Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LD is Heartworm Positive

I think Rachel is right. Bourbon directed LD to you. Good luck!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Just wanted to say hope everything is okay with LD. Let us know what the vet says on the 19th. You're both in our prayers!
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

You know, there is no doubt in my mind that Bourbon directed this stray to me. He knew what a wreck I was and that my puppy was not yet ready to come to me, so he sent LD to my parking lot, next to my car, and I just "happened" to walk up front at that moment and saw him. LD needed a mom and I needed a dog.

EXACTLY!!!!! Bourbon knew LD needed a loving home with a wonderful mom who would help him get well and love him to pieces! Good ole Bourbon sent you a wonderful Thank You gift. Tails are a-waggin like crazy! Lots of slurps, people hugs and prayers!

I am very new on the board, can anyone please tell me what is the story about pepper and LD? Thanks.
    Hope LD feels better today.
    Quanzhan + Zack

If you go to Dog Rescue, my story of LD is under "I have a Predicament and I need your input FAST".

I first found this board when I was searching for an answer for my sick baby Bourbon. Unfortunately, cancer was the answer and I had to send him to the Bridge on October 11. You can read his story here http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultima...c&f=6&t=000138

I guess I misunderstood what was going to happen yesterday. I thought he was going to get tested to see if the treatment worked. But no... The vet told me they used to use 3 treatments to kill the heartworms. Then they found they could do one treatment and start on heartworm preventative in about two weeks. The heartworm preventative flushes the system of all the baby worms. He said LD would test positive for heartworms for about six months. Amazing. He said his heart and lungs sounded good so hopefully he's on the road to recovery.

The vet said he seems like such a happy dog. He told him that he was lucky to have found me. Made me blush!

Who wouldn't be a happy pupster, having found such a wonderful mom and forever home! Glad to hear LD is well on his way to recovery. It should be a very happy Christmas for you both

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

LD waslucky to have found you and he knows it. Glad to hear the good report from the vet.

pepper, I just read the posts you had posted before, it was very touching. I lost my first pet ever Sandy to the kidney failure last July, I was heartbroken.
    And in Nov, I adopted Zack and just like you I had to went through the heartworm treatment with him.
    But the good news is, they will get much better. Zack was very quiet and calm when I first got him, now he is heartworm free, he is sooooo much hyper than before. So just wait to see, LD will be even happier 5 weeks from now.
    Zack had his first 2 treatments (kill the audlt worms) about 6 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago went back for another 1 (kill the baby worms, this was much easier on them than the first 2). Yesterday we went to vet for a check up. Most pets are heartworm free after the treatment. then they will start to have the heartworm prevention pills.
    Big hugs to LD and you
    Quanzhan + Zack