Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a lover.....

I have always loved cats. While growing up we had many pets in my family but it seemed like there was always a cat among the hamsters, rat, mouse, guinea pigs, chickens, etc.... I also have always had a thing for horses but it's a little harder to own a horse. So I visit horses whenever I can.

Juli

I never owned (or even liked ) cats until 10 years ago. Trevor was brought into my home by my son, completely without my knowledge, but he has definitely changed my mind about cats. Then 3 years later along came Andy. Neither or them are purebred but they are sweethearts for sure. I don't think I would ever go to a breeder for a kitty because each time I go to a shelter I fall in love with several of the homeless ones there and want to bring them home. I am becoming a big fan of the abysinian (sp?) breed though, as a result of meeting them through fellow Pet Talkers.

In th last year I know of three Abyssinians who have found homes after being in shelters. They get lost just like other cats and, unless microchipped, are just as hard to find. And, usually having been raised in a home-like environment, they are SO grateful to be back in a home!
    Randy

I do have breeds of cats that I like, Maine Coon for one. I also think that Norwegian Forest cats, they look pretty cool. I have been intrigued with Ragdolls, they just sound like neat cats.

After all that I am really a lover of all cats and will take the ones that pick me.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I did not grow up with cats because my parents did not like them. We had purebred poodles and chihuahuas. (now I call them "foofoo" dogs) When I married, we had a friendly orange male who would "visit" us every day and I soon found a cat humane group that I joined. I have not been without a cat or three for the past 30 some years! I have never had a purebred - just whoever came along and needed me!! If I were to choose a breed - I suppose it would be a Ragdoll - just from what I have read - but I really prefer basic domestic mixed breeds.

I love siamese cats

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)