarnation, she wants to come back as her beloved pets. One way or another, KatMa wants to end up with her pets, where ever that magical place is.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Blog Entries
    Tucker and Hannah's *dog*Ma, ~~Rachel~~ wrote:

"I kind of think that there must be a big old computer at the Rainbow Bridge where the furry ones gather periodically to check out this website to see if any of their people have been posting. I sense there was quite a commotion this morning when my Bailey (she's such a smartee pup) announced...*Hey, Shina, Guess who is Dog of the Day?*"

What pretty picture Rachel painted! My KatMa shut her eyes and all of her darlings at RB appeared, looking at the computer screen.

Mew, my KatMa thinks it would be awesome if wwww.petoftheday.com created a "TRIBUTE of the day" for beloved, departed pets.

Today is Rosh Hashanna. Mew, me-eow, Happy New Year to those at PT who observe this day, like my purrents. Wishes for health, happiness and prosperity from our Palace to yours...

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Thanks to you all who posted, and who will post! I am crying my eyes out reading your kind words.

When Shina passed, I really didnt believe that ANYone in the world could ever love a dog as much as I loved her! She was so spoiled...and yes, a lady! She always sat with her paws crossed, another one of her charms. (She walked herself too, which was funny...she would grab the leash from me and just strut off like "Look at me! My mom lets me walk myself!" of course, she would stop at the first word out of my mouth and wait for me, so dont worry, she never went far alone!) I didnt mean to tell another story, there are SO many for her, she led a full life. But as I was saying, about my love for her, and thinking there could be nobody in this world that understands, I realize now that there are and that I am not alone. I am still grieving her, more now than when it first happened, and Im not sure why. Maybe someone could fill me in on how long this is going to last.....

I started off just saying thank you, and will end on that note as well. Sorry to have rambled...and for any typos I may have overlooked.

Amy
    I attached a picture of me and Shina, when we were both still just puppies. She was 8 months, I was 15....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dear Amy. I am awash in tears. Your beautiful tribute to your your heart dog, your dog of a lifetime, your beautiful best friend Shina has moved me more than words can express. In her adoring brown eyes is reflected a lifetime of unconditional love, friendship and devotion. For 17 wonderful years you grew together, laughed together, cried together and comforted each other. To have known the love of a dog as special as your beautiful Shina is to have been truly blessed. I loved how you spoke of her ladylike charms; how she would sit so sweetly with her paws crossed, how impishly she would trot off with her leash in her mouth Those are the happy memories that will fill your heart and nourish your soul until that day you and Shina are united once more. And Amy, you are not alone. My special girl, my best friend forever, was, is, my beloved Lab Jingles. "You Are My Sunshine" was our song too and it was the song I sang softly into her ears as she made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Like my Jing, your Shina has shed her earthly bounds but I have no doubt that today, on this, her special day, she is looking down upon us with all of our beloved RB babies, smiling, so proud that her Mommy has honored her so lovingly. Today, along with you, we celebrate her life and the inseperable bond that joins you and her for eternity. Bless you beautiful Shina. And thank you so much Amy for sharing your Shina with us. It was an honor to have met her. Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Amy, thank you for posting more about our very special
    Dog of the Day. We are often left wanting more about the dear hearts we meet and we treasure every word you had to offer about Shina, and a picture when she and her mom were both mere pups....what a great surprise and such a treat.

Amy, you are among your own people here. Before I found Pet Talk, I often thought I belonged on another planet because I didn't realize there were others who connected on such a deep level with their animals. But I have found them here. The loss of our treaured furkids is something that many of us doubt that we could ever face and when the unthinkable happens, we doubt that we can ever feel joy again. Eventually the wound in our hearts will heal and a just a scar is there. But periodically that scar will break open and all the grief we experienced will come rushing back. You are not alone in your feelings. Please know that there are many here who understand. Sometimes we see that we see those scars break open in one or another's posting at Pet Talk when some event or situation makes us remember. The tears that flowed this morning when you talked about your relationship with Shina were another sign of some of the healed, but vulnerable wounds that remain within us.

Let the grief come out when you need to, but then pack it away deep inside, knowing Shina would want you to be happy and even to love again. Let Shina comfort you from the RB. That will happen too, in a dream or a fleeting glimpse of her tail in your periphial vision, or the appearance of a butterfly. You'll know.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Amy, tears were shed here this evening for your beautiful soul, Shina. What a wonderful tribute to her life. What lucky girls you both were to have each other for such a long time! I could only wish that any of mine could stay with me that long (alas, none will).
    Even more tears welled up when you mentioned in a later post that your sweet girl would sit with her paws crossed and walk herself on her leash!!!!!!!!!! My heart dog, Wolf would do both things also!!!! He only lived 10 wonderful years and died in 1984. I still, to this day, miss him terribly. He is the reason for my great love of the GSD breed.
    Please tell us more of your sweet girl. Tell us some funny little things that she used to do to make you laugh. In a while, you will be able to smile again and celebrate having had Shina in your life. Thanks so much for sharing your most deserved Shina as Dog of the Day!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

How beautiful ........... thanks so much for sharing her wonderful life with us .........
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I imagine I know how you feel. Shina was your furry soul mate, as Duke is mine. I'm so glad you had so many happy years together. It must have been great to grow up with her. She was a beautiful dog. I believe one day we'll all be reunited with our very special animals and that will be the happiest time for us all. Until then, remember your sweet Shina. I'm sure part of her is always with you.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06