Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What A Chain Of Events!!!! A Very Happy Ending

What A Chain Of Events!!!! A Very Happy Ending

As you know, I trapped mama (of the 5 kittens we rescued last week) last night. She is not feral at all, but a sweet loving little Tortie I named Sydney.

I took her to the shelter this morning to get checked out. She got a clean bill of health and I was all set to foster her. Well, a guy walked in the door with this tiny, little bit of a tiger baby, about 3-4 weeks old that he found. He had been bottle feeding her (I named her Sara), along with a slightly older black kitten.

We brought them into the nursery and a lightbulb went off in my head!!!! "How about putting Sydney in with the still nursing kittens???" VOILA!!! Sydney, who is still lactating from her 5 babies, took over the little tiger kitten like her own. I sat there and cried, feeling bad that I wasn't going to be able to foster her, as she was needed for Sara.

Well, Cathy, my smart little Vet Tech buddy said..."Gee, it looks like you'll be fostering 2 kitties, huh??" DUH!!!! It never dawned on me to take BOTH home. They checked out baby Sara and she's fine, just very hungry. They are both safe and sound in my spare bedroom in a 19 gallon tub with a pillow in it. Sydney is in 7th heaven as well as Sara.

Pictures you ask???? You silly billies, OF COURSE I TOOK PICTURES!!!! Is this a Kodak moment or what???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Here is baby Sara. Who'd have ever thought I'd reach double digits in cats!

What a happy ending this has been.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

OMG that's so cute. What a little fluff ball. I wish I could take them both but Max would have little Sara for breakfast. Congrats, and BTW thanks for the pics, but not nearly enough of them
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OMG Donna, I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face as this is such a heartwarming story. I am so happy for you and Sydney and little Sara.

Sydney is such a beauty and little Sara is such a sweetheart.

Can't wait to see more pictures. (hint hint)

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

AWWWWWW. What a heartwarming story. You are the best, Donna.
    Steffi and Lovable

****SCREEEEECH**** With delight !!!!! What a cutie-pie couple.

But more importantly, Donna is fosterijng again! Am I surprised........NO!

They're doing well. Sydney has become very protective of Sara because stoopid Doogie keeps putting his paw under the door. She's hissed at me but I know she wouldn't hurt me. I wouldn't be surprized if she moved her into the closet (I put a pillow on the bottom just in case). It's a little more private. That's okay if she does.

I'll try and get more pictures later.

Jen,

How could I POSSIBLY say no????? Especially since it took me 2 weeks to catch Sydney and Lil Sara needed a mama who still had milk. Okay, so I'm a mush. I admit it.

This is excellent news!!! I'm so glad that you're able to foster both of them. Good luck and I'd also love to see more pics too.

OMG those pictures are too cute! Baby Sara is adorable, and Sydney is such a good mommy for taking in a little foster of her own.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

They look like Hermoine and Noel!!!

Donna you have the biggest heart!!!
    Good luck!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Wonderful!!! I'm smiling and crying all at the same time! Hurray for happy endings, and hurray for your big heart to help those in need!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

This is just the best story - and with pictures! I made my husband come in and look at the pictures too. I want to see more of them, I can't get enough!

You are really wonderful to be fostering them!!

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    AWW! How sweet! I love the pic belly-up of little Sara! What a pair of cuties and what a good meowmie to take them in!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Originally posted by moosmom
    Who'd have ever thought I'd reach double digits in cats!
    Donna, I have been expecting this for a long time.

They're such sweethearts. Glad they have a clean bill of health and you're able to keep them!

More pics!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

They both doing well. I picked up Sara and was kissing her and she locked on my lips like no one's business!!! Now I know why Sydney gets out of the box as much as possible. If I had a set of THOSE teeth locking onto my tits, I'd get the hell outta there too!! I think that Sydney's milk isn't enough for Sara. So I went to the shelter and got a bottle and milk supplement. Sara wolfed down 30 cc's of it! I'm thinking of renaming her Miss Piggy!!!

I'll try and get more pictures in a little bit.