Thread: I just don't understand?

I just don't understand?

I love dogs very very much.Over the last two years I'v had over 7 inside dogs & 3 outside dogs. All of the dogs my mom has made me get rid of. I don't understand . She says she loved them , but she made me give them away my favorite a Sport a chi. we had for two1/2 years. He was my baby , he slept with me and followed me around ,he kept me company during bad stroms(i hate lighting), and he was the the highlight of my day. One day I came home and some one was at the house mom told me she was there to get sport,I started crying and she asked me if I'd rather give up Trouble ,another dog I had at the time that she later got rid of, I said yea. The lady wanted sport though. Iwas crying the woman even said she would let me keep him if I stopped crying but mom gave him to her. I was so mad I didn't talk to her for 2 weeks.When I asked her why she said he wasn't house trained, but he would go if you took him out and she doesn't work ,so i didn't see the problem.
    Then a year and 3 dogs later she got a puppy named cotton I fell in love and over the summer she gave him away too.He is my baby and I love him! I cried and thought of Sport. Now she's told me I have to get rid of my G.Dane I've had for3 years. This is breaking my heart ,why is she doing this. Every time it storms i get mad about it , and it storms alot here! What should i do?
    Last edited by M.a.m.a.s. Gurl 07; 09-18-2003 at 07:48 PM.
    ~*I LOVE MY BABIES*~

you should really talk to your mom about this more deeply. I don't know the other side of the story but from what you've said, giving up a dog because it isn't housetrained is horrible. I don't know what I'd do without Kai.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

First, I'd recommend not getting anymore dogs (or other animals) until you move out on your own away from your mom! She obviously thinks dogs are just objects that you can throw away when you're tired of them. They are living things and do not deserve to be treated like that.

I'd try talking to her and convince her not to get anymore dogs herself. Write a list of all the dogs she's thrown away and ask her if she even still keeps in contact with ANY of the new owners. If she doesn't, she has no way of knowing if the dogs are okay or not.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I hate to say it but ur mum has a serious problem!
    You obviously care very much about ur dogs, but why an earth did she let you have them in the first place if she had no intention of keeping them for their whole lives.
    and i mean 7 dogs in to years is a disgrace!
    with ur current dog/s, if she tries to rehome them put ur foot right down and say "NO" he/she is staying here, my dog my choice,
    How old are u???
    Delcey

My mother was exactly the same way. She'd bring a dog home, get mad at it for not training itself to be perfect, and then get rid of it because it was "stupid" or "trouble". She's still doing it to this day! She thinks I got lucky when I got Jake and Max because they're so good - she doesn't realize that it takes a good owner to make a great dog!

If your mom's anything like mine, then I think you should just give up on the idea of having dogs while you're living at home. Some people just don't understand the kind of relationship that people need to develop with their dogs if they want them to be good pets, and as Aly said they think they're just "objects that you can throw away when you're tired of them".

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

I know for a fact that if my mom ever got rif of Tikeya I would punch her. I would. I love tikeya more then anything.. your mom is a cow, I would never stand for that. EVER!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven