Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a lover.....

Are you a lover.....

I would like to know if you are a breeder or a lover of a breed or just a lover of all cats? Why do you love a certain breed? And how long have you been a cat lover.

I have been a cat lover all of my life and have cats and kittens most of the time. I fell into Maine Coons when I went with a friend who was checking on a female who was due anytime, and low and behold the first one was born when we arrived there. That was my Jezabelle. she is a brown patched tabby with white and when I brought her home, her half sister came with us. Two are better than one Right! And that started the whole thing. JEz and her sister G. Louise are 7 and a half years old now. And I have been showing 7 years and breeding for only 4 years. I have learned alot and I do know there is still alot to learn.

So I would love to hear from you and read what your stories are.

This is a blue patched kitten that I will be adding to my breeding program. Her name is Cathan, we call her the Imp. She will be arriving from Capetown, So. Africa in November. I can't wait!!!

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love Abyssinians!!!!!!!!!!! (need I say more?!)
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Definitely a lover .... been a cat lover all my life - and I love Maine Coons! I yearned to have one after first seeing a red MC kitten at a cat show when my beloved Goldie was alive. Goldie was an only cat-cat - my golden fur princess, so I respected her wishes. When she went over the RB earlier this year, I searched for and found my Mishi - my Maine Goon! I love my big red boy!

Your little Cathan definitely looks like an imp -- a devilish, Maine Coon imp! What a cutie!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Of course I'm a lover of cats! LOL I think we all are here

and as you can see under me username to the left, it also says I'm a Persian Cat lover
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I am a true lover of the DOMESTIC cat. Breeds mean nothing to me. Nice to see pictures of, and I am sure that I would love them but give me the old homeless mutt to love, any day.

I love all cats. Right now I have to domestic shorthair orange tabby and a siamese mix, I love them both.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm a lover of all cats, hence my username krazyaboutkatz. I've been to many cat shows but I always look forward to seeing the household pet division. All four of my male cats are mixed. Storm is a Maine Coon mix, Sunny is an Aby mix, Sky is a Siamese mix, and Cirrus looks like a Bengal and Occicat mix.

If I were to get a purebred, I'd love to get a Maine Coon or an Abyssinian.

I love Abysinnians!

I love all cats though but Aby's are my favourite breed.

Bastet is a fawn aby and she was cat of the day on September 10, 2002.

I would love to get her a companion - however at present I can't. If I did though it would be a rescue cat of some sort. I would go for another aby first off though (as a rescue) but any cat would be always welcome in my home
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

There have always cats in the household from my childhood forward and they were always rescues.

In my later years, I fell in love with Abys, particularly Ruddys, not only for their beauty but their gregarious personality. Unsuspecting guests are always surprised to be trampled, groomed or cuddled by a cat that looks like a baby mountain lion. And it's fun to have them perform "tricks" for the guests (popping kitty soap bubbles, flips and other acrobatics chasng a feather toy, etc.)
    Randy

RP Cathouse- I love all cats...but going to the shelters and seeing all of the lonely ones...makes me want to take all of them home...Although, if i had to think of a specific breed, i think ragdolls are beautiful (used to have one). However, the nicest cats i have ever met are my 2 rescues, a domestic medium length haired white girl and domestic short haired black boy...don't know what i would do w/o them

Thought i would mention...we have friends who live in Cape Town, South Africa...small world

Robyn

Even though I love all cats, I seem to have a great fascination for abys.
    I'm thinking of getting Tux a (rescued) aby playmate. But that does not mean I wouldn't take in a rescued "mutt".

Just as long as she's a good match for my boy.

Van10 - Meowmy to a Tuxedo boy

Hello cat lovers:

Me and my husband love cats. Have never owned a dog. I began with cats when I was about 13 yrs old. First one was a Seal pt. Siamese. She liked everyone. She used to lay against my back and wake me up in the middle of the night because she purred so loud.

Since I got married in 1986 and have had more cats. Three were domestics. One was named Toby and he loved my lap. Whenever I'd sit he'd jump in my lap. He used to lay above my head. I have two kids and when I was about six months pregnant, I awoke one morning and found my five cats laying around my stomach. Two were Siamese, one was a Himilayan/Siamese mix and two domestics. Seems they are very sensitive.

My husband and I love Siamese. We have had three (a seal pt and two blue pts). They are great with kids. When my first son was born, two of them jumped in his crib and layed beside him.

Siamese have a lot of admirable qualities. Seem to understand English and are very smart.

My current cats don't go to bed with me. And my Siamese seldom purrs.

This is my story. Better go.

Sincerely

Anne
    miss tobina

I have always loved all cats! I grew up with a mixed Siamese cat in the household and have been rescuing cats along the way. There is a big feral cat population up at my cottage that I'm slowly working on.

Now I have a Russian Blue and she is very near and dear to my heart. I love the Russian Blue breed, but I think I could find any cat adorable because of their unique personalities.

It just takes that first meow or purr and I'm hooked!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I love Ragdolls and Persians.

I like almost all cats, but I wouldn't own another breed.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I love all cats! Especially my own I'm not breed loyal. I've had all rescued cats growing up, and both of my babies are from the shelter. I just thought Marsha was so pretty! It had nothing to do with the breed.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!