Thread: Bandit's walk

Bandit's walk

Hi, it's me Bandit's Mom and I feel like talking about Bandit. I took him for his walk this morning, but I still feel as though he is walking me. He likes to pull and he weighs 55 pounds and that is hard on me sometimes. He will sit on comand. I think he likes to show off too. It could be my imagination, but I think he does.? I just don't like to choke up on him because I'm afraid I'll hurt him. Well that's it for now. I wish I could send pictures. Maybe in time. He has hazel brown eyes. I forgot to mention that before. I want to thank everybody who responded to my first e-mail. I will get better at this in time.

Sounds like Bandit does show off - and why not - he's got a loving and caring human to share his life with!

Some of the dog owners here will have expert techniques for helping with Bandit, I'm sure. Meanwhile, all of us are glad to hear about Bandit and his adventures!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

I've been working on teaching my siberian husky to "heel" and it's still an on-going battle, lol. Have you tried a halti or gentle leader? Those work nicely on most dogs to stop the pulling.

I can empathise with you on this, my Bob is 50 pounds, and despite training, is a puller too. I find the Halti type of headcollar work extremely well, and the no-pull harnesses are good too. Good luck, hope you find a way that works and walks become fun again.

Christine

I've never used halti's, but I use pinch collars on my dogs. They look cruel, but they are actually curved, they don't stab the dog's neck like some people think. They work awesome on my dogs. Cure the problem right away.